Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Vaccination:
shall i get him vaccination for distemper ?

alite88
Novice

Oct 23, 2004, 5:13 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1519 views)
Shortcut
shall i get him vaccination for distemper ? Can't Post

Hi all,

My cocker passed away due to distemper in the early of Oct. I hv another 1 yr o shih tzu, shall I get him the vaccination for distemmper? and any can help for the prevention...

Appreciate...
=====(",)=====

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Oct 23, 2004, 5:09 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alite88] shall i get him vaccination for distemper ? [In reply to] Can't Post

did u get ur shih tzu when he was a pup? puppy should complete 3 jabs in an interval of 4 weeks per jab. the jab consist of 6 vaccines including distemper. if he has completed all 3 jabs, there is no need to worry about distemper.

however if u r not sure, u can get a blood test down on ur dog.

alite88
Novice

Oct 24, 2004, 11:07 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] shall i get him vaccination for distemper ? [In reply to] Can't Post

is that the blood test can check all disease of dog?
=====(",)=====

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Oct 25, 2004, 5:42 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1495 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alite88] shall i get him vaccination for distemper ? [In reply to] Can't Post

ohh. i am not sure but it can check for heartworm also lah.

i forgot to ask u if ur cocker mixed with ur shih tzu before he died, then ur shih tzu is prone to the disease if he has not completed the 3 jabs. ur vet would be able to recommend u this. i am suggesting the blood test so u can save from giving him the injection.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my