Enthusiast

Oct 3, 2004, 12:55 AM

Post #1 of 11 (8340 views)
Shortcut
What a dog life... todays Malay Mail Can't Post

Fire Dept slow to the rescue of dog
Ghaz Ramli
PETALING JAYA, Oct 02:
A customer service operator is unhappy with the way the Kuala Lumpur Fire and Rescue Department responds to animals, especially dogs.

The department, however, claims that humans and personal belongings are their priority when it attends to an emergency call.

On Sept 21, Logesvaran Kalliappan, 24, was on his way home to Kampung Sungai Kayu Ara when he heard a dog whining nearby at 1.10am.

He found the dog which had one of its legs stuck between two walls. The leg was also bleeding.

Fearing the dog might bite him, Logesvaran called the 994 number for assistance, thinking that the fire department might have the tools to free the dog without going near it.

However, the 994 operator told him that they were unable to send anyone there and that he should seek the help of passers-by.

The operator also told him that all personnel on stand-by duty that day were Muslims and would not be of assistance to him.
A Dog is for Life, Not just for Christmas

MisterStan
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2004, 3:23 AM

Post #2 of 11 (8330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sbt] What a dog life... todays Malay Mail [In reply to] Can't Post

that is such a sad story. just because they can't keep dogs, doesn't mean they can't rescue dogs. this should be an exception where dogs needed help. Frown

Kowie
ALPHA

Oct 3, 2004, 4:23 AM

Post #3 of 11 (8316 views)
Shortcut

The Fire Department is just full of crap. If it were a cat they would have sent 5 trucks. Pirate And no matter how many enquires and investigations they have, cats will still get 5 trucks and dogs none.

But it's good to know there are kind people out there who are willing to put their personal safety at risk to save an animal. God bless them. We sure as hell need more people like Logesvaran Kalliappan in this country.

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

sbt
Enthusiast

Oct 3, 2004, 5:20 AM

Post #4 of 11 (8309 views)
Shortcut

I supposed that in our country Dogs don’t count.

This is because some overzealous religious zealots believe that they are “haram” animal. Unclean to the highest degree. So in order to maintain spiritual purity they are to be avoided, should only be touch with a 10 feet pole.Laugh

Take for example the pinnacles of Malay Civilization and progress, Putra Jaya, dogs are still not allows. It is like “one step forward, two steps backward”.
A Dog is for Life, Not just for Christmas

musashi
ALPHA

Oct 3, 2004, 5:45 AM

Post #5 of 11 (8304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] What a dog life... todays Malay Mail [In reply to] Can't Post

This show how narrow minded & S**pid they are. People in arab have dogs at home...Pirate

Blush I am the man with dog's name

(This post was edited by musashi on Oct 3, 2004, 5:46 AM)

MisterStan
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2004, 5:49 AM

Post #6 of 11 (8296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] What a dog life... todays Malay Mail [In reply to] Can't Post

ya lar. when it comes to dogs, malaysia are ........ compare to foreign countries. i envy foreign countries. all dogs can go into shopping mall

musashi
ALPHA

Oct 3, 2004, 5:53 AM

Post #7 of 11 (8292 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] What a dog life... todays Malay Mail [In reply to] Can't Post

Babi dan Anjing...kesiannya kita...Pirate

MisterStan
Doggyman

Oct 3, 2004, 6:25 AM

Post #8 of 11 (8283 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] What a dog life... todays Malay Mail [In reply to] Can't Post

ya lor. there is nothing else that we can do lor. Frown

Kowie
ALPHA

Oct 3, 2004, 8:30 AM

Post #9 of 11 (8276 views)
Shortcut

I totally agree with you.

Funny how some people are... I'm sure you read the articles in the Malay Mail about the men who comitted incest with their daughters. It's a wonder that the religious zealots that brand our beloved furkids "dirty" and "haram" don't do more to prevent and act on such dirty and haram acts. Don't those people do more harm to society than dogs? Mad

But it really is amusing to see a large man/woman look so scared and run in the opposite direction when they see my min pin and me coming. It ALWAYS happens. Tried and tested. LaughLaughLaugh

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

musashi
ALPHA

Oct 4, 2004, 4:11 AM

Post #10 of 11 (8258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowie] What a dog life... todays Malay Mail [In reply to] Can't Post

I agreed with you too....why those people will scream & run when they see such cute & friendly small creatures.

They scream like they seen gohst or PONTIANAK,really cannot understand and piss off !Pirate

qstee
Novice

Oct 7, 2004, 4:37 AM

Post #11 of 11 (8216 views)
Shortcut

Hello everyone, i totally agree with u all. sometimes i think the muslim in mas is just too narrow minded, but some of the open minded malay they do rear dog at home. my dad told me that in turkey(a islam country). the people there can have dog.

but the dog here is still abit fortunate than the one is china, because ppl in china eat dog meat.PirateUnsure

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my