Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

aleune
Novice

May 13, 2004, 1:31 AM

Post #1 of 33 (14658 views)
Shortcut
Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? Can't Post

Is Malaseb shapoo a good product to cure mange and malassezia? My vet recommended it.

Please share your experience. Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

May 13, 2004, 6:54 PM

Post #2 of 33 (14652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aleune] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Overall ... Malaseb is a good shampoo ... and reasonably effective ...

(a) Always follow the instructions. With Malaseb, the soaking is important for effective use.

(b) Do be careful when using - its a strong shampoo ... if it gets into your doggies' eyes, wash it out properly.

(c) As far as I know ... Malaseb is primarily an antibacterial and antifungal shampoo ... Malaseb DOES NOT help control/remove mange ...

" ... Malaseb Shampoo is a synergistic formulation for removing scales, degreasing the skin and killing cutaneous microorganisms, which primarily or secondarily cause dermatitis. In combination with systemic therapy, Malaseb was shown to accelerate the resolution of Microsporum Canis (ringworm), reducing the risk of transmission of the disease to other animals and to humans in contact with them. Removes damaged lipid without stripping the coat. Free from dyes and perfumes to reduce possible exacerbation of skin problems and cause skin reactions or irritations ..."

The treatment for mange is quite different.

Cheers Smile

kitconnie78
ALPHA

May 14, 2004, 4:19 PM

Post #3 of 33 (14644 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

My dog actually have some skin problem. I am not sure how to call it but it seems the effected area of the skin is dry and lost hairs. Is not really serious but will like to know if this Malaseb can help.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

May 14, 2004, 6:59 PM

Post #4 of 33 (14641 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Dry, tender skin with hair loss can be caused by many issues or combination of issues ... And the cause must first be determined, before correct treatment can be applied ...

If the symtoms are caused by bacterial or fungal infection then Malaseb may help ... if caused by other reasons, Malaseb may not help ...

All forms of hair loss is (in my view, reason to start taking caution) ... coat & skin problems in dogs are often early warning signals that something is not correct ... and I will suggest that you seek early advice and treatment ...

Take your dog to a vet.

Cheers Smile

leelaikuan84
Dog Kichi

Oct 27, 2004, 5:29 AM

Post #5 of 33 (14418 views)
Shortcut
Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

malaseb is good for skin problem pet but it will make the skin dry...so while using this shampoo pls let ur pet eat some skin coat vitamin.. i know a good vet who has a good skin coat vitamin...if u are interested, do let me know.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Oct 28, 2004, 1:46 AM

Post #6 of 33 (14411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leelaikuan84] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Smile

Does the Vitamins have a brand name or issit the vet's secret formula?... thanks for sharing... R u based in KL/PJ area?...

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

leelaikuan84
Dog Kichi

Oct 28, 2004, 6:06 AM

Post #7 of 33 (14410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

not the vet secret formula..i only can buy it from her clinic.. the name of the skin coat vitamin is EVERYONE..the colour of the bottle is light green..im staying at ipoh. the skin coat oil really very good(i see my dog skin and coat improve a lot). if u wan more information about it, do let me know.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Oct 29, 2004, 5:12 AM

Post #8 of 33 (14402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leelaikuan84] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Smile

Ipoh... I am in PJ... I'll try to look for the vitamins here... where is the pruduct made?... thanks for the info... Wink

leelaikuan84
Dog Kichi

Oct 30, 2004, 3:47 AM

Post #9 of 33 (14383 views)
Shortcut

the name is

Everyone's Skin & Coat Supplement.

Made in USA

www.naturapet.com

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Oct 30, 2004, 5:57 AM)

ladee_m
Doggyman

Oct 30, 2004, 5:37 AM

Post #10 of 33 (14379 views)
Shortcut

Smile HI

Thanks for the detailed info... really appriciate it... Wink from the list, there are 2 shops near where I live... shud not be a problem to locate the vitamion then... Smile

(This post was edited by ladee_m on Oct 30, 2004, 5:39 AM)

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 17, 2005, 12:50 AM

Post #11 of 33 (14081 views)
Shortcut

Smile Hello ladee_m

I read your forum on the skin & coat supplement between you and leelaikuan84 quite sometime ago and I would appreciate if you could let me know where to get this :-

"Everyone's Skin & Coat Supplement"

and how much is it?

Thank you for your information and helpfulness.

Rgds/Sheila

NB: Can you please let me have the pet shop's name, etc.? Once again thank you.

ladee_m
Doggyman

May 17, 2005, 2:22 AM

Post #12 of 33 (14077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheilakhiew] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ello

I din find the supplement in the end... ever since changing food, my furkids are doing better and dun have anymore skin problems... I give brewest yeast supplement instead which is supposed to help condition the skin...

So sorry cannot help.

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 17, 2005, 6:45 PM

Post #13 of 33 (14070 views)
Shortcut

hello.

Anyway thank you for your reply.

If you dun mind, what food did u change to and where do I find the yeast supplement (how much to feed, etc) cos i'm not sure .

Sorry to have to trouble u again.

