Price for Vaccination

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

BLovers
Novice

Nov 13, 2004, 5:53 AM

Post #1 of 43 (21744 views)
Shortcut
Price for Vaccination Can't Post

Hi there, I am kinda new in this forum and puppy care! I have just taken my pup, Doorman, a 13-week Dobe for 2nd vaccination at a pet shop where I bought him. Since I wasn't sure if he has already had deworm or not, I decided to take both 6-in-1 2nd jab and deworm and also... injecting the microchip into his body all at the same time... I know... "kesiannya"... and I paid RM 80 to the vet... is that reasonable? This is done in a petshop in SS 2, PJ. I had no choice but to bring Doorman to the petshop because I am not aware of any vet in the area. Can somebody consult me? Thanks

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 13, 2004, 6:31 AM

Post #2 of 43 (21735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BLovers] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Wah!!! How come at 13 week only insert the microchip? Something is not right.

Microchip will be inserted to the puppies by vet at around 6-8week. Vet need to sign the form to verify the puppies is inserted the microchip and then the breeder will submit to MKA to process the Cert.

I think you better check with the.

Hope this help.

For the Vacination I personally will recommend you to go to a Vet clinic. It is not advisable that you bring your pup to the pet shop vet lor. Cause you don't know wherether this vet is reliable or not. What if something happen to your pup how are you going to find him right?

BLovers
Novice

Nov 13, 2004, 7:12 AM

Post #3 of 43 (21730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chris,

Look at the silky terriers you have there... are they of champion breed? Anyway, thanks for the information. Yeah, the pet shop people forgot to inject the chip and then now Doorman has to suffer... he was bleeding when the huge needle was injected into his body... so "sum tong"... Ok, but how do I check with the? Do you have the contact number, by any chance?

Anyway, I will bring him to a vet clinic for his last jab... any good recommendation in SS2 or close by areas?

Thanks much!

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 13, 2004, 1:41 PM

Post #4 of 43 (21725 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BLovers] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

E-mail Me chrisoys@yahoo.com.

tracky
Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2004, 10:12 PM

Post #5 of 43 (21697 views)
Shortcut

the seller did the 1st injection is 9in1 (which the vet said,i cant read the sticker)

the vet said.. if i inject for 9in1 then i cant go for 6in1

if i injected 10 in 1 then i cant go for 6in1...

means u can only upgrade but cannot down grade

is it true?

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 17, 2004, 10:37 PM

Post #6 of 43 (21695 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

WAH !!! This is first time I heard there is 9in1 / 10in1 Vaccine. Who is this vet? What is the 9 or 10 virus he is injecting into your dog?

tracky
Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2004, 6:14 AM

Post #7 of 43 (21681 views)
Shortcut

dude,

i oso dono wat the hell is tat...

10-in-1 cost me RM80.00

tat means standard 1 is 6-in-1? cost RM45?

pls advice...

i hope i wont blur-blur in the 3rd injection...

tq

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dun ask me wat is tat i dono all abt tat...

1ml : canie Distemper-Adenovirus type2-Parainfluenza-Parvovirus Vaccine (modified live virus)

1ml : Caine Coronavirus Vaccine (killed virus), Leptospira Bacterin (virus inactivado)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

then in the receipt:

Canine (6 in 1 : VA) 10 in one

Preventatives : Endoparasiticide (P1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

apo ini?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 3, 2004, 2:21 AM

Post #8 of 43 (21629 views)
Shortcut

i tends to change my dog's vet quite frequently coz i'm not too satisfied with them.

the 1st 1..
only charge 5in1 vaccine for RM40... but did ask further question on my dog and didn't do any body check up.

the 2nd 1.
charge me RM88 for 6in1 vaccine... but check the whole body of my dog for more than 1/2 hour. and keep on introduce me to new product and persuading me to buy it.

i think every diff vet have their pro and cons

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 3, 2004, 3:04 AM

Post #9 of 43 (21622 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

tat is ur dog pic?

look so cool...

where is it?

mine oso charge me RM85... where is the clinic u went?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 7, 2004, 9:09 PM

Post #10 of 43 (21602 views)
Shortcut

old klang road , kl.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 7, 2004, 9:28 PM

Post #11 of 43 (21599 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

oic old klang road....

not so familiar there...

by the way.. how old r ur kinki already?

