Which?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Sydney
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2004, 3:27 AM

Post #1 of 43 (21145 views)
Shortcut
Which? Can't Post

Which is the hunting dogs? Hopefully i want 2 find out...

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2004, 7:22 AM

Post #2 of 43 (21129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Which? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hunting dogs...... normally hounds and gundogs..... but people like to use pitbulls to hunt wild boars.......

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

joanch
Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2004, 11:09 AM

Post #3 of 43 (21123 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Which? [In reply to] Can't Post

hmm do they get hurt during the hunting??
I have a Papillon and an Australian Silky Terrier. One sheds and the other one needs grooming quite a lot

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2004, 5:00 PM

Post #4 of 43 (21117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joanch] Which? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, they will get hurt, I saw a programme I think on animal planet and saw pitbulls hunting the wild pigs... so cham coz the dogs also get hurt and bleed...... but the worst is the pig lah.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

Sydney
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2004, 7:22 PM

Post #5 of 43 (21111 views)
Shortcut

Why they use the scent hounds oso? But which 1 is the suitable 1?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

joanch
Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2004, 11:33 PM

Post #6 of 43 (21102 views)
Shortcut

poor those doggies...:-(
my dad has a durian farm and he has 4 doggies, 3 at each corner. they are used to scare away the monkeys, sometimes when they are released, they run into the deep jungle. i remember one time, they barked soo fiercely like never before, so we went in to check and there, they hunted down a monkey(who dropped on the ground):-Dthey were not injured but poor the lil monkey...
i notice that those dogs are mongrels and their skin and hair is so beautiful and no ticks are found on their body! my mom said they dont need to bath because when they walk in the woods, the wet plants will 'wash' their body:-D
I have a Papillon and an Australian Silky Terrier. One sheds and the other one needs grooming quite a lot

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 2, 2004, 12:28 AM

Post #7 of 43 (21100 views)
Shortcut

Wow.... your dad has a durian farm? So got durians to eat alh? Hahahaha...

My, those mongrels just attacked the monkey like that? In the end, did the monkey die?

Oh, you can now see the pups pics hehheeh.... photos.yahoo.com/yuinhun_yyh photos.yahoo.com/yuinhun_yyh

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 2, 2004, 12:37 AM

Post #8 of 43 (21099 views)
Shortcut

Scent hounds track game through thick bushes and undergrowth by smelling the animal out...... beagles are used to do this..... gundogs are different, they are more of sight hounds, means they find animals by seeing them, not smell......

joanch
Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2004, 12:59 AM

Post #9 of 43 (21094 views)
Shortcut

oh yeah, many durians:-)
come and visit it if you want, its just 30 minutes drive from KL! And stay in my house is not a problem, we have a guestroom!:-D
durians from Bentong is kinda famous!;-)
you're always welcomed:-)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 2, 2004, 1:05 AM

Post #10 of 43 (21092 views)
Shortcut

Wah.... really? Like that then I have to tell my dad hahaha... we all love durians....... then can bring dog along ah?

joanch
Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2004, 1:09 AM

Post #11 of 43 (21090 views)
Shortcut

sure can bring your dog along:-D
they gotta have some exercise running up and down the hill:-D quite steep like 45-60 degrees!
next durian season will be around CNY, according to my dad.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 2, 2004, 1:15 AM

Post #12 of 43 (21089 views)
Shortcut

Wowowowowowow..... then I can't wait.... hope I'll be free then... can go and eat durian hahahah... I've not tasted durian for the whole year liow coz whenever my dad buys durian, I fall sick and can't eat it.....

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 2, 2004, 1:22 AM

Post #13 of 43 (21086 views)
Shortcut

i also want i also want TongueTongueTongueTongue

me and henry is prepared for the running up and down the hill. every evening from monday to friday, we would go for a walk in the neighbourhood, and every saturday, we would got for jungle trekking.

joanch
Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2004, 1:27 AM

Post #14 of 43 (21085 views)
Shortcut

hahaha poor you... this time must PREPARE:-)
other than durian, got rambutans and jackfruit too. ok just get ready and come with an empty stomach ok!

joanch
Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2004, 1:34 AM

Post #15 of 43 (21081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Which? [In reply to] Can't Post

eh? back from PD already?
how was it? can henry swim??
sure you can come too, then got somebody accompany my bonnie!:-D

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 2, 2004, 3:07 AM

Post #16 of 43 (21080 views)
Shortcut

hi there

yes back from pd oledi

henry can swim, but still a bit afraid to swim, as it is his first time, and he is scared of the waves ekekeke. LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

joanch
Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2004, 3:16 AM

Post #17 of 43 (21077 views)
Shortcut

hahaa give him some time la....
you also cannot swim what:-D
hehehhe

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 2, 2004, 4:09 AM

Post #18 of 43 (21072 views)
Shortcut

yeah, i sure give henry some time to get used to it. the problem is that henry don't dare to go into water because he is scared of waves. i tried to help him, but he run away ekekeke. TongueTongueTongueTongue

joanch
Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2004, 4:31 AM

Post #19 of 43 (21069 views)
Shortcut

hahaha very cute is it:-D
when will you bring him to the water again huh?:-)
i have a suggestion, try to let him watch Baywatch la...LOL

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 2, 2004, 5:07 AM

Post #20 of 43 (21063 views)
Shortcut

hey, i shall continue our conversation in Members Introduction: Joanch

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 3, 2004, 4:48 AM

Post #21 of 43 (21048 views)
Shortcut

Ok lah... but I have to see if my dad is up for it first..... oh, got good news for you, 3 ouooies might have found suitable homes.... now waiting for these interested people to come and view them.....

Sydney
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2004, 1:59 AM

Post #22 of 43 (21029 views)
Shortcut

But if they see then how do they know that the prey is over there? Dogs sure have some scent about the other animals which is over there rite? If the dogs know then they must be a master at sniffing things

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2004, 6:21 AM

Post #23 of 43 (21025 views)
Shortcut

See ah.... my boxers are sight hunting dogs, they hunt by looking... they will chase cats that are not even seen by me, just imagine.... Labs retrieve, never chase..... bllod hounds and bassets sniff to find the animal.... pointers look for both smell and sight......

Sydney
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2004, 6:59 AM

Post #24 of 43 (21023 views)
Shortcut

So which is the best dog to use to go out hunting? How about whippets? I thought they are good at finding things

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 7, 2004, 1:43 AM

Post #25 of 43 (20985 views)
Shortcut

Whippets are also sight hounds..... they are runners like greyhounds.... if you look or watch how greyhound races are conducted then you will know how they hunt.... They follow the sight of it, not smell....

All dogs hunt lah, just the matter of how you want to hunt... whether bird, mammal or something else....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my