Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: General: Chit Chat:
WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Sep 20, 2004, 8:38 PM

Post #1 of 134 (2250 views)
Shortcut
WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? Can't Post

and which brand do u feel is the best?

I have been feeding my pup with Blackwood and just started on ANF. Blackwood seems ok to my dog but for my minpin, he seems to have to crush very hard. But isn't that good for the teeth? He also has a healthy shine from eating blackwood. However, I just started feeding my dog with ANF. My dog EXTREMELY seems to love ANF but I dunno yet whether it's good or not la.
I used to feed my shih tzus with Eukanooba when I had them. Quite normal la but the stool very smelly la.

What brand do u feed ur dog? and which brand do u think is better and what type?
---------------------------------
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Sep 20, 2004, 10:27 PM

Post #2 of 134 (2241 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TOPDOG] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

my taro take eukanuba.. yes its smelly becuase its meat...

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

yst323
Old Kaki

Sep 20, 2004, 10:51 PM

Post #3 of 134 (2240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TOPDOG] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

When I brought pp back from breeder, they fed him with Sure Gain, very hard better to soak with water. Later on I gave him Bil Jac from vet. When first feed him, he likes it very much until I think is teething, he refused to take normal hard dog food. I switch back to sure gain and recently I got few sample from Science Diet. I tried feeding him but he still prefers Sure Gain oh...Actually I also confused which brand is good for pp. He is such a small eater and I really don't mind to get him slightly expensive dog food as he can only finish 1 bag of 3.5kg in 3-4mths time.
I never try on Eukanoba yet, if pp still doesn't like those food...

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos
(latest upload: 3 Feb 2006)

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 21, 2004, 12:07 AM

Post #4 of 134 (2233 views)
Shortcut

currently feeding my dog Nutro. not sure nutro is good or not, but i find it is ok lar for the price. Certainly meat products are better , but are more expensive. Smile

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Sep 21, 2004, 1:50 AM

Post #5 of 134 (2215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yst323] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

me expensive oso nvm cos everyday eat less than a small bowl of food. My three kilo blackwood, almost one month only eat less than 20%.

What do you guys think about Science Diet, Pro Plan, ANF and Eukanooba? what brand is good for growth?
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

ronaldo7
Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2004, 3:41 AM

Post #6 of 134 (2211 views)
Shortcut

bil and jac?

feel free to add them up if you own dogster

tiska the labrador trap in gsd body!
http://www.dogster.com/?71145

shan the sharpei look a like!
http://www.dogster.com/?29137

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Sep 21, 2004, 5:58 AM

Post #7 of 134 (2201 views)
Shortcut

hmm i am not sure but eukanuba work like this loh... i get taro puppy formular for large breed.. it give them the right nutrition.. but will control them not to grow too fast b4 their bones can hold them... so they will not have join problem when they grow up...

so 'good for grow'... u mean want to grow faster? hmmm but not really good if they grow tooo fast b4 their bone build up loh... so far i only try eukanuba.. so don't know others...

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 21, 2004, 7:17 AM

Post #8 of 134 (2196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

I feed my dogs Eagle. I've had GSDs, Westies and Poodles and they all love the Lamb & Rice formula. I also get an Eagle fish-based Holistic from Singapore and they love that too.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Sep 21, 2004, 8:11 AM

Post #9 of 134 (2195 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i own a silky. i feed him Bil Jac,recommend by the pet shop. but after i visit to a vet,he recommend me to give ANF.He said dat ANF is more oily dat can make doggie skin shinning n can feed in less amount is enough bcoz it is more *padat*.but some ppl told me dat eukanuba is better than ANF...so i havent try them yet... maybe different brand suit different doggie.Wink

Mey Lim SM

Sep 21, 2004, 8:56 AM

Post #10 of 134 (2188 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherielee] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

There are so many brands in the market so it is really difficult to tell which brand is better. If you think the higher the protein the better it is.... eh, think again, some dogs are not suitable for the too high protein one... too heatty for them, they will shed fur, get fever and worst still, kena skin problem.

