First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Jul 9, 2004, 7:20 AM

Post #1 of 31 (4992 views)
Shortcut
dont buy from this agent !! Can't Post

Hi everyone,

I hate to do this but i have to warn everyone about this lady agent....i just bought a beagle from her few months ago and got conned at least 800 bucks or more. Her name is Audra Lim from Stalwart Ent. She is the middleperson for pet selling business and also anything to do with pets. She sold me a beagle for Rm2300 and ripped off at least Rm 800 from this deal. I was conned because i was naive and inexperienced and that was my first time purchasing a puppy. She said all the sweetest things that a nice puppy is priceless and should not be measured in money and all those crap. At 1st i thought it's reasonable as she said my beagle was from a champion line but later i found out even the Malaysian grand champion's progenies were sold only for Rm 1800 and after knowing some reputable breeders in malaysia i know even the finest beagle can nv be sold more than RM1800.Indeed it's very true that a beagle can nv be so expensive unless u buy from mid valley petsworld or petsafari which is a stupid choice becos if u observe properly their puppies come from puppy mills and are in bad conditions. As such, i would advise all of u who wish to get a puppy,get it from a reputable breeder who provides all the genuine info and advices to u and not only concerned about the money.

Pls stay alert when u come across this agent as she is very likely to tell all the big stories and one more irritating thing about her is she tends to delay alot with all the nonsense excuses. IF u want to get a nice beagle i can recommend a good breeder and i guarantee that u can get a healthy pup with lots of charisma. Pls try not to buy from pet shops as alot of their pups were taken from puppy mills. Spend some time doing research and ask around b4 u buy. dont be a compulsive buyer like me and dont listen to sweet persuasions...remember this...a genuine breeder with good conscience wont persuade..they are more concerned with the buyer's situations whether they are dog lovers or not etc. rather than showing much concern about the money to the deal....

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 9, 2004, 7:28 AM

Post #2 of 31 (4991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ohmybeagle] dont buy from this agent !! [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry to hear that you have been cheated. btw, where is the shop that cheated you located? and which beagle of yurs are the one sold for rm2300?

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Jul 11, 2004, 9:35 PM

Post #3 of 31 (4983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] dont buy from this agent !! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's this one that u can see from my icon.....he is 4 months old now.....i can forget about the con becos Lou is a handsome little boy and he is fine so far.....but definitely he is not worth 2300 since he is not a championline but was told as one. i realised only that his great grandfather is a champion overseas....so that doesnt make him a champline precisely.....and even the best progeny u can get in the market from the malaysian grand champ athesi prince ben is only 1800........anyway...this lady bases in Ipoh but she moves around....she works with a company called Stalwart Enterprise so just look out for this name.....she basically is a salesgirl working with pets and all relevant stuff.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 12, 2004, 1:33 AM

Post #4 of 31 (4979 views)
Shortcut

ohmybeagle

well you have bought it already. so no regrets.. anyway he is a rare color.. wish i can have one that color also. as white as snow.. ekeke....

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 29, 2004, 4:05 AM

Post #5 of 31 (4888 views)
Shortcut

hello

i am just being curious. is the AUDRA LIM handphone number : 016-555**** ?

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Sep 30, 2004, 5:31 AM

Post #6 of 31 (4878 views)
Shortcut

yes stanley....that is the lady i was talking about.....a petite lady.....and as far as i have found out lately......she ripped me off about RM 1000 actually.....i have asked an expert....he said my lemon white beagle would cost only max RM1300 if bought from a breeder directly. cos lemon white beagle is not a popular pick so it has lower value in the market......this lady works for Stalwart Enterprise i think......so be careful !!

