Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Help, my Dalmatian is having seizure problem!

nuggyn
New User

Jan 30, 2003, 11:23 PM

Post #1 of 2 (485 views)
Shortcut
Help, my Dalmatian is having seizure problem! Can't Post

Frown I need help here....besides going to the vet.

Recently my dog (6/7 yrs old Dalmatian - male) has developed seizure problem. During his first attack, he seemed to lost all of his muscles control and couldn't move after the attack. We just let him relax and after a while, he regain muscles control....but he couldn't recognised us (as if we are strangers), kept on barking. Few minutes later, he's OK.

Few nights ago, he had a second attack. This time, after the attack, he seemed to be very anxious and was walking around non-stop (as if looking for something)....and he was panting heavily.

What could be the cause of seizure?

What precaution can i take in order to prevent another attack?

Anybody here had this experience with their pet dog....please advice.

Michelle19791
New User

Mar 10, 2003, 7:53 AM

Post #2 of 2 (462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nuggyn] Help, my Dalmatian is having seizure problem! [In reply to] Can't Post

my dog had her first seizure when she was about to get spayed and they had to stop the operation cuz she had a seizure...when i got there she was laying on the floor cramping,not breathing gotta say she never had one again

My experience with seizures is a lot of dogs it comes with age or excitement,even a brain tumor like in humans ..there is medication out ,but i would just give that to the dog if it gets worse...,it also depends on the breed some breed are known for having those problems ...you might have to think a about a vets visit if it seems that your dog has more seizures ......Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my