IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Agility Training:
Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training

Admin

Sep 2, 2004, 5:55 PM

Post #1 of 24 (20716 views)
Shortcut
Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training Can't Post

We are pleased to take this opportunity to announce that Purina ProPlan and Puppycom has formed a smart partnership to launch Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility Training in Malaysia.

The Agility Training will be implemented in stages and will be offered to Puppycom Members who has gone through some basic dog obedience training and is able to control their dogs on leash and off leash.

The first batch of Obedience Trainee that will be trained from September 12, 2004 will be given a chance to participate in the Agility Training in the near future.

We are glad to have Mr. Tan Pak Song from Singapore who will be here regularly to assist us in the implementation of the Agility Training in Malaysia.

To know more about Agility Training, read here

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Sep 3, 2004, 12:18 AM

Post #2 of 24 (20688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Admin] Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

if we finished the ob class and our doggie is stable for the agility training.. is it include all breed.. can my taro join if he is ok...

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

melanie
Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2004, 12:56 AM

Post #3 of 24 (20680 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Admin] Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Admin,

Is it only for those who join the OB classes can attend? How about those who are interested in joining only the agility?

What is the fees like? and venue?

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Sep 3, 2004, 1:06 AM

Post #4 of 24 (20672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [melanie] Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training [In reply to] Can't Post

halo!! never meet u b4 wor.. the agility training looks fun ya! hope my taro will do well in the ob class then can join lah.

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Admin

Sep 3, 2004, 1:08 AM

Post #5 of 24 (20672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Foo,

Yes, your taro can join it if he is ok...Sly

Thanks.

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Sep 3, 2004, 1:15 AM

Post #6 of 24 (20665 views)
Shortcut

Admin,

r u the one who call me up ah?

hehehe hope taro can do it lah.. must be serious in the ob training lu.. heheh

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

yst323
Old Kaki

Sep 7, 2004, 11:52 PM

Post #7 of 24 (20411 views)
Shortcut

Hi Admin,
I understand that puppy class and obedience training is having the same syllabus, so I pressume my pp doesn't need to attend the basic obedience training after the puppy class, am I right?

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos
(latest upload: 3 Feb 2006)

Khoobg
Webmaster

Oct 29, 2004, 7:18 PM

Post #8 of 24 (19623 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yst323] Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training [In reply to] Can't Post

ST,

Missed this one. Yes, for puppy that has completed the puppy class and wish to advance to the next level can go directly to the pre novice competition class.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

yst323
Old Kaki

Nov 1, 2004, 9:39 PM

Post #9 of 24 (19578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr Khoo,

The competition class is not like open to everyone, isn't it? Do we need to pass thru any test before entity to enrol?

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos

Khoobg
Webmaster

Nov 5, 2004, 3:18 AM

Post #10 of 24 (19557 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yst323] Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Most trainee that do well in Basic or Puppy Class can progress to Pre Novice Class.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2004, 3:25 AM

Post #11 of 24 (19554 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training [In reply to] Can't Post

mr.khoo

for the ob test on 28th of november, what happen if certain part of the training, the dog is not able to perform certain commands. will the dog and owner still be issue certificate and be allowed to proceed to next level of training?

Khoobg
Webmaster

Nov 5, 2004, 3:40 AM

Post #12 of 24 (19551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training [In reply to] Can't Post

If you dog is able to do most of the exercise except one or may be two, you may still be able to pass the test. As long as your dog is responding well to training, you will be allowed to proceed to the Pre Novice Class.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2004, 3:46 AM

Post #13 of 24 (19547 views)
Shortcut

oh i see. ok thanks. SmileSmileSmile

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2004, 6:33 AM

Post #14 of 24 (19540 views)
Shortcut

how about agility training ah? what we need to fulfil?

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Khoobg
Webmaster

Nov 5, 2004, 6:46 AM

Post #15 of 24 (19533 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Agility is something that is very interesting we are looking forward to in the very near future. It is really going to be a very funs activities for participants and spectators alike .

In the end of the day, all agility exercies has to be done off leash and hence substantial control on your dog is required. Many part of the training can be done on leash though. The Training Instructors will be able to evaluate your dog performance to see if your dog is ready for agility. We will be introducing the agility training to the students of pre novice class and may be basic classes in stages. Announcement will be made soon .

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2004, 7:38 AM

Post #16 of 24 (19527 views)
Shortcut

so while waiting for the agility, its better for us to join the pre-novice class 1st loh..

yes the agility must be VERY FUN!!! . but not sure can bulldog do it? haha u know lah.. have to jump and climb high high.. kekeke..... ok i will work hard for that.. hope can join lah.. i am very interested in that lah...

if realy canot join.. go and see also good lah. canot wait..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

yst323
Old Kaki

Nov 5, 2004, 10:50 PM

Post #17 of 24 (19519 views)
Shortcut

I can't wait to see how the agility class being conducted...not sure whether my lil pp can do it or not...he is scared of height one ever since he felt down from bed previously....

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2004, 11:00 PM

Post #18 of 24 (19518 views)
Shortcut

i also thought to send henry for agility because henry like to run, but not sure will he jump over the obstacles or not. Hope henry is allowed to join the agility. SmileSmileSmile

yst323
Old Kaki

Nov 8, 2004, 6:29 AM

Post #19 of 24 (19481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Stanley,

Did u intend to enrol Henry into the pre notive class or not?? Or you want to send hime directly to agility class?

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2004, 4:53 PM

Post #20 of 24 (19478 views)
Shortcut

hi there

good morning

from what i heard, the pre-novice class is much stricter towards dogs. i also not sure lar.. but i want to enrol in agility ekekeke since henry loves to run. we cannot enrol for both pre-novice and agility at a time right???

yst323
Old Kaki

Nov 8, 2004, 9:34 PM

Post #21 of 24 (19468 views)
Shortcut

halo,
ya loh...much more stricter than in puppy class loh... my pp will not listen to me when I let go the leash lah...he will run fast fast to escape from me....Frown Most likely will not enrol him for this coming session cause thought of giving both of us sometimes to practise and furthermore there is few festive season around the corner...a bit difficult loh

I have problem in stopping pp from moving towards dogs and human. He just want to go forward loh...when i ask him to down and stay...I have to use either food or toy to induce him but he can't stay long loh...

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2004, 10:51 PM

Post #22 of 24 (19459 views)
Shortcut

hello

i will see how lar, but most probably i will not join the pre-novice, as i might be busy and have not much time to train henry wor since the training will be harder, and you know lar, henry very 'pat' and always go crazy when see other dogs lar...

well, i think henry would not run away lar , if offleash, when i am holding the ball ekekeke. thanks to the LAW that taught me how to play with henry ekekeke.

'stand' command you mean ar? i also don't know how to stop henry lah. everytime when the trainer give command, sometimes cannot stop in time wan leh. 'down' & 'stay', henry also cannot do for long, and gotta use treats to make him do it, but i not sure can he sit stay down stay for 30 seconds/1 min or not. head ache headache.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 30, 2004, 9:43 AM

Post #23 of 24 (18589 views)
Shortcut

stanley~

u still attending training classes? ur new shih tzu will attend?

Regards,

Yang

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 30, 2004, 4:54 PM

Post #24 of 24 (18583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Purina ProPlan Puppycom Agility & Obedience Training [In reply to] Can't Post

hello

yes, still attending training class.. higher level some more.... really headache now... UnsureUnsureUnsureUnsure

shih tzu will not be attending the class... i can train myself mah ekekeke....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my