Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
WHERE TO BUY A GROOMING TABLE

kanch

Jan 27, 2003, 7:56 PM

Post #1 of 13 (10241 views)
Shortcut
WHERE TO BUY A GROOMING TABLE Can't Post

hello all,

does anyone know where i can find grooming tables?
i've gone to several pet shops to look for them but they dont seem to have. also where can i buy some good clippers, any recomendations?

regards,
kanch

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 27, 2003, 10:09 PM

Post #2 of 13 (10232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kanch] WHERE TO BUY A GROOMING TABLE [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kanch,

The Sea Park Pet store in SS2 (the 2 shoplots joined together one, located on the same street where the PohKong, Ph Yik Thye Goldsmiths shops are) does stock some grooming tables (RM400+) and Andis Clippers (RM700+).

Ask for Mrs.Chui (friendly boss lady). Recommended.

Rdgs Arthur

kanch

Jan 28, 2003, 1:16 AM

Post #3 of 13 (10225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] WHERE TO BUY A GROOMING TABLE [In reply to] Can't Post

hey arthur,

thank you for the quick reply!
weird i go there all the time but i have not come across any grooming tables. seen the andis clippers but i thought that it was a lil bit expensive. heard that you can get cheaper ones here but im not sure where. are you using an andis clipper? i saw an oster clipper in summer pets in ss2 they have two types i think but im not sure which one to get....have you seen that one? what do you think? which do you reckon is better? as for the grooming table, did you get yours from SS2?
anyway thank you for the infoSmile

regards,
kanch

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 28, 2003, 6:06 AM

Post #4 of 13 (10223 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kanch,

The grooming tables are stacked in a box waaaayy up high. Guess it's a slow moving item so they stack it up there. I'm currently using the Andis Plus+ AG model (single speed). The good points are that it runs quieter than the Oster, accepts the Oster blades and cheaper than the Oster model. I got mine from Singapore (thru some good "lubang" (Singapore Slang) from the Schnauzer Club Singapore members) Cost Sing Dollars $245 which is equivalent to RM535. Locally it is priced about RM700+. Unsure

Recommended if you have some Singapore kakis to buy it for you over there. You have to know where to buy it from in Singapore too.. Not everyshop gives that price. Let me know if you are interested.

My grooming table was 2nd hand from a groomer. Like it cos' it just the right height for a MS and not too heavy as well. Makes it easy for the wifey to move it about.Smile

Hope this info helps. Rdgs Arthur

kanch

Mar 24, 2003, 7:30 AM

Post #5 of 13 (10164 views)
Shortcut

hello arthur,

i think i need help getting an andis clipper from you. i was searching thru the internet and i quite like the AGC Super 2 speed model. would they have it in singapore?i have seen a two speed model and i like it because of of the modes is really silent and i have a dog that gets terrified each time she hears the sound.
as for the grooming table....i think a new is a bit tight on my budget so i was wondering if you know where i can get a 2nd hand one? how much did you get yours for? have been lookin around for one but not many pet shops sell them.

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 24, 2003, 7:51 AM

Post #6 of 13 (10163 views)
Shortcut

Kanch,

The Andis 2 spd clipper can be obtained from Singapore. It's more expensive (Sin $285) vs the single speed model (Sin $245). Unless you plan to groom large breeds with heavy coats, better to save some money and buy the single speed model. Anyway, this is just my opinion.. The final choice as always, is up to the individual preference Smile!

A 2nd hand grooming table is not easy to find. I got mine by chance. Wasnt cheap either at RM400!

Rdgs Arthur

kanch

Mar 24, 2003, 7:57 AM

Post #7 of 13 (10161 views)
Shortcut

hey,

thanks for the advice....yeaps need to save some cash but the reason i only reason i want to get the 2 speed model is because one my dogs hates the buzzing sound and the 2 speed one has a slower one which is silent. at least i can try groomin her...now its like totally impossible with the wahl clipper i have, she goes crazyUnsure. so i guess i'll have to spend a bit morePirate
400 bucks for 2nd hand??....hmm quite expensive eh. is it better than the one in ss2? how do i pick out a good grooming table?
p/s: also where can i get stripping knives?

kanch

(This post was edited by kanch on Mar 24, 2003, 8:04 AM)

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 24, 2003, 3:49 PM

Post #8 of 13 (10154 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kanch,

Have you actually tried the 2 spd model? and hear the difference between the normal and high spd? I did not have the chance to try the 2 spd model. I was told the 2 settings are normal and high. Please confirm. If yes, then this might defeat the purpose of getting this model as there would NOT be a slower speed to select from. If however there IS a slower speed, then by all means go ahead.

