distemper

drew
ALPHA

Feb 6, 2003, 5:38 PM

Post #1 of 14 (13862 views)
Shortcut
distemper Can't Post

hi all,

was wondering that if a dog has caught in distemper before and if she or he has litters will the puppies inherit distemper??? how do we know whether they had or not??

thanks ... =)

lulugurl
ALPHA

Feb 7, 2003, 1:25 AM

Post #2 of 14 (13850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] distemper [In reply to] Can't Post

hie~ as far as i know this virus is pass through air and attack the nervous systems of the infected animal. the symptoms are fever, respiration problem, amnesia, lost of appetite, weight loss, hardening of paw pads and also the the nose...sometimes also coughing, diarhea and seizure which is already quite serious...Unimpressed

Hopes that my 2 cents worth of knowledege can enlighten you..Pls do correct me if i'm wrong...Thanks
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

drew
ALPHA

Feb 7, 2003, 6:31 PM

Post #3 of 14 (13838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] distemper [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there lulugurl,

so, the pups that they produce would not inherit distemper right??

thanks

lulugurl
ALPHA

Feb 7, 2003, 10:04 PM

Post #4 of 14 (13833 views)
Shortcut

hello... i guess so since i know that it is spread through the airUnimpressed
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

Pebbles
Dog Kichi

Feb 12, 2003, 6:18 PM

Post #5 of 14 (13802 views)
Shortcut

Hi there Drew...my almost 4 month old shih tzu x has distemper but thankfully is recovering..she has gained weight...and from the last blood test, the white cells has gone much,much lower... She had all the symptons mentioned...and we thought we were gonna lose her. But she is a little fighter.She is still on antibiotics and will be in for another blood test this friday. According to her vet, it can spread throught the pup's mummy too.....

drew
ALPHA

Feb 13, 2003, 12:45 AM

Post #6 of 14 (13798 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pebbles] distemper [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

good to hear your doggie is healing and getting stronger ...

so, it actualy can spread through the mother if the mother give birth to litters eh??? hrmmmmmmmmmm........ what is the bitch/dog is fully recovered and no more symptoms of ditemper at all ?? my bitch here she's fully recovered and she didn't get infected anywhere except for her teeth and fur and now she show no symptoms of distemper at all !!

i think i better take my doggie to my vet and do blood test also !! hehhehee ..

thanks anyway

Pebbles
Dog Kichi

Feb 13, 2003, 4:22 PM

Post #7 of 14 (13789 views)
Shortcut

Hi, drew...Yeah, I think you should take your doggie for a blood test...cause, from what I understand from the vet, it could spread through the blood as well....How long did your dog suffered distemper? I just cant wait for my puppy to get well....she still has not gotten any vaccinations yet!! And she badly needs a bath................

drew
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2003, 4:24 AM

Post #8 of 14 (13775 views)
Shortcut

hi pebbles,

my dog was infected when she's a puppy like 5 - 6 months old if i'm not mistaken .. she got her 2nd jab done that time ... but still got infected cause we were actually new to dogs and we took her out regularly for walks ... it took her around 1 month to get healed ... but my cocker spaniel was infected at her nervous system ... her leg ... she got fits too ... but unfortunately one day she was stolen by some1 ... =( felt so sad that day when i knoew she was stolen !!

i thought you can bath her eventhough she's infected with distemper ???

take care

lulugurl
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2003, 11:23 PM

Post #9 of 14 (13765 views)
Shortcut

heloo, sorry to hear about wat happen to both of your dogs(drew) and also to bubbles? if i'm not mistaken..Crazy Hope that both of your furkids will have a speedy recovery~!
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh

drew
ALPHA

Feb 15, 2003, 4:40 AM

Post #10 of 14 (13759 views)
Shortcut

hey there lulugurl ...

hehehe, my doggie actually got healed back already ... but unfortunately my cocker got stolen after that ...... Frown

but thanks anyway !!! =)

Pebbles
Dog Kichi

Feb 15, 2003, 6:07 PM

Post #11 of 14 (13755 views)
Shortcut

So sad to hear your dog got stolen..I can imagine how you feel. Anyway, according to Doctor, it is best not to bath them when have distemper because it will be much easier for them to catch a very bad cold.

But good news is that after Bubbles' check up yesterday, she is finally okay!! she got her first vaccination yesterday too..and I also bought heartguard..for her.

by next week today, she can have her much awaited and needed bath!!

Feel so happy lah...my furkid is okay.......

Pebbles
Dog Kichi

Feb 15, 2003, 6:12 PM

Post #12 of 14 (13754 views)
Shortcut

Smilepsst...lulugirl..your puppy look so cutelah!! Also Drew...so cutelah...I mean your doggie.......Blush What shampoo do you use on your pup? Since Bubbles can mandi already, I want something wangi and good for her hair.Is Bio-groom a good product?

drew
ALPHA

Feb 17, 2003, 3:13 AM

Post #13 of 14 (13743 views)
Shortcut

hello.

wow ... glad to hear that he's all right now !! =) congrats !!!

hrmmm ... my Magic uses the shampoo called ... ermmmmm... i can't remember ... i'm lazy to walk downstairs to cehck the namee of the product now but i promise i will go down and check it out later and post it up for you again !!

Bio-Groom is a good product for sure !! I uses Cream Rinse on them after using the shampoo ... and then after bath, during hte blow dry i spray mink oil on them ... also bio-groom's product ! =)

anyways, congratulations once again ! and hope you have fun with your doggie !! =) so, now only my doggie cute not me cute ???!? hjehhehe e... just joking !

Pebbles
Dog Kichi

Feb 17, 2003, 7:47 PM

Post #14 of 14 (13736 views)
Shortcut

Coolyesh, it's fun playing around with a healthy and well Bubbles....but now the tough part comes..getting her to eat only dry kibbles.......and during her illness..we manja her like crazy..so....very naughtylah now....have to give her proper training..for potty training.........and I can imagine what it's gonna be like during mandi time.......since she has not mandi for sometime.........Well, if you look exactly like your doggy....then maybe you could be cutelah!! He he he....joking ya........Tongue

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my