Home: Lost & Found: Lost, Missing or Stolen Dogs:
Don't lose hope!

^CYTRQ^
Novice

Feb 20, 2003, 5:31 AM

Post #1 of 6 (3396 views)
Shortcut
Don't lose hope! Can't Post

This is a message i've posted in the Members' Introduction thread, entitled "My Story"

hi there again to everyone on this board. i have fantastic news to share! on saturday the 15th of this month, i was reunited with my Tiny (my pomeranian lost for 2 months)!!!! i was walking jiggles (my 3.5 month old labrador) like i do in the morning and 2 streets away from where i live, Jiggles paused for a moment in front of a house (to check out other dogs i guess). i had a look over my shoulder to see what she was looking at. what i saw was a big brown mixed-breed dog. i didnt think much of it since it was just another doggie to me. so i kept on walking, while Jiggles just stayed where she was. i then heard 2 dogs barking. none of which was Jiggles' bark. but one of them i'd heard many times before. i turned around again, and there was the little brown fluffy dog i had been missing for almost 2 long months! i wasnt so sure it was Tiny, so i knelt down in front of the gate and called his name. surely enough, he stopped barking right away and started wagging his tail and jumping up and down. my heart was pounding, knowing i had found my lost dog. all along i had thought he was stolen, since i never knew how Tiny would have escaped. after talking to the tennant of the house, i brought my little Tiny back home. i guess he never knew how to come home after escaping because he'd only been out a few times.

when i brought Tiny home, i noticed that he kept on making visits to one part of the fence when i walked outside the house. there was a hole in the fence where he'd escaped!! so i filled the gap with a few pots and mesh. all along, i had thought Tiny was stolen. i instantly came to that conclusion because i didnt know how Tiny could have escaped. this lesson has taught me not to jump to conclusions too soon and to never give up hope in finding a lost dog.

Jiggles is ecstatic that she now has a new friend to play with during the day. Tiny on the other hand is still a little apprehensive of Jiggles since she's almost 10 times heavier and a lot bigger than he is. but they're getting along just fine. my cat also is fine. i always thought the cat hated the Tiny, but then when he came home, the cat was trying to protect Tiny from being harrassed by Jiggles. the cat just tried to slap and claw jiggles!! that amazed me! althougg cats rarely show emotion, they really do care for their "other friends".

i hope this little post will show others who've lost their dogs/cats that there is always still hope in finding your beloved pet. don't lose even the slightest glimmer of hope. because, you'll never know.....he/she might be just around the corner. i've been asked "would you still have gotten Jiggles if you found Tiny earlier?" and i replied "I never would have found Tiny if it wasnt for Jiggles.". remember, for all the baddies there are out there, there are always good people who will care for dog's they've found like in Tiny's case. so print fliers, distribute them house to house. stick them up at the 7-11 shops, ATMs, everywhere. don't give up guys. our furry friends never give up on us!

good luck!!

ginl
ALPHA

Feb 20, 2003, 7:51 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3393 views)
Shortcut
Re: [^CYTRQ^] Don't lose hope! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh wow u found your dog! I'm so happy for u, u must be grinning frm ear to ear now...I can imagine how relief and glad u r that u and Tiny hv reunited after 2 mths! Smile One big happy family again! Cool

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2003, 4:45 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3358 views)
Shortcut

Hi. I'm so happy for you and Tiny. SmileSmile

cris
Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2003, 5:38 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3350 views)
Shortcut

I am so happy you found her. Was she glad to see you? Think she must be missing you alot. Better check out your fencing to see if there is any loosing parts for her to sneak out.

khsin
Dog Kichi

Feb 26, 2003, 5:47 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3350 views)
Shortcut

Thanks a lot, CYTRQ.

Its very comforting to hear that there are people who find their dog again after such a period of time. I'm still keeping myself on the lookout now, hopefully to find my dog one day.....

And i'm very happy for you and Tiny!

Thank you!

khsin

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 27, 2003, 2:50 AM

Post #6 of 6 (3337 views)
Shortcut

Hi CYTRQ!

a BIG CONGRATULATION to you !!! I'm so happy to know that you have finally found your dog... :) Well, it's one BIG happy family now ! Smile

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my