See if your dog stool is hard and nice, is the coat becoming shining and smooth after one or two weeks, that will be the suitable one.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Sep 21, 2004, 5:14 PM

Post #11 of 134 (2170 views)
Shortcut

My dogs.... all homecooked food hahhaa..... but then my shih tzu eats canned dogfood now with his homecooked food.... heard of Nature's Gift/Bark? This brand ah, after my shih tzu started on it can see his fur is getting shinier and looks more fluffy..... my other dogs eat homecooked food with vitamins and canola oil added..... The results is better stool, shiny coat and more muscle on the dog....

Brand of dry dog food... I still think Ekanuba is ok....Science diet.... ok lah.... Purina? Some dogs can get allergy from this brand but my shih tzu loves this brand, will turn his nose to any other brand of dry kibbles.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 21, 2004, 5:39 PM

Post #12 of 134 (2164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mey Lim SM] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you sure protein causes Heaty?Tongue

yst323
Old Kaki

Sep 21, 2004, 9:23 PM

Post #13 of 134 (2148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ronaldo7] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is Bil Jac...one of the brand, sorely sold by authorised dealer...so u probably couldn't get it easily. I don't know whether this is good brand or not by it is recommended by vet and some breeder loh...but my furkid stops eating liao...he now prefers Sure Gain..

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos

ronaldo7
Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2004, 9:48 PM

Post #14 of 134 (2141 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yst323] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

ohh.. u reckon sure gain is better? what difference anyway? more protein??

feel free to add them up if you own dogster

tiska the labrador trap in gsd body!
http://www.dogster.com/?71145

shan the sharpei look a like!
http://www.dogster.com/?29137

yst323
Old Kaki

Sep 21, 2004, 10:20 PM

Post #15 of 134 (2135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ronaldo7] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

Not that I reckon sure gain better...but he likes to eat sure gain as compare to bil jac or even science diet....even if one brand is full of nutricent but your pup just doesn't want to eat, it is useless, isn't it?Crazy

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 22, 2004, 12:03 AM

Post #16 of 134 (2133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure about the heaty part but my dogs didn't just eat dry biscuits alone. They got vegetables - steamed with garlic and ginger - and chicken which has been cooked in a pressure cooker until the bones crumble. The dogs were fed the chicken and the bones which contain calcium and marrow. The dogs got the chicken and veg with the biscuits on the side everyday. I also added glucosamine and chondroitin capsules and Oil of Evening Primrose capsules.

Occasionally, the chicken would be substituted with lamb (leftover roast leg of lamb would be boiled until the meat and cartilege fall off the bone and lamb soup or salmon (again leftover, boiled until the meat falls off the bones) and salmon soup.

The dogs were all in good health until they died of old age. Gus, when he died at 13, had only lost 2 teeth - both in the last 9 months before he died.

I try not to rely on just dry biscuits no matter how convenient it is. Aegis, my standard poodle, used to get very bad eczema if he ate anything other than 2 cups of biscuits a day. Then he started on the vegetable-with-his-biscuit diet at age 4 and never had eczema again. He could eat anything after that - durians (poodles - all colours, all sizes - love durians) and as much as he liked. He died in his sleep of a heart attack aged 12.

The vegetables are not cooked fresh everyday. Once a week the vegetables are cooked then stored in the fridge or freezer and served up when required. The same with the chicken. Dogs don't need vitamin C which their own bodies can produce which is why you can precook the vegetables in advance for them but not for yourself Smile.

I would recommend adding vegetables to your dog's food. I use anything that I have = kacang botor, kangkong, ladies' fingers, carrots, choy sum, peas, corn. It doesn't have to be the best veggies - sometimes the outer leaves of a cabbage are still good but discoloured. That is what I give to my dogs. I started by boiling the vegetables with chicken bones (with ginger and garlic) to make the vegetables smell good to the dogs but later on, it was just water with the garlic and ginger. The garlic is also good against ticks. Ginger is good for rheumatism.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Sep 22, 2004, 12:16 AM

Post #17 of 134 (2132 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mey Lim SM] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

hmm...i see.but do u know wat should be suitable for a silky puppy? my doggie always scratch his body...is it bcoz of his food? i think will switch to other brand of dog biscuit bcoz the vet said bil jac is not so suitable for my doggie.

is it higher the protein contain,the more heatty for them?? usually how many % of protein need by a puppy?? as i know dat ANF contains 33% protein.is it suitable?

my puppy got flu n his body temp a bit high.Frown i brought him to see Dr Anthony. hope dat he will b ok soon.

