Home: Breed Specific: Gundog Group:
Anyone Accept Cockers With Tails?

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 16, 2004, 8:12 PM

Post #1 of 10 (1514 views)
Shortcut
Anyone Accept Cockers With Tails? Can't Post

I was just wondering is there anyone would accept Cockers with tails? I never like docking dogs' tails or cropping dogs' ears but seem like have been something people have been doing for years... I found this Cocker at UPM event with tail.. said the owner that he was imported from Australia and has been ban to dock any dogs' tail... I have been told Britain had ban such doing too.... What you think? Fion
Attachments: cocker_with_tail.jpg (140 KB)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 16, 2004, 9:26 PM

Post #2 of 10 (1508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vicfion] Anyone Accept Cockers With Tails? [In reply to] Can't Post

Fion,

I think this post should be more appropriately put at the polling side.

Btw, its more of a personal choice lar the way i see it. yes its cruel but .... its still being done. If u like with tail.... u can get it just go to a good breeder and tell them u want a pet ECS with tail and booked it even BEFORE its born. I have heard of it being done before so .... no big deal to me lor coz one of my minpin gang member also same thing...booked his minpin before its born so that the owner wont docked the tail.

cheers,
minglmy

tracky
Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2004, 11:01 PM

Post #3 of 10 (1503 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Anyone Accept Cockers With Tails? [In reply to] Can't Post

y they 1 2 cut the ECS tail?

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 17, 2004, 12:05 AM

Post #4 of 10 (1497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] Anyone Accept Cockers With Tails? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi !

In Malaysia or anywhere else ... if u look at most cockers their tail is docked or some breed like minpin, doberman, MS have their ear cropped to make it look nice and sharp. This is something of the norm but there is few countries that does banned this traditions of ear cropping and tail docked due to cruelty to animals with laws to protect them but not in countries like malaysia.... so here is more of a preferences of individual.

Imagine MS, ECS, or minpin with long tail...

cheers,
minglmy

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 17, 2004, 1:15 AM

Post #5 of 10 (1492 views)
Shortcut

I've met a rottweiler with tail. He just looks lovely! Never stop wagging that tail!

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 17, 2004, 1:39 AM

Post #6 of 10 (1488 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Anyone Accept Cockers With Tails? [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha yea seen minpin with tail too... makes not differences to me lar but well, there is some who differ n prefer a docked tail n cropped ear either for show purpose or otherwise.

cheers,
minglmy

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 17, 2004, 4:29 AM

Post #7 of 10 (1468 views)
Shortcut

I was just wondering... Because I once asked people what if I don't want to docked my Cocker puppies' tail, will they still want my puppies... They were like.. I don't know.. So weird.. I hope they will ban here.. However only certain breed with tail looks fine? Maybe just people... Too use to seeing certain breed like this but I find that Cocker with tail is beautiful... Thanks for answering my doubts.... Fion

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 17, 2004, 4:41 AM

Post #8 of 10 (1465 views)
Shortcut

Well, cannot say lor... i mean... its the norm seeing pups with docked tail esp ecs then all of a sudden come out an ecs with a tail a bit funny lor. Depending on pp lorl....not all like a doberman with tail.... not all like minpin with tail .... some think that with tail is a weirdo or pariah dog even though they are of the same breed. some ppl have different perceptions one lor.

cheers,
minglmy

vicfion
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 18, 2004, 7:03 AM

Post #9 of 10 (1439 views)
Shortcut

I do understand.. But all these were started by peoples' doing lo.. Anyway, I shall not go further but just wondering will people want a Cocker with tail lo since I see a few already and people seem to like it... Fion

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 18, 2004, 7:53 PM

Post #10 of 10 (1430 views)
Shortcut

like i say earlier .... its all personal choice... there is those who like n there is those who doesnt....

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my