Home: General: Chit Chat:
Puppy ownership

May
Old Hand

Feb 27, 2002, 6:19 PM

Post #1 of 12 (4221 views)
Shortcut
Puppy ownership Can't Post

Yesterday when I returned from work, I saw my pup being walked by the previous owner's son. That boy is 10 years old. The poor pup was dragged by the boy as she doesn't walk well on leash. Then she stopped to poo poo but the boy keep dragging her!!! Then he pinched her tummy. I was so angry but my Mum said I shouldn't re-act that way since the pup was given to me by the owner.

I noticed that my pup neck is smaller and longer than most dog. My Mum said the previous owner always tied her up and the poor pup will pull and pull to get away. I do not know whether her condition will become a problem when she grows older.

I feel like the pup doesn't belong to me. I just take care of her on behalf of someone else. The owner can always have her back.

Am I over re-act or what???

(This post was edited by May on Feb 27, 2002, 6:42 PM)

jason
Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2002, 8:23 PM

Post #2 of 12 (4215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Puppy ownership [In reply to] Can't Post

Puppy sharing???Crazy

How to put in thousands of care and love to the pup when she is not yours? Why not trying to get one for your own?

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 27, 2002, 8:34 PM

Post #3 of 12 (4212 views)
Shortcut

To answer your question on puppy ownership, I think if 'The legal Beagle'Unimpressed is in a better position to enlighten you as I am Xtremely busy sniffingCrazy
Regards.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 28, 2002, 1:02 AM

Post #4 of 12 (4203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Puppy ownership [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL Derrick!! Smile

May : U didn't over react...heheh...considering I would feel the same way....someone should kick the boy for mistreating the innoccent puppy..does he live close to you?? Do you think he will want the puppy back?? Is it they say really give or just leave in your care??

I don't really know what I would do in your situation..a bit difficult seeing is your auntie ( if I remember correclty) and mummy are involved.

Cheer Up..Smile

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

May
Old Hand

Feb 28, 2002, 1:23 AM

Post #5 of 12 (4199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] Puppy ownership [In reply to] Can't Post

My Mum did asked the previous owner a few times whether he intend to take the puppy back but he said no cos' he has another puppy now. So the puppy is MINE for sure.

The other day I went to the previous owner's house. The wife told me that she put the new puppy in the crate almost everyday and let her shee shee and poo poo in the crate. To make her job easier, she will only fed the puppy once at night. If they went outstation, the puppy will be given one bowl of kibble for a few days. The puppy is almost 3 months old. They didn't send the puppy for vaccination.

They live a few houses away from my house. Everytime they pass-by my house, they will call my pup and play with her. I don't like it cos' they always abuse her. My mum always say I can't behave in these manner but I can't control my emotion.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 28, 2002, 1:29 AM

Post #6 of 12 (4198 views)
Shortcut

Wah LAU!! give one puppy away just to get another one to mistreat ar...damn sad lar those people...Mad

You cannot stop them from playing with your pup but maybe you can hint that you don't like they way they treat her or handle her.

You have to take a stand one way or another..even if they gave you the puppy, doesn't give them the right to continue torturing her...

¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

(This post was edited by Rainbow on Feb 28, 2002, 1:31 AM)

Pat

Feb 28, 2002, 6:47 PM

Post #7 of 12 (4187 views)
Shortcut

Dear May,

From the mails I think you and your mom are very nice people. Probably a bit "Pai Se" to tell them off. Well, if you really love your pup, just TELL THEM OFF! It is easy to handle the kid. Just scold him and take the pup back la. When I brought my KIKI back to JB for CNY visiting, all the kampung kids (actually they are my relatives) crowded around her to abuse her. I know it is not intentional because the kids may not realise that beating the dog is not a way to play with it (trust me a lot of it is picked up from their parents) but I still yelled at them and warned them that I will smack whoever who bullies my dog because she is my baby. Call me crazy la I don't care. In the end they were friend-friend with my KIKI already. Of course this is because I am damn fierce la. Sometimes if you don't put your foot down it is very difficult to protect what is yours. In fact, you yourself will be bullied! As to them playing with her, if it is through the gate I don't think much damage canll be done. It is your discretion whether you want to let your pup out to play with these people-you need to think of an excuse ti reject them. REgards,
Pat
Pat, David
parents to Kiki-nicole choa

mikemcyap
Novice

Feb 28, 2002, 11:01 PM

Post #8 of 12 (4178 views)
Shortcut

Well, is there a way in which you can discuss this with the boy and his mother? Maybe you can also try to teach the boy how to walk a dog? Then you have a friend who can walk your dog when you're away.Sly

Gin
Novice

Mar 1, 2002, 12:52 AM

Post #9 of 12 (4173 views)
Shortcut

Well May, the best way is to have a discussion with the previos owner. Tell them if they considered the dog as yours, they should not take back in the future. Impress upon them that caring a dog take a lot of time and money. Not to mention that training also take a lot of time. Most important of all, when you have build a bond with your dog, it will be very diffucult to separate both of you later.

If the previous want the dog back, give back to them and get a new puppy to start all over again.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Mar 1, 2002, 2:09 AM

Post #10 of 12 (4166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gin] Puppy ownership [In reply to] Can't Post

May, I don't think you should give them back the puppy unless you want the puppy to go back to living miserably....Frown

Best you just tell them you won't let them near your puppy if they don't know how to handle her..

¸.·´ ·´¨¨))

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Mar 1, 2002, 2:33 AM

Post #11 of 12 (4162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] Puppy ownership [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow... ur in a really tough situation here... If I were you, I'd try talking to my mum about this. Get her to talk to the previous owners. It's better to get an adult involved to back you up. Sorry I can't give much suggestions! The best way to settle it is either a) move far far away from them! Wink or b)discuss this with the previous owners calmly and rationally!

-= Tisha =-

May
Old Hand

Mar 1, 2002, 5:26 PM

Post #12 of 12 (4152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Puppy ownership [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for all the input I get.....Well, since I can't move far far away from them the only thing I can do is to ask my Mum not to let them take the puppy out for walk or play......If I ever see them getting near my house, I'll close the door and keep the puppy inside......call it nasty but I'm not going to let them abuse my puppy....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my