Amanda85
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2004, 8:54 PM

Post #12 of 43 (21585 views)
Shortcut

goin to 2

Pacco de Mongrel

rusty
Novice

Dec 10, 2004, 3:31 AM

Post #13 of 43 (21569 views)
Shortcut

Some of the vets now they have a new chart that they put up in their clinics to explain what are some of the diseases that the dogs get protected against when they are injected with the vaccines. Below is what I understand from the chart (It has a Golden Retriever standing among tall grasses).

7 in 1 : Distemper, Parvovirus, Adenovirus Type 2, Adenovirus Type 1, Parainfluenza, Leptospira canicola and Leptospira Icterohaemorrhagiae.

8 in 1 : Distemper, Parvovirus, Adenovirus Type 2, Adenovirus Type 1, Parainfluenza, Coronavirus, Leptospira canicola and Leptospira Icterohaemorrhagiae.

9 in 1 : Distemper, Parvovirus, Adenovirus Type 2, Adenovirus Type 1, Parainfluenza, Leptospira canicola, Leptospira Icterohaemorrhagiae, Leptospira grippotyphosa, and Leptospira pomona.

10 in 1 : Distemper, Parvovirus, Adenovirus Type 2, Adenovirus Type 1, Parainfluenza, Coronavirus, Leptospira canicola, Leptospira Icterohaemorrhagiae, Leptospira grippotyphosa, and Leptospira pomona.

If your dog has been vaccinated against 10 in 1, I suppose that is the ultimate combination vaccine that has been given. I don't think there is anything higher that this combination vaccine.

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 10, 2004, 4:17 PM

Post #14 of 43 (21560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rusty] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

i had my puppy for 10 in 1 for last vaccination (2nd vac) since he was 2 mths old tat time...

i hav to bring him for the 3rd vaccination soon....if the previous is 10-in-1 then my next vaccination can giv 9-in-1 or less?just 1 2 know...

by the way...

when we hav to start the "Heart-Worm" medication?

rusty
Novice

Dec 14, 2004, 6:10 AM

Post #15 of 43 (21544 views)
Shortcut

I was away where I had no internet connection. Anyway hope that my comments help.

1. Since your first two vaccinations were 10 in 1, your third should preferably the same 10 in 1. The difference between 9 in 1 and 10 in 1 is Coronavirus. The Coronavirus in 10 in 1 is a killed virus and therefore the dog will need at least 2 to 3 vaccinations before antibodies are produced at a protective level. If you choose to "downgrade" to 9 in 1, you will lose out on Coronavirus.

2. In terms of Heartworm prevention, you actually have three choices. Daily, monthly or yearly prevention. Since your down is less than 6 months, the yearly injection is not recommended. Nowadays, daily prevention is no longer popular. Therefore, you have to put your dog on monthly prevention. As far as I know, there are many brands eg. Interceptor, Heartgard plus, Heartz, Heartsaver, Proheart tablets etc. If you drop by at any vet clinic and read the Heartgard plus leaflet, it is recommended that you have to start giving as young as 6 weeks old. After that, you "actually" have to ensure that the dog is heartworm free by doing a test so that you won't waste money by giving prevention to an infected dog. One important point to take note is that the test detects adult worms only ! The period from the time a dog is bitten by an infected mosquito until the worm becomes an adult, it will take a minimum period of 6 months. That is to say, if you send any dog that is less than 6 months old for testing, it will definitely test negative. Therefore, don't test now. In your dog's case, discuss with your vet and I am sure he will recommend that you should start giving the monthly prevention and do the test later. Once your dog reaches 6 months and above, you can opt for the yearly heartworm prevention injection ie. Proheart SR-12. Don't worry about the product recall of Proheart 6 injection in USA as the product in Malaysia is a different product. This product gives you the convenience and peace of mind as compared to other monthly prevention whereby you have to always remember to give. The moral of the story : the longer you delay giving the prevention, the higher chance the dog will come down with Heartworm infection.

