Price for Vaccination

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 21, 2004, 5:25 PM

Post #26 of 43 (7034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [all] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

my vet sells de-worm tablet for rm5 each... is it expensive or it is reasonable price...

and de-worm got injection meh???

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 21, 2004, 5:56 PM

Post #27 of 43 (7024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

ya i think dun hav injection for de-worm..

but injection to mouth...

RM5 = 1 tablets.. ?

er.. dono ...reasonable or not..by the way..u from which part of KL?

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 21, 2004, 6:05 PM

Post #28 of 43 (7023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

yes, rm5 for 1 de-worm tablet... my vet is located in PJ...

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 22, 2004, 6:12 AM

Post #29 of 43 (7008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Tablet is RM5.00 per tablet. Brand : Cestal Plus or Dontal Plus

2. I prefer Tablet dewormer compare to liquid form dewormer. Usually liquid form dewormer is for puppies.

3. Annually injection for 7in1 is around RM85.00 for 6in1 is RM45.00. The different between 7in1 and 6in1 is got extra one coruna virus vaccine. The coruna vaccine is optional and is cost RM40.00.

Hope this help.

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 22, 2004, 6:31 AM

Post #30 of 43 (7000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Good DAy,

ur beagle in PD look so cool...

which part of PD?i hope i can bring my puppy for swim 1 day oso.. ^_^

the de-worm r all the same? or diff like de-worm tablets for puppy/adult dog?

scout
Dog Kichi

Feb 1, 2005, 5:43 PM

Post #31 of 43 (6866 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

My Lab is 10 weeks old (yesterday just gave 2nd vac). First time I hear got 6in1, 7in1, 10in1 vac.

So, if the 3rd vac i want to give my lab 7in1 or say 10in1, is it okay?

If there is such thing as better vac, how come vets never recommend it arr??

By the way... hehehe... i know i'm asking a lot of Q... what is coruna virus?

THanks...

Cheers,

G

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 4, 2005, 7:20 AM

Post #32 of 43 (6835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [scout] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I personally think you go for 7in1 injection that include the coruna virus. Coruna virus can make our doggie have watery poopoo It was transmit from others dog poo to our dog. If you bring your dog out and mix with other dog often you go for the 7in1 injection if not you can save abit and choose the 6in1 without the coruna vaccine.

j9yne

Feb 4, 2005, 8:58 PM

Post #33 of 43 (6827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rusty] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello..

There are so many different vaccines, how do we choose which one to give to our dog? my dog's first 3 jabs are all 6-in-1. he's about to get his annual jab next month. so i'd like to know more about vaccines. i notice you didn't type about 6-in-1. is it not good enough Crazy? and is 10-in-1 necessary? how much $$$ difference?

Thanks Wink

current doggie at home : junior (silky terrier) Frown
my wish list : ckcs Frown

rusty
Novice

Feb 5, 2005, 3:22 AM

Post #34 of 43 (6817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [j9yne] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, the 6 in 1 is the same as the 7 in 1 which I mentioned.

Some vets refer their vaccines as 6 in 1 ie. there are 6 antigens (viruses and bacteria) in 1 vaccine.

Those who call it 7 in 1 refers to disease protection as one of the viruses in 6 in 1 has cross protection for another disease. Therefore 7 in 1.

Is 6 in 1 good enough ? That you may have to check with your vet. Just have to highlight to you that the difference of the 10 in 1 as compared to the 6 in 1 your dog had are a few things

1. There is extra coronavirus component in the vaccine which a lot of people believe (a) coronavirus infection alone doesn't kill (b) seldom seen in adult dogs (c) kills when there is mixed infection with parvovirus. Therefore, a lot of people believe that if the dog has been vaccinated against parvovirus, then not necessary to vaccinate against coronavirus. However, sometimes we are so gullible to believe that every dog that is vaccinated against parvovirus will definitely get full protection. Nothing is absolute. Those who want the best, can consider coronavirus.

2. There are two extra Leptospira strains as compared to other vaccines (all together 4 Leptospira strains). As Leptospira doesn't provide cross protection, the more strains the better. Furthermore, Leptospira is usually transmitted through rats urine, it can be a problem in rat infested area. Furthermore, this is a disease that can be transmitted to human beings, it is better be safe than sorry. The 4 strains are found in Malaysia.

Therefore, discuss with your vet and see what he/she says. Seek second opinion if you are still not satisfied.

