DASCHUND, BASSET HOUND OR ???

yeequin
Novice

Feb 13, 2003, 10:19 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1484 views)
Shortcut
DASCHUND, BASSET HOUND OR ??? Can't Post

HELLO EVERYONE,

can anyone advise me on dogs which are better to have in an apartment. one that doesn't make too much noise and, though, small, doesn't look 'ornamental' or fragile. i've only either daschund or basset hound in my mind now. perhaps anyone out there could recommend me more.

CHEERS!

ginl
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2003, 1:48 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeequin] DASCHUND, BASSET HOUND OR ??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Yeequin,

I'd vote for a pug in an apartment....they're small, not fragile looking, short haired so no extensive grooming required and they don't require a lot of exercise....a dachshund may be too loud for an apartment and basset hound is quite big in size...although the basset is also not very active, they can drool quite a bit but i must admit they are extremely adorable! Smile

Good luck in your search!

andyckl
Novice

Feb 14, 2003, 4:48 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1474 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I agree with Ginl. I used to live in an apartment. But I had two Shih Tzu's. Actually it all depends on how you manage your time and everything. Think it over carefully on which breed to have.

Cheers,
Andy

Elly
ALPHA

Feb 17, 2003, 8:40 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1456 views)
Shortcut

I have a basset hound. Before I got my basset, frens used to advice me not to get....said they will be real noisy! But then, she is with me for almost 1 yr....everything seems to be ok..and she hardly bark! But...once she barks, can be very very loud!Cool

I would advice you not to get a basset.....basset is kind of big to keep in an apartment. But is all up to you...Smile

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Feb 17, 2003, 10:15 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1455 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

It basically comes down to how willing are you to groom/maintain your dog once you got them.... Like Shih Tzu, silky terrier, pomeranian, poodle and pekingnese you gotto have the time to groom them and if you are not the type who likes to spend many hours grooming them, then these are definitely not the type of dogs for you.

I have just gotten myself a miniature pincher and well, i got no regrets at all... especially on the grooming part as I do not want to have a very high maintainence type of dog. It really depends on what u want...

cheers,
minglmy

ck
Novice

Feb 18, 2003, 8:24 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1438 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] DASCHUND, BASSET HOUND OR ??? [In reply to] Can't Post

my first dog was a basset hound,
most people think basset hound is small and cool in character as it is in the advertisment.
But it is not, myself disagree have basset in apartment cause they need a large space to run.

and a large stool ...Laugh

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my