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2004, 6:03 AM

Post #7 of 31 (4874 views)
Shortcut

phew. i only know that this lady is a middle person in selling doggie items. that time i call and ask about crates, as i want to get a new one for henry. i find her price is cheap, but very mah fan bcs i don't get to see the crate, and just get it straight from her. how do you know her? and ru going training this saturday and RDO this sunday? looking forward to meet you and you beagle. wong_fui, hope to see you also and lola. Smile

(This post was edited by MisterStan on Sep 30, 2004, 6:29 AM)

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Sep 30, 2004, 6:58 AM

Post #8 of 31 (4869 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

well stanley Audra works as an agent and she also sells some doggie related stuff for example crates and cages.....she gets those items from a distributor in sg buloh. That's why she can sell u cheap. I went to sg buloh myself to get a new cage for my new beagle 3 months old. I bought it for RM220 while it's priced RM 295 outside in the shops. But u have to go thru the hassle of looking for this distributor which is actually pretty hard to get hold of and most of all u will get a car with dirty tyres at the end of the day becos that factory is kinda remote. But considering i saved RM70...that's just a consolation....haha. she only rips ppl off selling life stocks.....for this crates items she cant do much la.....cos ppl can compare to prices outside and it's only a small profit so she wouldnt bother to rip anyway.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2004, 7:01 AM

Post #9 of 31 (4868 views)
Shortcut

ic. thanks. anyway, i didn't succeed in buying from her. managed to buy from a pet shop, eventhough the price is more, but quality better. Smile

Concorn
ALPHA

Oct 1, 2004, 10:24 PM

Post #10 of 31 (4850 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

sorry to interrupt lar. Sorry that u got hitched up so high for a beagle. But the beagle of yours is cute also mar. Just tat he don't have the tri color only. Something different from the rest of us.Smile You won't miss him though.

A $2300 for a beagle is really expensive and some more not a champline bld. I got Coco from Ikano Pet Centre at $1800, sire and dam a champline. I got discount some more. Although lot of pp saying don't get pets from these places, but so far coco is very good and healthy lor.

Btw, what makes you to adopt a beagle?Why not gr, rotti, shih tzu and irish setter? Are you coming to the RDO at One Utama?

*Coco & Concorn*

** If It's Yours it happen to be Mine, But What Is Mine Is always Be Mine - Coco's Motto**

Coco Leng Lui Album
~ latest update Oct 02

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Oct 4, 2004, 10:19 AM

Post #11 of 31 (4834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Concorn] dont buy from this agent !! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Yes i was there at the RDO with two of my beagles but i am not sure if i saw u and coco there or not....haha....didnt really look out for coco.....i know there were quite a number of beagles there la and even there was a lemon white male there quite nice.......well my Lou didnt behave sociable as he was really reluctant to move along in my command.....but once he was off the place then he became fine again.....he seems that he doesnt like to come out and play......he is a bit weird.....unlike the playful him when there is other dogs around......perhaps he is shy.....haha.....

anyway.....good to hear that coco is in good health and all even he came from Pet Safari? or pet Wonderland?? sorry...hehe......i didnt mean all the dogs there are bad la but u just need to judge the dogs properly b4 u buy from there even u are an experience owner....i believe their quality is getting better nowdays la.....but certainly incomparable to private breeders what has good reputation around. Furthermore u might even get a nicer beagle with a cheaper price somewhere else...anyway....That lady agent really ripped off around RM1000 from that RM 2300 i paid her. I found out that she could probably got that puppy from the breeder below RM1300 and sold it to me Rm1000 more expensive for a huge profit gain. One of my friend knows that breeder and somehow we figured that out la......so i just really wanted to warn everyone out there to watch out rather than just voicing out my resentment towards her........i just dont want anyone to get conned unnecessarily for goodness sake.....these ppl need to be shown some justice b4 they think they can go rampant somewhere else..........

Concorn
ALPHA

Oct 5, 2004, 9:16 PM

Post #12 of 31 (4820 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I was at the 'meet the breed' booth with few others breed too.

Well, I think Lou is just feel different lor, b'cos of his coat color. Totally different from what a beagle shld have. I think you must have read the story of 'ugly duckling' right!! kekeke. HOpefully, he's character will change when he grow bigger.
Like Coco, she doens't like to mix around with toy breed dogs. But when come to Big dogs like lab, gr, doberman, rotti, she loves it. hmmmm....