Cheerio !

j9yne

Feb 5, 2005, 10:03 PM

Post #35 of 43 (6808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rusty] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello rusty,

Thanks so much for replyingCool.. now i understand more. i guess i'll have to check with the vet and see what he says.

current doggie at home : junior (silky terrier) Frown
my wish list : ckcs Frown

my_dawg_daisy
K9 Maniac

Feb 7, 2005, 9:39 PM

Post #36 of 43 (6766 views)
Shortcut
Re: [j9yne] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Hie!Sorry to butt in...jst additional info..i got my 10in 1 for daisy at 70rm (per jab of course)

~Eve~ Proud owner of 2 Cheeky & Bubbly Furbabies:- Daisy (Dashie) & Meeko (MS)

Eve's Lil' Cerita Place

leecnken
Novice

Dec 19, 2005, 8:48 PM

Post #37 of 43 (6462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my_dawg_daisy] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all,

Mind to tell me where do you all go for 10-in-1 vacination? I have checked with a few vet as most of them didn't have 10-in-1 vacination. The VETs in Sri Petaling charged me RM90 to the jab and I see you guys getting the jab RM10 ~ RM 20 ringgit cheaper than the one quoted .I will be getting my GR next monday. Hope you guys can give me some guidance. Thanks.

Regards,
Ken

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 20, 2005, 4:26 AM

Post #38 of 43 (6459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecnken] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Just wanted to know why you want to give a 10 in 1 jab to ur dog?Unsure

leecnken
Novice

Dec 20, 2005, 7:23 PM

Post #39 of 43 (6449 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chis,

Just want to give the best to my GR puppy; but I am not sure if this is 10-in-1 is good as I have consulted a Vets yesterday and he told me the additional viral for Lep something will only last for 2 month. The rest of the jab consist of Parvo, distemper, corona and so on... Mind to share, and mind to give me the Vets around Puchong, Sunway, Subang, Sri Petaling?

Thanks!

Regards,
Ken

In Reply To

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 21, 2005, 3:48 AM

Post #40 of 43 (6437 views)
Shortcut

E-mail me at chrisoys @ y.a.h.o.o.com will recomend you some reliable vet for your referenceWink

CheersCool

coffee

Dec 21, 2005, 7:39 PM

Post #41 of 43 (6428 views)
Shortcut

For your information, the leps in the 10 in 1 is not viruses. They are Bacteria called leptospirus. Conventional vaccine contains only 2 groups of Leps but 9 in 1 and 10 in 1 contain 4 groups. Once infected, Leptospirus basically causes kidney and liver failure in your dogs if your dogs survive the peracute stage which is sudden death and acute stage which your dog will be very sick. The best part is Leptospiral diseases is zoonotic, means your dogs can acts as a reservoir and pass the diseases to your family.

The lep in the vaccine does not last only 2 months, if properly vaccinated (means vaccination plus booster) will provide one year of protection, that's why you need annual booster.

Some people might question that according to some research vaccination antibody protection will last 3-5 years and some even life long, why vaccinate every year? One of the reason is the leptospiral. Because it is kill bacterin, it needs annual booster to boost the antibody. What some of you read in the webside is just part of the research and story, they didn't tell you the whole scenario. Talk to your vet.

leecnken
Novice

Dec 21, 2005, 9:53 PM

Post #42 of 43 (6425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coffee] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Coffee / All,

If that's the case, I will go for 10-in-1 vacination and the previous vacination taken by my puppy will be ignored. correct me if I am wrong as the puppy required 10-in-1 vacination for 3 times. The vets near where I got my puppy said he don't have 10-in-1 vacination.

Btw, is it okay if my puppy only given 2 hour guarantee. Prior that 2 hour if the puppy was found having parvo or distemper or any fatal viruses; the pet shop owner will bear the responsibility else the owner will bear..... How arr...

Regards,
Ken

coffee

Dec 22, 2005, 12:28 AM

Post #43 of 43 (6418 views)
Shortcut

Negotiate with the owner. It is ridiculous to give 2 hours warranty. Even your vet will not vaccinate your puppy, may be one week after you keep the puppy.

If you put your puppy next to a disease dog (Parvo or Distemper), your puppy is not going to be sick immediately. The first sign of sickness is going to be 5-7 days after that. Normally petshop will give you around 3 days, which is already not enough, whats more 2 hours. If your dog came down with Parvo or Distemper, 100% sure it is not your fault.

You don't have to ignore the previous vaccination, just follow up with 2 vaccination of 10-in-1. Will cost you quite a bit as compare to core vaccine (might be double).

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my