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 14, 2004, 4:00 PM

Post #16 of 43 (21536 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rusty] Price for Vaccination [In reply to] Can't Post

dear rusty...

the vet. said hav to do the injection on next month!

from ur info said tat it should start inject on age 6 mths.

my puppy was born on 28/08/04

if on 28/01/05 is consider 5mths or 6mths?

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 14, 2004, 4:42 PM

Post #17 of 43 (21534 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
dear rusty...

the vet. said hav to do the injection on next month!

from ur info said tat it should start inject on age 6 mths.

my puppy was born on 28/08/04

if on 28/01/05 is consider 5mths or 6mths?

Yours Pup is 5 Month old on 28/1/05

You can start the heartworm prevention at 5 month old. No need to test for heartworm cause pup at 5 month old can't get heartworm.

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 14, 2004, 5:11 PM

Post #18 of 43 (21524 views)
Shortcut

ya!

i planned to giv him some tablets 1st...

1 tablets for 1 month rite. 1 box got 6 tablets

can i giv him until 6tablets (6months) then only go fo the heartworm injection?

my friends said the heartworm injection is illeaga... is tat true?

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 14, 2004, 7:05 PM

Post #19 of 43 (21519 views)
Shortcut

Yes. 1 Tablet for 1 month.

For me I prefer the heartworm tablet compare to heartworm injection. Why? Cause so far there is no report on heartworm tablet have problem on our dog. That is why I feel much safer giving to my Silky.

But, It's up to you.

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 14, 2004, 8:19 PM

Post #20 of 43 (21509 views)
Shortcut

i agree wit u man...take tablet feeling better...

can apply some peanut/kaya on the tablets?

if plain tablet they will eat?

so a baby puppy go the 3 vaccination....

then next to do is Heartworm...

after tat wat else hav to do?

how often to "De-Worm"?

rusty
Novice

Dec 15, 2004, 3:59 AM

Post #21 of 43 (21499 views)
Shortcut

Just to clarify things again :

1. Vaccination is an injection given to the dog to protect it from certain viral and bacterial diseases.

2. Heartworm injection or Proheart injection is given to prevent Heartworm infection which is transmitted through mosquito bite.

3. The manufacturer's recommendation is to give Proheart SR-12 injection when the dog is 6 months and above. If given at 5 months, this is considered extra-label usage. The reason of 6 months is because if the injection is given below 6 months, the weight of the dog has not stabilised because it is still growing very rapidly. Even when given at 6 months of age, the repeat injection should be at around 15-16 months of age ie. at the time when the dog need its yearly vaccination booster.

4. The main issue which you have to consider about heartworm prevention is compliance ie. Can you every month without fail remember to give the monthly prevention tablet/chewable ? In 2002, a survey in USA found that on average less than 6 monthly preventatives were given in a year. Furthermore, with an injection, you can be sure that the dog gets its full dose. And sometimes, the dog may vomit out the tablet.

5. A 5 month old puppy can be infected with Heartworm. However, no test can determine that as all test detect adult worms in the heart. Therefore, if you start heartworm prevention at 5 months old, you have to have your dog tested later on. Verify with your vet. Cheerio !

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 16, 2004, 5:44 AM

Post #22 of 43 (21480 views)
Shortcut

No Worry. Your puppy will like the heartworm tablet.

Wait till your puppy is around 5 month old and start giving it on 15th every month.

For the Deworming you can give your puppy 3 month once. E.G. 1st day of every month (January, April, July & October).

Hope this help.

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 16, 2004, 3:56 PM

Post #23 of 43 (21469 views)
Shortcut

oic...means after the first 3 vaccination then we hav to do r:

- giv heartworm prevention tablets every month

- giv de-worm every 3 months

- giv Annual Booster every year

is tat all?

who is "Ding Dong"?

chrisong
Doggyman

Dec 16, 2004, 5:40 PM

Post #24 of 43 (21464 views)
Shortcut

Yes you are Right

Ding Dong is a M.S. that I was going to adopt.

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 21, 2004, 4:16 PM

Post #25 of 43 (21416 views)
Shortcut

the de-worm every 3mths is tablets only?

or injection oso?i think my previous de-worm is inject into mouth 1...

how much for the de-worm?

1. tablets

2. mouth injection

3. annually injection?got tis?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my