Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
Paw Care

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 8, 2002, 11:18 PM

Post #1 of 14 (35358 views)
Shortcut
Paw Care Can't Post

Was just wondering how to take care doggies paw pad...just noticed one paw is a itty bitty rough...any cream to apply??

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 9, 2002, 3:11 AM

Post #2 of 14 (35350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rainbow] Paw Care [In reply to] Can't Post

The 'soft' pads of a dog's paw is the least you should worry about. UNLESS
(1) It receives a deep wound from sharp objects such as glass or stepping on a thumb tack or a nail. You will then require vet attention.
(2) Blistering. Sometimes we might take our dog out for a walk on the tarmac road on sunny days without realising how hot the surface is and the poor thing kept following you until a blister is formed and rupture. Under such circumstances, you should apply either petroleum jelly or savlon antiseptic cream to sooth the pain and discomfort.
(3) In between the toes/fingers sometimes these places may have what we generally term as wet eczema. Normally this is caused by either doggie walked on detergent or there is some form of bacterial infection. Treatment for this is to soak the foot in one litre of LUKE warm water with one teaspoonful of NaCl.
(4) One that is not at all common to doggie with black pads is known as chafe pad. More so prone to dogs with white or pink pads. Treatment for this is nothing better than olive oil.
Well that's all from who cares.

Rainbow
Canine Addict

Feb 9, 2002, 3:15 AM

Post #3 of 14 (35348 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Paw Care [In reply to] Can't Post

okay. thankies Derrick. Will keep this in mind.Smile

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ ·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Rainbow -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

jason
Enthusiast

Feb 23, 2002, 5:40 AM

Post #4 of 14 (35339 views)
Shortcut

Hi Derrick ...

I am not sure whether the third statement in your post is related to my doggie problem. For my elder female boxer, 8 months old, there are some swollen blisters between fingers. It has been quite a time she has that and now, I bought a spray type antiseptic to treat it. Will it be a serious problem? Please advise, thank you very much.

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 23, 2002, 5:51 AM

Post #5 of 14 (35337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] Paw Care [In reply to] Can't Post

Go to a chemist, buy a tube of Savlon (trade name) or any cortisone cream. Apply, that is rub the cream in nice and proper and make sure puppy don't lick on it for 10 minutes. Do it three times a day.
Regards.

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 25, 2002, 5:56 AM

Post #6 of 14 (35329 views)
Shortcut

My dogs are forever getting into trouble. What I do is get a tub of clean water and put a capful of Savlon in it. Make sure it's diluted enough or it'll sting! Thankfully my dogs are quite well-trained, so they don't mind me putting their paws into the water. Let them stand with the problem paw in the tub for a few minutes. It'll usually heal within a few days.

-= Tisha =-

Amanda85
Doggyman

Oct 16, 2003, 4:36 AM

Post #7 of 14 (34637 views)
Shortcut

how do i determine whether my dog has soft paws?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

is_me
Novice

Oct 16, 2003, 8:47 PM

Post #8 of 14 (34626 views)
Shortcut
Paw Care [In reply to] Can't Post

and also.. just wanna know how come some of the paws are black in colour and some are half black and white.. and got a few white? my dog stay in the house.. is this a growing process and one day later... all her paws will become black?

thanks

crumb
Novice

Nov 28, 2006, 12:57 AM

Post #9 of 14 (30017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [is_me] Paw Care [In reply to] Can't Post

hi...my doggy's paw is a bit scaly, i wonder if there is a problem with her paw. The black pad seems like seperated into small scales. What can i do about that?

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 7, 2007, 8:52 AM

Post #10 of 14 (29820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [is_me] Paw Care [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
and also.. just wanna know how come some of the paws are black in colour and some are half black and white.. and got a few white? my dog stay in the house.. is this a growing process and one day later... all her paws will become black?

thanks

is_me..

how old ur cutie? just few mths old? normally for puppies jus a few mths old, thru their growing process, their pinkish-white paw will be more and more black. so it will be some black and some stil not black yet. until a certain age, will become all black

My beloved Molly looks like MooMooo

My beloved Snoopy makes 1 of the funniest beagle in the world

My beloved Lassie is the teh-est sheltie although he is a male !

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

| Husky Zai : 24 Jan 2010
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my Jewelleries Online

Photography Business Website coming up soon ^^

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2007, 2:06 AM

Post #11 of 14 (29814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Paw Care [In reply to] Can't Post

certain breed like jrt sometimes their paws wont turn black fully, still got a little pinkish but still rough texture la

ezekiel 25:17

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 9, 2007, 3:05 AM

Post #12 of 14 (29807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Paw Care [In reply to] Can't Post

vinoviruz..

oh i see.. hmm.. dono who told me so..hm..anyway, i learn something new today . thanks bro !

other than jrts, anymore breed out there also got this kind of phenomena?

Frown Molly Gal : 16 June 2007 | Snoopy Zai : 4 Jan 2010 | Lassie Zai : 23 April 2010

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vinoviruz
ALPHA

Jan 11, 2007, 3:36 AM

Post #13 of 14 (29796 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SupaMolly] Paw Care [In reply to] Can't Post

errmm.. i dunno la, i only see this "phenomena" in jackie (zeus' mom) hahaha

ezekiel 25:17

SupaMolly
ALPHA

Jan 11, 2007, 7:57 AM

Post #14 of 14 (29792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinoviruz] Paw Care [In reply to] Can't Post

vinoviruz..

oh. ic

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my