First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

elizatye
K9 Senior

Feb 13, 2003, 7:05 PM

Post #26 of 42 (3103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hcyeap] Diet of MS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, HCYeap,

Thanks. I know what to do already next time I bring Yippi to the beach.

You will bring pepperboy to the training class in Japanese Garden too, great. I am sure you know that both of our trainers are own Schnauzers too, both of them own more than 1 MS. So you can exchange experience with them. And yippi shouldn't be lonely with a new friend in the same breed. Previuosly Yippi is the only Schnauzer in the class... Hope to see you and pepperboy soon.

Smile Eliza

ginl
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2003, 1:53 AM

Post #27 of 42 (3096 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] Diet of MS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Eliza,

Last Sunday Shan told me his MS, Amber just passed away due to uterus infection....he is very heartbroken and i felt so bad for him when he told us...she was only 7 years old...very obedient too coz he brought her for training before Frown

hcyeap

Feb 14, 2003, 3:18 AM

Post #28 of 42 (3093 views)
Shortcut

Hi Eliza,

when Pepperboy was only 7 weeks old. I was told that Eagle Pack was the best for him and that I should slowly change his diet from Ekanuba Small Breed to it. It did not agree with him so how and I almost lost him. He kept on throwing up and was so weak that he couldn't even stand up. After frantically seeking opinions from almost every vet in Pg, I finally tried SD as which seem to work.

Later on, I was told that SD was corn-based and was not as good, hence I switched him to one tablespoon of SD ( paste type ) and three tablespoon of Ekanuba. I had no further problems after that until my last recent post which Arthur gave some very good advises.

Pepperboy was a very dark Salt and Pepper dog and lately, he has become very light in colour and the only reason for it is definately what Arthur wrote about Ekanuba. I'll be switching him to Lamb and Rice for the next three months and then later to First Choice for a start.

Thought that I can share this with you.

elizatye
K9 Senior

Feb 14, 2003, 7:12 PM

Post #29 of 42 (3086 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Diet of MS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Gina,

Really sad to heard about this news. I knew that Shan got 2 MS right, one bigger size than Yippi and one smaller size than Yippi. Is Amber smaller size one??? I saw her in the training class before CNY leh.. Amber is very cute, obedient and always looking for food … I can imagine how sad and heartbroken of Shan and his family ...

Smile Eliza

elizatye
K9 Senior

Feb 14, 2003, 7:14 PM

Post #30 of 42 (3085 views)
Shortcut

Hi, HCYeap,

Yippi had tried a few brands of dog food before and SD is the one he likes most. I never heard about First Choice before, may be later I will give Yippi a try. But dunno whether it can be get in Penang or not.

Smile Eliza

hcyeap

Feb 14, 2003, 7:23 PM

Post #31 of 42 (3083 views)
Shortcut

Ha Ha Ha...and I was about to ask you whether you can get those stuff in Pg. What about vitamins, are you giving anything to Yippi... I am also afraid of not finding the right brands for Pepperboy in Pg. I couldn't find vitamin C, only B Complex and E. Wow, this guys are really out there it get us... as parents. I don't even take any of those stuff.

Oh well, in the worst case scenerio, I can always look for it in KL and bring it home since I visit Pg every alternate weekends. Should you require anything from here, please let me know.

Does Yippi have a red beard too? Pepperboy's beard is really become bad and I really need to get him on the vitamin quick...

hcyeap

Feb 14, 2003, 7:37 PM

Post #32 of 42 (3081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Diet of MS [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Arthur,

sorry to bother you again...

I wasn't able to locate the particular brands of food and vitamins in Penang. Could you share with me the location of the shops you pick up your supply from in PJ or KL. According to his mummy, Pepperboy is really lightening up in fur colour and the body area which he occasionally like to chew on is getting to be red as well. I often check out those spots to look for sores or ticks, but there is no sign...may just be an itch or a bad habit.So, I am definately taking off Eukanuba ASAP and getting him on the vitamins as well.

The other thing is his fur. He is does not have a thick hair coat than many of them which I have seen in the pics. Is it because of his age, his genes or something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

elizatye
K9 Senior

Feb 14, 2003, 7:59 PM

Post #33 of 42 (3077 views)
Shortcut

Hi, HCYeap,

I give Yippi the IN brand supplements for coat and skin that Arthur mentioned bf, and the biscuit to reduce the odor and bad smell of our fur kids mouth and poos. I had give him a type of plant oil that recommend by the pet shop, a supplement for coat too, but I can’t remember the brand already, will let you know next week. But I didn’t give him Vitamin C.

Red beard, yes, yippi have a bit. But before that, I thought that it is normal for all the schnauzer to have this colour in his/her beard Frown. Is Vitamin C really help, then I will try to get it for Yippi.

Anyway, thanks. If I really require anything in KL, I will call you for SOS ...

Smile Eliza

arthur
ALPHA

Feb 15, 2003, 4:42 PM

Post #34 of 42 (3064 views)
Shortcut

Hi HCYeap!

