Home: Hunting Dog Forum: Hunting Dogs:
Dogs for hunting wild boars

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

tuckfook

Oct 14, 2008, 5:25 AM

Post #51 of 63 (60836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colinchin] Dogs for hunting wild boars [In reply to] Can't Post

A beagle is well known for following it's nose and not anything else.

For this reason, I have just lost a female beagle today, after she broke through the chain link fence. If anyone finds a female tri colour beagle in Penang, that sometimes responds to " Honi " please sms me at 012 482 4235. You'll be rewarded with a free beagle pup from Honi when she's next bred.

So, continuing with hunting, if a beagle scents a boar and follows the scent, it'll keep going until it is shot, but the boar might not cooperate and manages to escape the guns, so the beagle follows and follows and follows and does not come back.

In crossing with a local dog, we hope to reduce the incidences of lost dogs.

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jun 9, 2009, 5:45 AM

Post #52 of 63 (57044 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tuckfook] Dogs for hunting wild boars [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe pit x rottweiler x boxer x vegi? strong dog x smart dog..btw..anyone tried poodle?as they r very alart..

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jun 10, 2009, 5:39 AM

Post #53 of 63 (57027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tuckfook] Dogs for hunting wild boars [In reply to] Can't Post

Schnauzer??they r smart n alert..n barky too..

Sashan
Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2009, 4:41 PM

Post #54 of 63 (56932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luv_leehom517] Dogs for hunting wild boars [In reply to] Can't Post

Very interesting and informative thread :) Even though personally I'm not into hunting, its interesting to know what dogs can and can't hunt due to their inborn breed traits.

Just a question, if you cross a beagle with a local dog, wouldnt you get the floppy big ears? or its no problem for your dogs?

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jun 18, 2009, 5:55 AM

Post #55 of 63 (56916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sashan] Dogs for hunting wild boars [In reply to] Can't Post

i think beagle croos vege will looks like a corgi..maybe their ear abit bigger than normal of half standing?hehe..

Sashan
Enthusiast

Jun 18, 2009, 6:15 AM

Post #56 of 63 (56915 views)
Shortcut

If it looks like a corgi its going on my want list :D

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jun 18, 2009, 7:14 PM

Post #57 of 63 (56907 views)
Shortcut

lol!i prefer mongrel..i like the dark chocolate brown colour..if full brown the damn nice la..the face like corgi but maybe boday is like beagle ler..Tongue

Sashan
Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2009, 12:11 AM

Post #58 of 63 (56903 views)
Shortcut

I like corgi cuz my old dog looked like one :) short stumpy legs, big hears and nice, small not too square not too pointy muzzle. He was black and white tho, and corgis are tricolor :( So i need a mongrel corgi lol!

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jun 19, 2009, 5:21 AM

Post #59 of 63 (56892 views)
Shortcut

then adopt from pound lo..sure got some one..

Sashan
Enthusiast

Jun 19, 2009, 4:12 PM

Post #60 of 63 (56875 views)
Shortcut

Nah Melaka pound got like a million Shih Tzu's for some reason. Anyway already got 2 dogs again :)
Adopted a pom as Bugs (the remaining dog) liked her and didn't fight with her. Before that she whacked a puppy so I didn't dare to bring a new dog home

luv_leehom517
K9 Maniac

Jun 20, 2009, 7:31 PM

Post #61 of 63 (56852 views)
Shortcut

shih tzu??why??in kl the pound got lot of miz breed one..come n hv a look la..alot of mix/mongrel..last time i went paws got 2-3 beagles there..O.o..

Nicgunsmith
New User

Aug 26, 2009, 7:44 PM

Post #62 of 63 (55396 views)
Shortcut

Hi guys.just signed up today. found this thread very intresting.

i have "German short hair pointer" and "Labrador" , this guys are perfect for small games hunting like bird,waterfowl and squirrel hunting. they r perfect in retrieving. extremely smart dogs and wont stop running around and sniffing in the field.

I'm using a Benelli 12 bore shotgun mod. Elegant.

Nice to meet u guys.

(This post was edited by Nicgunsmith on Aug 26, 2009, 7:46 PM)

El Mas Mejor
New User

May 1, 2011, 11:25 AM

Post #63 of 63 (49229 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glng675] Dogs for hunting wild boars [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey everyone, we're new to this thread and we're glad too se that in Malasya exists big game hunting such as wild boar hunt. In the first page someone asked about the dogs that are able to hunt wild boars, Dogo Argentino is a hunter with exellence and one of the few dog breeds created for this proposal. Dogo is a prey dog which has to search and find the prey, is able to stop him and control him fisically untill the hunter comes and kills the prey with the way "dog and a knife".

Dogo Argentino is a very athletic, fast dog with a great nose, with a big abilily to fight with the prey. He posess a fearless character, those characteristics makes him as creator of this breed said "most prey between all the dogs and most dog between all the prey dogs".

Feel free to ask about more informations about this magnificant dog breed which we breed in their native country, Argentina and we also give them mentioned function.

As soon we I can we will post some photos of our dogs hunting, have to figure out how to do that.

Greetings,

Maja and Sebastian

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my