Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Hernia???

dahlia281
New User

Feb 12, 2003, 8:17 PM

Post #1 of 3 (955 views)
Shortcut
Hernia??? Can't Post

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their puppies.

We have a 2 3/4 month old, female, Border Collie X Collie named Xena. We noticed shortly after we got her that she had this bump type thing near her privates, on the right. It was hard, but it didn't seem to bother her at all when my husband or I pushed (lightly) on it.

It went away after a few days, but.....

Yesterday, it was back, but on her left. My husband and I kinda laughed and said it was because of the food going through her (Long story....she won't touch the puppy formula, only likes the "big dog" formula we feed to her big bro.(Bc X Blk.Lab), LOL)

Today it's on both sides.

It (they) still don't bother her at all, and she's eating, drinking, doing her business outside, running and playing and growing every day.

Does anyone have any idea as to what this could be?

Dar
Dog Kichi

Feb 16, 2003, 9:32 PM

Post #2 of 3 (932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dahlia281] Hernia??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you seen a Vet? I think you should these bumps can be removed if need be. I mongrel from our farm had this too at 8 months and we removed it. (RM70 –90) till now “he” is find.(3yr old) Some say you can forget it but we didn’t but mind you the pain for you and the dog starts after the removing. Talk to your vet , work out what it is then make the you move. Bye and good luck

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 17, 2003, 2:55 AM

Post #3 of 3 (928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dahlia281] Hernia??? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think the best person for you to see would be the vet. It could turn out to be a some growth... better to remove it since she is still young...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my