TQ/Rgds

Sheila

Smile

chrisong
Doggyman

May 17, 2005, 9:03 PM

Post #14 of 33 (14069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheilakhiew] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

If your dog don't have any skin problem or healthy don't give him any supplement. Find a good quality dog kibble for your dog and your dog will do very well with it.Wink

ladee_m
Doggyman

May 18, 2005, 1:00 AM

Post #15 of 33 (14056 views)
Shortcut

Ello Smile

My doggies are on Blackwood Lamb... got from taman megah petshop... the wan opposite the ming tien restaurant... so far I have been on several holistic food and they are okay... it was my poodle who had problems last time... i finally realize that she was allergic to chicken based food... so she only takes lamb now which is also known to be good for helping skin problems...

U can get the brewest yeast in most big petshops... the big wan in taman megah do sell... i hope u know where it is... Wink

Happy can be of help... anytime Wink

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 18, 2005, 6:41 PM

Post #16 of 33 (14033 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile 1st of all I would like to congratulate u (proud owner) and Joyjoy of her newborn puppies

My Tammy (ecs) has demodex (as confirm by the vet) so that why I feel sad FrownUnsure for her and I dun wanna her to suffer lah UnsureFrown. I think already 2 mth and with the medication and bathe, still no result lah.

By the way & if u dun mind me asking are u selling anyone of the lovely? If possible I would like to have a look at the cuties (when they are bigger abit) cos i am a dog lovers and i love them v. much cos also when i see or touch them i'm lost in their world lah. Sly

Anyway, thank you.

Rgds

SHEILA

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 18, 2005, 6:56 PM

Post #17 of 33 (14030 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aleune] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

for skin disease like mange, it is much easier & effective to bring ur dog for a jab at vet, it is not expensive too. malaseb is a strong medical shampoo, so it is advicable to use it as last option.

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 18, 2005, 6:57 PM

Post #18 of 33 (14030 views)
Shortcut

Hello ladee_m

Thank you for your reply.

If the pet shop name "The Pet Family"?

Thank you.

Rgd

SHEILA

chrisong
Doggyman

May 18, 2005, 10:26 PM

Post #19 of 33 (14027 views)
Shortcut

You can try give this vet a call at 03-22723553. Ask for Dr. prem, Dr. Kwek or Dr.lim. You can say Chris with the Silky recommended you wan!!!Laugh
For ur info I am selling my Silky pups.Frown

ladee_m
Doggyman

May 18, 2005, 11:20 PM

Post #20 of 33 (14023 views)
Shortcut

Ello

U got it..

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 19, 2005, 8:33 PM

Post #21 of 33 (14004 views)
Shortcut

SmileThanks alot for your help.

How nice, but if u do not mind how much are u selling cos I might have a friend who is interested in silky.

Rgds/Sheila

sheilakhiew
Dog Kichi

May 19, 2005, 8:37 PM

Post #22 of 33 (14002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello

Thanks for your help.

There are some many nice, cutie, helpful and loving people in this one big family and you're one of them.

Rgd/Sheila

christina260
New User

May 22, 2006, 5:22 PM

Post #23 of 33 (13577 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, I am new to the fourm and I have a question about Malaseb. My 10 week old chocolate lab has ring worm. I read on the 1800-PetMeds website that this shampoo will get rid of this fungus. Have any of you used this shampoo for ring worm? If so what kind of results did you get?

ppdcdm

May 23, 2006, 2:02 AM

Post #24 of 33 (13567 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
For ur info I am selling my Silky pups.

Postings regarding selling of pups are not allowed in this forum. Do u get the admin's permission? Why do you breed & sell the puppies? Breeding is very dangerous, you are putting your dog at risk! Do u breed to improve the breed or to sell it for profit? Don't tell me this is for adoption again!

Don't get angry wo, this is wat u normally will do when u encounter such posting. ENJOY & CHEERS!

Oh ya, BTW, now i understand y u ask others not to ask for breeders contact here, better call MKA, cause IRRESPONSIBLE will look up for them. It is true la wat u said. Tongue

(This post was edited by ppdcdm on May 23, 2006, 2:05 AM)

chrisong
Doggyman

May 23, 2006, 5:41 AM

Post #25 of 33 (13561 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ppdcdm] Malaseb medicated shampoo - is it good? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
For ur info I am selling my Silky pups.

Postings regarding selling of pups are not allowed in this forum. Do u get the admin's permission? Why do you breed & sell the puppies? Breeding is very dangerous, you are putting your dog at risk! Do u breed to improve the breed or to sell it for profit? Don't tell me this is for adoption again!

Don't get angry wo, this is wat u normally will do when u encounter such posting. ENJOY & CHEERS!

Oh ya, BTW, now i understand y u ask others not to ask for breeders contact here, better call MKA, cause IRRESPONSIBLE will look up for them. It is true la wat u said. Tongue

Just to entertain you this post. Since you asking me nicely & I am not so small heart.

I did not post anything about my Silky puppies for sales or I do not reply to him/her reply regarding his/her interest about my puppies. For your info, out of the 5 puppies, I kept 2 (that is Jewel & JoJo). If you want to know is that true you are welcome to call up the vet I posted the tel to check with them all my Silkies record are with them. Breeding is risky, but I am well prepare and have done all the necessary thing before breeding her. If I breed them for profit do you think I will still keeping 2 puppies with me untill now.

End of discussion with you.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my