looking for adoptable large breed puppy

lissa
Novice

Sep 27, 2004, 6:23 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1146 views)
Shortcut
looking for adoptable large breed puppy Can't Post

Hi, i'm from penang.

dearly looking for adoptable large breed puppy (preferably < 5-months old, male )

is there any??

maxaus
Novice

Sep 27, 2004, 8:30 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1129 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lissa] looking for adoptable large breed puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Was that a pure breed that you wanted?? At S.P.C.A is all crosses, mainly females but we do have a few male pups at present. SmileNemo is dark gold and cute as a button and very gentle,about 2 mths old with good size paws, not vaccinated yet but will be soon. SmileSabre is a black/ brindle possibly boxer (has the boxer stance) crossed maybe with staffy (being fostered at present by me) with big paws, going to be a large stocky dog, already showing signs of being highly protective and a good guard dog. Sabre will need a strong handler and training as he is feisty and tries hard to exert dominance but he is also lovable and loves cuddles and play. He is available for adoption from this Friday (has had a few people interested already so he will go pretty fast) I havn't been in much these last few weeks but I do think there are a few other male pups available but not at this time (too young). Please feel free to come in and have a look as normally it's love at first sight which pairs up owner and dog. We are situated off Jelutong road , the street before the Shell service station.

lissa
Novice

Sep 29, 2004, 9:00 AM

Post #3 of 8 (1094 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maxaus] looking for adoptable large breed puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

tq,

think might go to SPCA this Friday,

wish me luck~~Wink

maxaus
Novice

Sep 29, 2004, 8:45 PM

Post #4 of 8 (1080 views)
Shortcut

I should be there most of Friday morning. I think have found a home for my foster puppy Sabre but there is plenty more there. Don't forget if you are adopting a puppy you must be sure you have the time, space (and fences) and patience. If you don't think you could cope with a one year old kid, then you probely can't cope with a 3 mth old puppy!!!

Hope to see you there...Wink

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 29, 2004, 11:29 PM

Post #5 of 8 (1073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maxaus] looking for adoptable large breed puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Don't forget if you are adopting a puppy you must be sure you have the time, space (and fences) and patience. If you don't think you could cope with a one year old kid, then you probely can't cope with a 3 mth old puppy!!!

Well, said. Time and time again I have come across people who are looking for puppies but they fail to realise how much work is involved with puppies. They just think of how cute puppies are. These are, unfortunately, the type of people who don't realise that puppies grow up and lose that cute-sy look. They then lose interest when the dog is fully grown - which is usually when the dogs' real personalities start to show and the fun really begins. I have had dogs come to me from 8 weeks old to 13 years and there is no doubt that the 13 year old fitted in with my household more easily than the 8 week old. The 13 year old didn't have to be watched constantly to make sure she didn't chew shoes and other objects and require constant game-playing. She arrived and settled in immediately. The 8 week old puppy cried for the first day and for 3 nights when he first arrived because he missed his mother and brothers. He wanted constant attention and besides having to be watched in case he chewed anything he shouldn't, had to be trained (sit, stay) and house trained (beware when reading newspapers while sitting on the floor. Newspapers are newspapers to a puppy with a full bladder.). The household had to change to suit the new puppy and it was exhausting.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

lissa
Novice

Sep 30, 2004, 4:27 AM

Post #6 of 8 (1057 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] looking for adoptable large breed puppy [In reply to] Can't Post

well, i can assure u that i'm not that kind of person, i dearly like puppies as well as grown-up dogs.

i used to have two dogs & i've been raising dogs since 1998.

the reason i'd prefer to adopt a puppy which is < 5-months old is that i'd love to do the training things by myself (of course, with the help of my family) as i did to my two dogs before. in fact, i find it enjoyable to train a puppy bcoz it's just like playing games & rewarding, & the puppies never fail to surprise me with thier skill of learning.LaughLaughLaugh

just think of the fun makes me happy & spirited~~

maxaus
Novice

Oct 1, 2004, 10:06 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1021 views)
Shortcut

Would have missed you if you went to shelter today as didn't go in (we fly home for 3 weeks tomorrow so had too much to do). Sabre, the pup I fostered, is available now and back at the shelter as the owner I had for him fell though at the last minute. He really is a beautiful boy and at 8 wks is big already. He would be easy to train as has a large play and food drive and he was running to his eating spot here in the unit and sitting patiently when I bought out his dinner. If we were living in a house and not in a high rise I would have kept him and taken him back to Australia at the end of our stay here but the best I can do is hope he gets a permanent loving home.

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Oct 2, 2004, 12:27 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1015 views)
Shortcut

Hi Lissa, I didn' t mean to suggest that you are one of those people interested only in puppies. I was responding to Maxaus's statement that if someone can't cope with a young child they probably couldn't cope with a puppy.

Good luck with your search for a dog. Your interest in the process of training your dog is a sign that you are a responsible owner and I wish you lots of fun and joy with your new companion.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

(This post was edited by Gus-Gus on Oct 2, 2004, 12:29 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my