Anyone on Schipperke

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 22, 2004, 11:44 PM

Post #1 of 44 (3983 views)
Shortcut
Anyone on Schipperke Can't Post

Hey do anyone of u know a schipperke? It is in the utility group also.

Well, pls reply if u know the breed

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Attachments: schipperke.gif (71.2 KB)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 24, 2004, 4:59 AM

Post #2 of 44 (3975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Anyone on Schipperke [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, very hardy breed and it is also called a ship dog coz sailors used to have this dog to control the mouse population and as companions......

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 24, 2004, 10:41 PM

Post #3 of 44 (3968 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Anyone on Schipperke [In reply to] Can't Post

It is also a spitz breed n the europeon herding breeds. Why arent they found in Malaysia?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

chrisong
Doggyman

Oct 24, 2004, 10:50 PM

Post #4 of 44 (3966 views)
Shortcut

Not popular lor. That why you can't find in Malaysia.

Christopher

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 24, 2004, 11:34 PM

Post #5 of 44 (3963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Anyone on Schipperke [In reply to] Can't Post

oh i thought they can b transfer 2 Malaysia?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2004, 12:13 AM

Post #6 of 44 (3961 views)
Shortcut

wat is mouse population means?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2004, 2:30 AM

Post #7 of 44 (3957 views)
Shortcut

Yes, it is a spitz breed and they are very high in energy... they also heard but they are more popularly known as ship dogs..... that's part of their history....

hard to find in Malaysia coz no one has thought of importing the breed here..... Not many has thought of this breed coz they mainly are focusing on popular breeds... like 10 years ago, no one knows what's a Welsh Corgi or a Basenji..... Now there are a few registered Corgis and one Basenji in Malaysia.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2004, 2:32 AM

Post #8 of 44 (3956 views)
Shortcut

Schipperke are popular to some coz they are a bit like terries, they like chasing mice... on ships in the old days, this breed were kept on ships and tankers to control the mice population... the dogs will chase and catch the mice......so the ship always has a very low population of these rodents when the dog is on board, soem say the schipperke are better at catching mice than cats....

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2004, 3:15 AM

Post #9 of 44 (3955 views)
Shortcut

So they r very famous 4 catching the mice. But now will they still do the little captain job?

Where u get these information?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2004, 3:40 AM

Post #10 of 44 (3951 views)
Shortcut

Yes, they were called Dutch dogs last time.... they don't do sailor work now coz mice population is under control with all the new gadgets to kill off mice and rats.....

These infos..... got it form books I've read long time ago.... when I was a lil kid, I spend my time by reading every dog book I can get my hands on... now ah, can recite for you almost 100 breeds and their pros and cons too.... hehehehe..... all in my memory hehehe....

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 26, 2004, 2:43 AM

Post #11 of 44 (3941 views)
Shortcut

why the shipperke population so low? I mean they r normal in us rite?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 26, 2004, 4:34 AM

Post #12 of 44 (3939 views)
Shortcut

Yes, they are normal in US.... I'm not sure why..... Oh, another name for the schipperke is the Dutch Barge dog..... but no one use that name now lah hehehehe...... Still unkonow here coz not many people like a black spitz....

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 27, 2004, 1:45 AM

Post #13 of 44 (3930 views)
Shortcut

Hi, how can u differentiate between a spitz n a shipperke?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 27, 2004, 5:39 AM

Post #14 of 44 (3928 views)
Shortcut

Spitz normally come in many colours according to breed.... Japanese Spitz is normally pure white with a smile, Finnish Spitz are orange to a brown.... Netherland Spitz are more of a wolfish grey or brown patern.... Schipperke is normally a dark grey( called blue) and pure black, no other colours wan..... and some Schipperke have docked tails....

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 28, 2004, 12:17 AM

Post #15 of 44 (3925 views)
Shortcut

WAT IS A nETHERLAND SPITZ? Why the shipperke must docked their tails?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 28, 2004, 6:02 AM

Post #16 of 44 (3923 views)
Shortcut

It is another kind of spitz.. got many kinds of spitz in the world wan.....

They dock the tails for fashion loh....

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 29, 2004, 1:54 AM

Post #17 of 44 (3915 views)
Shortcut

Haha like my sidney only.... ur dogs eva dock their tails anot?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 29, 2004, 7:01 AM

Post #18 of 44 (3913 views)
Shortcut

My boxers have docked tails but I leave the ears natural coz the ears are more painful, when they dock dog's tails, it is done 3 days after birth so the puppies heal very fast from the surgery and pain and will not remember about it at all..... ears ah, has to be done when they are 3 of 4 months and the cropping can last for a painflu 2 months....

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 29, 2004, 10:40 PM

Post #19 of 44 (3910 views)
Shortcut

U mean ur dogs get that?

My pup docked his tail whenever he is scared of something. Like:guitar being played, the computer rolling chair and when he accidently hit is head on the car's engine..... Clumsy but he can still remember.

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2004, 5:36 AM

Post #20 of 44 (3902 views)
Shortcut

Dock tails mean cut the tail lah, very painful wan if done on adult dog, the vet will cut the bone off!...... the one you said about your Sidney is drop tail hahahhaah......

Sydney
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2004, 5:40 AM

Post #21 of 44 (3901 views)
Shortcut

CrazyUr dever do that? Why they want 2 cut the dog's tail out?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2004, 6:05 AM

Post #22 of 44 (3900 views)
Shortcut

They ct the tails coz during the old days, the dogs have to have their tails cut off so they can move faster and have less injuries when hunting and so on.... now, people cut for fashion loh.....

Sydney
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2004, 6:11 AM

Post #23 of 44 (3899 views)
Shortcut

Why r they so cruel?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2004, 6:27 AM

Post #24 of 44 (3897 views)
Shortcut

Last time people's brains cannot function properly... now ah, can function but nobody use it hahahaha....... They want the dog to look nice, so they cut off their tails lah.... I bet Sidney has a short tail rite?

Sydney
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2004, 6:54 PM

Post #25 of 44 (3893 views)
Shortcut

Well sidney is short but gets very exited at anytime. Who got short tails in ur dog family?

Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my