Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Poll:
How do you provide oral care to your furkids ?

Poll: How do you provide oral care to your furkids ?
Feeding them Oral Care Kibbles
Brush their teeth regularly
Let them chew bones such as Chicken Neck & others
Others
K9 Oral care is never in my mind !
View Results (218 votes)

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jul 3, 2003, 11:44 PM

Post #1 of 24 (51951 views)
Shortcut
How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? Can't Post

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jul 4, 2003, 12:36 AM

Post #2 of 24 (51945 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Khoo,

This could be a combination of selections..

Smile

doodle
ALPHA

Jul 4, 2003, 9:40 PM

Post #3 of 24 (51914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

what is oral care kibblets? How does it look like?
what about other plastic bone or vegetable? is it consider?
I gave doodle carrots and cucumber after every meal.

edser

Jul 5, 2003, 2:26 AM

Post #4 of 24 (51903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

i feed them greenies and kar-wuuu

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jul 5, 2003, 2:33 AM

Post #5 of 24 (51902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doodle] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Example of oral care kibble

http://shop.puppy.com.my/...detail.asp?prod=H036

renachow
Dog Kichi

Jul 7, 2003, 2:06 AM

Post #6 of 24 (51886 views)
Shortcut

Oral care kibbles & combination of crunchy vegetables. Used to buy them rawhide bones but they kept disappearing. Hmmm...do u think my neighbour's kids have them? Maybe should check on their teeth insted of my furkid's.Sly

mochacappucino
Enthusiast

Sep 12, 2003, 1:50 AM

Post #7 of 24 (51796 views)
Shortcut
Re: [renachow] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Most probably your dog could have hidden the bones. My Mocha girl does the same to hers. Sometimes I could recover the bones in the most unsuspected places. Generally dogs like to dig and hide their "precious". Tongue

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 16, 2003, 7:48 PM

Post #8 of 24 (51751 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mochacappucino] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

i gave chicken neck to kinki and she ate up everything including the bone. is she suppose to eat up the bone also?

mochacappucino
Enthusiast

Oct 16, 2003, 8:05 PM

Post #9 of 24 (51747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes. They eat up the bones. Smile

sweeeng
ALPHA

Oct 19, 2003, 7:45 PM

Post #10 of 24 (51733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mochacappucino] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

My sist told me that in Australia, they are advise to give raw chicken wing ... bout once a month if I"m not mistaken... But I never did try giving my dogs... jes can't imagine them eating it raw...

Regards,

Sweeeng

jennifer6636
K9 Maniac

Oct 21, 2003, 4:48 AM

Post #11 of 24 (51712 views)
Shortcut

hiSmile, i give oral care kibble to my dogs

doberman
ALPHA

Nov 18, 2003, 12:58 AM

Post #12 of 24 (51677 views)
Shortcut

i give them bones for cleaning their teeth :)

goldilock
Enthusiast

Aug 22, 2004, 5:51 PM

Post #13 of 24 (50910 views)
Shortcut

i feed them with the oral care kibbles

i think it works Blush

celaeno
Enthusiast

Oct 9, 2004, 2:10 AM

Post #14 of 24 (50775 views)
Shortcut

Greenies. Tongue

wendy_h

Oct 10, 2004, 3:16 AM

Post #15 of 24 (50767 views)
Shortcut

Every 2 years, I bring her to the vet, they put her to sleep and then clean her teeth. Do scalling some more. After that, her teeth looks so pearly white....

But is this really necessary?Unimpressed

May_raymond
Dog Kichi

Oct 19, 2004, 11:24 PM

Post #16 of 24 (50681 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wendy_h] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I tried to brush his teeth, but he's not really interested. so i feed him breath mints

how old is ginger? u scale her teeth? like human scaling? doesnt it hurt? dangerous? where to do it and how much? plan wanan do for my dino

wendy_h

Oct 20, 2004, 1:44 AM

Post #17 of 24 (50674 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May_raymond] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think Ginger would let me brush her teeth also. So, when she was almost 3 yrs old, her vet said must scale her teeth already if not will get gum diseases. So, sent her there during Chinese New Year this year!! I guess it doesn't hurt coz she's fast asleep and when she wakes up, she wouldn't even know a single thing. But you have to make sure a qualified vet does it. Dino only 6 months old, no need to do it yet. Vet recommends every two years. I think it's about RM100??? Can't remember!

ladee_m
Doggyman

Oct 27, 2004, 10:39 PM

Post #18 of 24 (50637 views)
Shortcut
How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Smile

I buy them dental bones and Greenies... hope it works in the long run Wink

Dun think any furkids like to getting teeth brushed... Laugh if its food okay ler... hahaha Tongue

GSD
Dog Kichi

Jan 1, 2005, 7:28 AM

Post #19 of 24 (50018 views)
Shortcut

I give my GSD beefhide dog chews, (the bone shape beef skin). Do this really help ??

osmpam
Novice

Feb 14, 2005, 12:11 AM

Post #20 of 24 (49881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSD] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

it apparently helps.. hmmm.. but i still think that kibbles and tooth-brushing is the best. ;)

GSD
Dog Kichi

Feb 16, 2005, 5:06 AM

Post #21 of 24 (49870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [osmpam] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

ok, if this is the case, I think I should get some kibbles for her.....

JoeSmith
K9 Maniac

Jun 8, 2005, 10:10 PM

Post #22 of 24 (49187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSD] How do you provide oral care to your furkids ? [In reply to] Can't Post

My dog is on BARF diet; hence, no need for oral care. The teeth are clean and white.

Before I switched to BARF, I was struggling with brushing and raw hide, but nothing really worked. We used to see a vet every two years for cleaning the teeth.

I recommend chicken wings and chicken necks two or three times a week, if the complete switch to raw food is not possible.

Sydney
Doggyman

Jun 11, 2005, 11:53 PM

Post #23 of 24 (49150 views)
Shortcut

Oral care kibbles are better bcs the dog just eat they're meal and th kibbles so the teeth is cared for properly.

potter

Feb 9, 2007, 1:40 PM

Post #24 of 24 (47360 views)
Shortcut

Brushing teeth is a daily routine. I give him White Bites rather than Greenies. Greenies have been known to cause death eventhough now they say its revamped, I don't trust them. I also tried to give him a raw piece of chicken wing but he'd rather play with it, hide it or throw it around the house Shocked rather than chew it so I haven't been trying again since. Maybe I should....Tongue

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my