Sorry for the delay in replying. Mucho workload and all..Unsure

I buy the First Choice from a pet shop in SS2, PJ ( Petshop). It's located at the same row with all the goldsmith shops. As for Mrs.Chui (friendly lady, shop owner) If you have problems getting it, let me know. I can grab a bag and meet up wz you later before yr next trip back to PEN.

Another brand which I heard is good is California Natural. The Lamb and Rice version has a very short ingredient list..which translate into fewer preservatives. I may try this out later.

Licking of paws can be either a sign of irritation due to foreign bodies like ticks, thorns etc..OR it could be a sign of boredom as well. To break a bad habit, I have been advised to soak the paws or other areas with a diluted solution of white vinegar and water. The vinegar would definitly discourage further licking with a side benefit of whitening action as well. Have not tried this yet so I cannot vouch for it...yet.

As for fur and coat colour, its mainly genetics. Diet of course can help but it mainly predetermined. I find the IN supplement does help to promote hair growth to a certain extent.

Generally if Pepperboy is on a diet that keeps him active, eats normally, has clear eyes, shinny coat, firm stools..that's the diet that works for him. Not necessarily any specific brand.

Rdgs Arthur

hcyeap

Feb 15, 2003, 5:55 PM

Post #35 of 42 (3062 views)
Shortcut

Dear Arthur,

thanks for your advise and your kind offer. SS2 is close to where I am currently residing and I should have no problems picking it up.

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I am only worried about the availability of his daily consumption in Penang but now with a better variety, I am confident that my problems can be solved.

Would very much like to meet up with you someday and thank you personally for your great advise and possibly chat about other hobbies as well ( IT and Camera etc etc ) Incidentally, I have noticed that Pepperboy is bored and harpering on the idea of getting him a GF soon. Notice a couple of Advert in the Star today for MS pups. May check out this leads after office hours today.

HC Yeap (012-4781318)

Riccaval
ALPHA

Apr 10, 2003, 11:36 PM

Post #36 of 42 (3030 views)
Shortcut

Arthur, I noticed you feed "IN" supplements to your kids, may I have your comments on it? are they any good? do you see any difference to your kids?

How much do they cost? do you consider it reasonable? and finally, would you recommend it?Wink
Thks in advance.

#A dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongueWink-author unknown

arthur
ALPHA

Apr 11, 2003, 6:40 AM

Post #37 of 42 (3024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Diet of MS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Derrick,

I have been feeding them IN for about a year now. One thing I noticed is that their coats do appear healthy and shinny. There was a period when I stopped for a while and almost immediately, their coats became noticeably dullUnsure... Resuming the supplements restored back the shineSmile!

Another plus point is that it does help to promote hair growth and I have seen it actually cover bare spots.

Having said all that, I would recommend it if nothing else but to have good coats and skin. It does not come cheap either. Since we have multi-dog household, it's cheaper to buy in bulk. In this case, the biggest container (6.75 lbs) cost about RM200-RM240 (depends on what promotion is going on). In general, the formula is 1 nugget per 5lbs weight. I give them 2 nuggets with each meal, total 4 nuggest a day per dog, x3 doggies = 12 nuggets a day. The 3 kg container last me about 3.5 mths.

The smallest unit (1.5 lbs) cost RM70. For my 3 furkids, this last about slightly more than a month.

Hope this helps. Rdgs Arthur

kanch

Apr 11, 2003, 7:25 AM

Post #38 of 42 (3022 views)
Shortcut

hey arthur,

just wanted to let u know that ss2 summer pets is having a promo for the IN product the 1.5lbs one is only 42 or 45 bucks. erm n a friend told me that they cost 40 in the pudu pet shop.....thats quite cheap almost half the price.

regards,
kanch

arthur
ALPHA

Apr 11, 2003, 7:32 AM

Post #39 of 42 (3021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kanch] Diet of MS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kanch,

Thks for this great tip! Will check it out soon. Have to make sure the expiry date is still valid though Tongue! Hey Derrick..you reading thisSmile? Great way to try it out.

Rdgs Arthur

Riccaval
ALPHA

Apr 11, 2003, 7:41 PM

Post #40 of 42 (3015 views)
Shortcut

Thanks Arthur and Kanch for the infor. Might just try itLaugh

kanch

Apr 12, 2003, 7:53 PM

Post #41 of 42 (3005 views)
Shortcut

hey arthur n derrick,

not to worry the in product in ss2 will expire in 2004 but when i went there last week i saw only a few left......another alternative would be the shop in pudu..heard that all their products are very cheap the in product there is 40 bucks for the small one. i think the big one would be more value for money...anyways anyone one of you feedin your pooches with cod liver oil??

regards,
kanch

edser

Apr 14, 2003, 9:16 AM

Post #42 of 42 (2994 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kanch] Diet of MS [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi kanch,

we have also bought one from them but it expired in Jun 2003 or maybe there could be a mistake..Guess we are just purely blind and in a hurry but unlike we areCrazy

Smile
Serina
owns Enzo, then Zeno, now Zoe'n.....later Nezo,Ozne, Noze, Zone, Ezno, Onze, Zeon etc. anymore?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my