Well, pet shop also get their puppy for sales from breeder too but just that they marked up the price lor. Some of them, for sure didn't even bother to check whether the puppy is in good shape or not and buyer has to make sure this thing lor. Get the puppy bodycheck first b4 buying it... This is what I think all buyer shld do.

*Coco & Concorn*

** If It's Yours it happen to be Mine, But What Is Mine Is always Be Mine - Coco's Motto**

Coco Leng Lui Album
~ latest update Oct 02

Concorn
ALPHA

Oct 5, 2004, 9:16 PM

Post #13 of 31 (4821 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I was at the 'meet the breed' booth with few others breed too.

Well, I think Lou is just feel different lor, b'cos of his coat color. Totally different from what a beagle shld have. I think you must have read the story of 'ugly duckling' right!! kekeke. HOpefully, he's character will change when he grow bigger.
Like Coco, she doens't like to mix around with toy breed dogs. But when come to Big dogs like lab, gr, doberman, rotti, she loves it. hmmmm....

Well, pet shop also get their puppy for sales from breeder too but just that they marked up the price lor. Some of them, for sure didn't even bother to check whether the puppy is in good shape or not and buyer has to make sure this thing lor. Get the puppy bodycheck first b4 buying it... This is what I think all buyer shld do.

*Coco & Concorn*

Coco Leng Lui Album
~ latest update Oct 02

wais81
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2004, 9:40 PM

Post #14 of 31 (4816 views)
Shortcut

well lou is not an ugly duckling lar...he is just that color lar...not tri-color but a white an tan colored one lar. there is 3 colors in all but the most accepted color is the tri-color lar.. rare colors like tan and white or red and white are also recognised by breeders lar...i think it is not the ugly duckling factor lar. yoyo also dun seem to walk when i bring her for the obedient class. guess beagles are just brave at home but very timid and shy outdoor...socialize more and i think it will be better.

Christopher

Concorn
ALPHA

Oct 5, 2004, 9:49 PM

Post #15 of 31 (4815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wais81] dont buy from this agent !! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh No!! Don't get me wrong. I don't say Lou is an ugly duckling. But just using that story only lor.

I find Lou's color is very rare and cute. I saw him from far and recognise it's Lou. As for me, I think if I were to get another beagle or other dogs, it shld be different from the rest. At least, u r the one with a special colored dog. Don't u think so??!!Smile

*Coco & Concorn*

Coco Leng Lui Album
~ latest update Oct 02

wais81
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2004, 9:54 PM

Post #16 of 31 (4813 views)
Shortcut

yalor, i actually wanted to get a female beagle just like lou, but i got yoyo then only i found a breeder with a female that color..so couldn't get lor...

maybe my next one will be that color the breeder promise he will sell me one..hahaha..hmm..want to get mini schnauzer also lar..how ler...kekekeMad

Christopher

Concorn
ALPHA

Oct 5, 2004, 10:22 PM

Post #17 of 31 (4809 views)
Shortcut

hmmm... schnauzer!! good also.. But can you handle so many doggy???

*Coco & Concorn*

Coco Leng Lui Album
~ latest update Oct 02

wais81
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2004, 10:44 PM

Post #18 of 31 (4806 views)
Shortcut

well the beagle yo yo i co-own with my friend.so she will be staying with my fren lar...the my shih tzu is technically my sister's one i help train train and play play only ler....so far under my own hands i have yo yo and the great dane only...i think one more shouldn't be a prob