A good grooming table has to have the following points: A. Stable and not wobbly especially with the dog ontop. B. A non-slip surface that is also washable and durable. C. Portable and folds nice away without taking too much space. D. Reasonable light enough without compromising (A). E. Be at least 18" deep by 30" wide. F. Has a grooming arm that is adjustable for height. G. Affordable Smile!

The stripping knives can be purchased from the SS2 shop. Hope this helps. Happy shopping!

Rdgs Arthur

(This post was edited by arthur on Mar 24, 2003, 3:50 PM)

kanch

Mar 24, 2003, 5:26 PM

Post #9 of 13 (10149 views)
Shortcut

hello arthur,

thanks once again for all the helpful informationSmile
as for the clipper, yeaps it has the high and the lower speed mode, tried one and its really nice to use. your's is black right? this model is red. there's the ag 2 speed, super 2 speed, and the agc models. im keen on getting the agc super 2 speed model as it doesnt require any oiling or coolant to cool the clipper down. do u have to use those? was going through the andis website and they said the regular models cut at 2000 strokes per minute but this model cuts at 4000 strokes per minute. that means i should get the work done faster without the clipper getting heated up. haha and they claim that its a groomer's dream come trueTongue
as for the table do you think the one in ss2 is good and worth the price?
what sort of stripping knives should i get for ms?
thanks for being very helpful.

kanch

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 25, 2003, 12:11 AM

Post #10 of 13 (10140 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kanch,

Wow! The Andis Super 2 spd requires no coolant? Cool! (pun intendedTongue) I have to cool mine once a while with the clipper wash/coolant.. Good thing you have actually tried it out. How much does this model cost in M'sia?

The grooming table in SS2 is ok for it's price. A bit on the large side but hey, at least it's stable right? With regards to stripping knives for MS, you'll need at least 2 - the fine and medium ones. Should not be more than RM20 each.

Have fun grooming! Perhaps post a pic or two for us to share and admireSmile!

Rdgs Arthur

kanch

Mar 25, 2003, 3:48 AM

Post #11 of 13 (10134 views)
Shortcut

hey arthur,

just got back from the ss2 shop....yeaps they had 2 sizes of the grroming table. im getting the smaller one but some say the bigger one is more value for money because its about RM20 more only but they dont have stock for it so i shal settle for the smaller one but im only picking it up tomorrow.
as for the stripper.....it cost me RM25.....Unsurenot below RM20. where did you get yours from??

but i was speakin to the groomer there, he was saying the best way to strip is by hand stripping.
the knives are just to touch up.
another thing mrs chui told me was that she too tried to bring down the model i wanted but she said we would need a transformer to use it as it is of a diff voltage. but when i was checkin out a few websites they had the asian ones so im not sure.
its only between USD 123-140 dependin on which website u get it from. i have asked my friend in the states to check it out for me. so i'll let you know more about it soon. even mrs chui was saying that its really good compared to all the andis clippers.....the best infact. the ones she was sellin were very expensive. haha when i finish grooming i will post up some picsSmile thats only if they turn out nice...hehe

kanch

Sibuk
Novice

Mar 25, 2003, 11:46 PM

Post #12 of 13 (10121 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kanch/Arthur,

I'll also like to get a grooming table. May I know what are the sizes available and how much does each of them cost?

Where is the pet shop located actually? Is there any telephone? I'm from Johore.

Thanks for your help.Wink

melissa
ALPHA

May 27, 2003, 12:34 AM

Post #13 of 13 (10002 views)
Shortcut

Hi, everyone

I'm melissa, a newly join member. I don't realise that a clipper could cost so much Shocked as I bought a one recently at RM200. I bought through a hair saloon supplier. I guess this is an old stock and with one speed only. I groom my Cherry (toy poodle) with this clipper and so far, it is working OK.

Click here to join Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

My three furkids ^_^ Gigi, Cherry & Belle ^_^

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my