Home: General: Chit Chat:
what dog should i get?

korean_gurl96
New User

Sep 27, 2004, 4:53 PM

Post #1 of 13 (924 views)
Shortcut
what dog should i get? Can't Post

I'm seriously considering to get myself a dog, cuz i want a companion to keep me company at home...i'm thinking between a cross between yorkie and poodle or yorkie and shit zhu. I"m really into the small, cute dogs who don't cause a mess around the house (white carpet everywehre!) and who's quiet and loyal. I'm also looking for a dog who's very friendly and who will sit with me..can anybody here help me make a decision as to what dog is the best for that??

Ji
Novice

Sep 27, 2004, 6:33 PM

Post #2 of 13 (916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [korean_gurl96] what dog should i get? [In reply to] Can't Post

seems like you're looking for a smart dog.. don't get a shit szu.. probably a poodle will be best. they are very smart and affectionate. they are easy to toilet train as well. they don't shed. but the grooming will be a job oyu have to be responsible of. if you like small dogs, then get the toy poodle... they are cute... and they will love you no matter what... Wink

so are you really korean?? you live in ampang?

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 27, 2004, 9:27 PM

Post #3 of 13 (912 views)
Shortcut

If you want your dog not to mess up the carpet, you'll have to toilet train the dog properly and make sure the dog has access to where ever it is trained to pee and poo.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Sep 29, 2004, 5:28 AM

Post #4 of 13 (884 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ji] what dog should i get? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why don't get shih tzu? I have a shih tzu really dead loyal and the smartest of all my dogs...... easy to train also what... and it never sheds...

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Sep 29, 2004, 8:03 AM

Post #5 of 13 (881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] what dog should i get? [In reply to] Can't Post

how come shih tzu never sheds one? Last time I rear two shih tzus hor, the fur floating all over the house wor Unsure

I think poodle dont shed lar Tongue
---------------------------------
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

Ji
Novice

Sep 29, 2004, 10:36 PM

Post #6 of 13 (871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TOPDOG] what dog should i get? [In reply to] Can't Post

i know.. i had two shih tzus and they shed like mad.. as they grew older, it gets worse.. i must have ate a lot too...

well, poodles do now shed. they have fur like humans where it grows and grows.. so you have to cut them.. and groom them. that is the only hassle.. i think they are one of the perfect pets, smart, gentle, loving, etc..

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Sep 30, 2004, 5:28 AM

Post #7 of 13 (864 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TOPDOG , Ji] what dog should i get? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hahaha... I know poodle never shed.... I mean ah, My shih tzu never have fur floating around my room or house wan.... shih tzu coat is not fur lah, it is also hair, keeps growing mah and is also a good breed fro people allergic to dog dander.....So far, the only thing that is floating all over the house is parrot feathers hehehe..... no fur....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Sep 30, 2004, 7:31 AM

Post #8 of 13 (861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ji] what dog should i get? [In reply to] Can't Post

i like poodles with deep coklat colour. very high class look
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Sep 30, 2004, 7:34 AM

Post #9 of 13 (857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] what dog should i get? [In reply to] Can't Post

in a way u r right lar. but i actually consider the 'hair' as fur also lar. I used to have two shishtzus 1 u know. Dun play play! One male and one female. But no more liao cos my ex girlfriend took them along with her when the relationship didnt work outTongue
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2004, 6:11 AM

Post #10 of 13 (839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TOPDOG] what dog should i get? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hohoho... you had 2 shih tzus but went away with your ex.... wah.....Shocked

Sydney
Doggyman

Oct 1, 2004, 11:27 PM

Post #11 of 13 (827 views)
Shortcut

How many u want? U can have a silky bcs they r small, intelligent , happy, playful and they like 2 b with u everytime.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Oct 2, 2004, 2:48 AM

Post #12 of 13 (824 views)
Shortcut

hi.

get SILKY TERRIER!! kekeke...see my cutie pie in my avatar!Laugh he is damn cute. need a comb per day...need little trimming only.no sheds too.

celaeno
Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2004, 12:38 AM

Post #13 of 13 (809 views)
Shortcut

SILKY TERRIER!!! Wink I definately agree with sydney and cherielee.

Silky is cute (look at my avatar), quiet, playful n loyal... never bark like crazy even when it's the first night they spend in their new home (at least mine didn't Tongue). The maximum size of a silky is around 4-5kg n height is around 8-9 inches. My Silky is friendly with all people n sometimes just sit there watching me in front of my computer. Wink He doesn't shed n only needs combing once per day n baths once per week. As 4 the housebreaking, i believe every puppy have to be trained to do that properly. My Silky is now getting used to do his 'business' in the toilet. Tongue

Come join us at the toy group forum: Australian Silky Terrier. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cheers, --only doggie can-- (>"_"<)
Celaeno -see these lines!!- ( '.' )
(Proud owner of SILKY! Sly ) (")o(")
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't move! I've got a SILKY here and i'm not afraid to use it! I'm a silky owner on the edge!" Tongue

Frown Woof! Give me some bones at Dogster! Frown
~~~Updated as of 18 Feb 2005~~~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my