Christopher

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 13, 2004, 4:33 AM

Post #19 of 31 (4774 views)
Shortcut

If one buy a dog at a certain price, it is a willing buyer willing seller deal. No one point a gun at your head to force you to buy. If you got ripped off, it just show that you did not do your homework well enough and you have only yourself to be blame! Actually, a puppy is pricelss, it depends on the quality that you are willing to pay. I obtained my Golden puppies from the top breeding from the States and it ranges anywhere between RM15,000 to RM30,000. A finished American Champion will cost me more than RM60,000 ex freight. I sell some of my pups at RM5,000 with guarantee of show potential. It is considered very cheap for the type of quality we are talking about. As for Mal Gr Ch Athensi Price Ben, his puppy is going for RM1,800, that's ok, because he was bred at 'zero cost' so to speak. Do you know the sire of Athensi Prince Ben? He is call Aust Grand Ch Casualeigh Rag Trade belonging to Sensei Michael Ding, my Karate partner in pursuit, he is a 8 times best in show dog in Australia, his puppy is going at even cheaper, and he is a proven sire that produces Best In Show quality. It all depends on how much they pay for their dogs, cost of maintenance and the supply and demand situation. So, to end this note, do not be sore with what you have bought and stop grumbling and whining about being ripped off, be happy with what you have and settle down on that and be a man. Hope this help!

Boldly,

clangan

(This post was edited by Admin on Oct 13, 2004, 5:22 AM)

melanie
Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2004, 12:47 AM

Post #20 of 31 (4713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [clangan] dont buy from this agent !! [In reply to] Can't Post

Basically, theoritically you are a GR man, how come suddenly you are here into Hound Group?

I just interested to know one remark you made. What is your definition and how do you classify a PROVEN SIRE & what do you mean by ZERO COST?

Could you please explain and elaborate?

Thks.

lamlam777
New User

Oct 14, 2004, 5:32 AM

Post #21 of 31 (4688 views)
Shortcut

dear clangan,

I don't think it's fair for you to say this to ohmybeagle. Yes. He/she is being ripped off but can't you be a little sympathetic enough to console him or her. Must you be so blunt to hurt the poor person even more? I think it's kind of inhuman on your part. Put yourself in this situation, what would you feel? Or maybe out yourself in this situation, you paid RM60,000 for a AM Champ but when the dog was delivered to you, you found out that it is not AM Champ. What would you bloody feel? Ripped off, right? You will do all sort of this to rectify this right? ohmybeagle is just doing what is necessary to warn other ppl so that they will not be ripped off. Is there anything wrong?

Yes. I agree with you. A puppy is priceless. It's a life. Even our very own Malaysian dog is also priceless. And should not measure it with money.

Clangan, you are not the only one who import dogs at that price. There are many in Malaysia who does that. But you are one of thew very few whom I think sell a show quality dog at RM5000 and other non show quality at a high price just to recover your cost! A reputable breeder don't only look at $$$ but others too! Then it's BUSINESS! You are no different from those puppy millers.... in some ways.

Zero Cost? You mean all his dog were send to him as a gift from the Almighty God above ah? The dog food also drop done from heaven? Wink All others were donated to him? Surely no right?

Proven sire? In every litter? Are you sure? Pls elaborate. BTW, I seriously don't think that a RM60,000 dam will produce Champs all the time and dogs that is RM1,800 can't produce any champs at all.

I hope this helps you not to be too arrogant! Just remember one day what ever to ohmybeagle can happen on you as well. Good things are not here to stay all the time.

I can't help posting this reply as I found the criticism on ohmybeagle is unfounded and to inhuman!
cheers,

wais81
Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2004, 6:04 PM

Post #22 of 31 (4665 views)
Shortcut

I guess it takes only one champion to become this arrogant. You sounded really like an American.haha...well ohmybeagle might be whining about it too much but what can he do, he started this threat and ppl kept asking him who and how he got ripped off. All he can do is just to answer them back right. Puppy is priceless, yes i agree, but why the heck do ppl still go and negotiate for the price to be lower. i guess most malaysians are the same. Always want the best things but only want to pay very little. there is no such thing okay. nice GR you got there.

Christopher

chnyuppie
Dog Kichi

Oct 14, 2004, 8:15 PM

Post #23 of 31 (4649 views)
Shortcut

Dear

In what willling buyer-willilng seller transaction will the buyer permit the seller to rip him off? The seller has no right to charge an exorbitant amount of money for that cute beagle. ohmybeagle bought his pup from the market, and therefore he should have only paid the market value.

In addition, the seller has also made mispresentations to ohmybeagle. Would u call your pup of champion lines, only if its great grand-dad is a champion? Isn't that several generations of dilution of quality? Unless of course if you were an overly-optimistic person suffering from disillusion. (of course, I am basing my view on the basis that ohmybeagle's current pup is not of show quality; but even if it were of show quality, you yourself has admitted that the pricing can start somewhere about RM1.8K provided that the sire and not the great grand-sire is a champion). This gross misrepresentation shows that the seller was a greedy pig with a dishonest streak. I think ohmybeagle has every right to voice out his frustrations here.

And you were not correct when you said that ohmybeagle should not be sore "with what you bought". Correct me if I am wrong, ohmybeagle demonstrated very clearly that he loves his Lou, ie. that he was not sore "with what he bought". He was just sore with how that woman could have allegedly cheated him.

However I do agree with you that he should move on. No use crying over spilt milk, which I dont think ohmybeagle is doing (he is just sounding the alarm that's all).

In any case, your reply was quite harsh and insensitive.

hkling888
Novice

Oct 14, 2004, 8:59 PM

Post #24 of 31 (4641 views)
Shortcut

hi.... i'm not anti and i'm not pro clangan.... and I'm not in dogs politics... I don't intend to... I feel that it is strictly not right and not healthy to the dogs so called "industry" especially with the restriction imposed by all the local town councils on dogs in most towns but not cats!

I agree with wais81 that Malaysians love to bargain. It's very much in our culture as many unscrupuluos traders purposely tag a higher price on their products and they can give discount to win over customers. Even pet shops give discounts.... Coming back to "cheap and good" - who doesn't want it??? Everyone in the world would want to buy a BMW at the price of a Kancil. You can actually get it but on very rare occasions. During those days in 1998s - financial crisis, I'm sure there are...! Don't tell me you never in your entire life ever bargained before?

Mr. Gan, I have not met you in person.... and it's unfair for me to say if you are arrogant but in your postings you definitely sound you are arrogant. I MAY BE WRONG! Perhaps you may be a bit strong in your words but in person you are actually NOT arrogant and very approachable and helpful ... but seriously as for ohmybeagle's case.... to say the following to ohmybeagle

"No one point a gun at your head to force you to buy. If you got ripped off, it just show that you did not do your homework well enough and you have only yourself to be blame!"

is certainly not right on your part as a "cheong pui" in this area. I'm sure you are a newbie at some point of time, rite. As newbies, many a times we tend to get cheated because we don't know and most of the time naive to easily believe EXPERTs but this so call experts is not honest. And that's where you as a REPUTABLE MALAYSIAN CHAMP should come in to advise and not to even add more insult, blame and misery to ohmybeagle. Also can be their mentors!

Yes. You are right, clangan. He should be moving on.... but he feels that he is doing the right thing by alarming other newbies not to fall into the same trap. And some more the poor fella kena "ketuk and hantam" by you the "cheong pui" Sly. Clangan, I'm not here to teach you lesson in life. Please don't misunderstand. You are famous and many many ppl approach you because of your reputation. Make good use of it... Life is just not about recovering your cost, etc... A lot of goodwill involved.

GENERAL

Reputation, especailly good one can't last forever but once reputation smeared like Audra Lim, people will remember her for life man!

clangan
K9 Maniac

Oct 14, 2004, 10:05 PM

Post #25 of 31 (4627 views)
Shortcut

Hi all,

This advice put out is because ohmybeagle did some smearing campaign and this can be founded at the Gundog forum. Well, I am listening to your remarks, most do not understand, if one buy a dog and started to smear another's name that to begin with is wrong, I think I will rest my case here and you guys can take a peep at the Gundog forum and justify that!

clangan

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my