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Sep 22, 2004, 12:19 AM

Post #18 of 134 (2131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

i know garlic and ginger is good for dog but is it also good for puppy?? i mixed some raw garlic in my puppys kibbles but he DONT want to eat... now his bowl got the smell of garlic and he refuse to eat the kibbles in the bowl except i feed him with my hand.LaughLaugh gotta buy a new bowl for him

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 22, 2004, 12:31 AM

Post #19 of 134 (2130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherielee] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
hi,

i know garlic and ginger is good for dog but is it also good for puppy?? i mixed some raw garlic in my puppys kibbles but he DONT want to eat... now his bowl got the smell of garlic and he refuse to eat the kibbles in the bowl except i feed him with my hand.LaughLaugh gotta buy a new bowl for him

Raw garlic is very pungent and burns Unsure. Suggest you cook the garlic in a little butter and/ or olive/vegetable oil to give it a nice flavour then mix it into his biscuits. You can cook the garlic in advance then store it in the fridge and add a spoonful of it to his food everyday.

Garlic and ginger are fine for a puppy. Just make sure it's a small amount to start off with and so that doesn't burn the puppy's mouth.

Dampen and scrunch up some newspaper and leave it in the bowl overnight. That should get rid of the raw garlic smell. If it doesn't work immediately, repeat it two or three nights. This is what my mum does to get the smell of durians out of plastic containers.

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Sep 22, 2004, 12:34 AM

Post #20 of 134 (2128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

thanks for ur suggestion Smile will try it out.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Sep 22, 2004, 2:42 AM

Post #21 of 134 (2117 views)
Shortcut

Oh... please try not to give your dogs cooked chicken bones... dangerous for them.... it spinters in side the stomach and can cause serious damage...... and substitute prime rose oil with canola oil, olive oil, salmon oil or cod fish oil coz evening primrose oil is not so good for health... in humans lah so I assume it works like that for dogs also.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Sep 22, 2004, 3:37 AM

Post #22 of 134 (2115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

chicken which has been cooked in a pressure cooker until the bones crumble. The dogs were fed the chicken and the bones which contain calcium and marrow.

Please note that I cook the chicken in a pressure cooker until the bones crumble. I am - as any responsible dog owner should know - aware of the dangers of feeding dogs bones - any sort of bones whether chicken, lamb or beef.

I am not aware that Oil of Evening Primrose is not good for health.

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Sep 22, 2004, 4:08 AM

Post #23 of 134 (2111 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

chicken which has been cooked in a pressure cooker until the bones crumble. The dogs were fed the chicken and the bones which contain calcium and marrow.

Please note that I cook the chicken in a pressure cooker until the bones crumble. I am - as any responsible dog owner should know - aware of the dangers of feeding dogs bones - any sort of bones whether chicken, lamb or beef.

I am not aware that Oil of Evening Primrose
is not good for health.

r u the girl that also went to the Kayu Nasi Kandar Chow Yang Gathering about a month ago?
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

TOPDOG
ALPHA

Sep 22, 2004, 4:10 AM

Post #24 of 134 (2108 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
My dogs.... all homecooked food hahhaa..... but then my shih tzu eats canned dogfood now with his homecooked food.... heard of Nature's Gift/Bark? This brand ah, after my shih tzu started on it can see his fur is getting shinier and looks more fluffy..... my other dogs eat homecooked food with vitamins and canola oil added..... The results is better stool, shiny coat and more muscle on the dog....

Brand of dry dog food... I still think Ekanuba is ok....Science diet.... ok lah.... Purina? Some dogs can get allergy from this brand but my shih tzu loves this brand, will turn his nose to any other brand of dry kibbles.....

u rear what type of dogs ler? Lab, shihtzu and 2 mixed isisit?
ROMEOW!!!!!!!!!!

chrisong
Doggyman

Sep 22, 2004, 4:39 AM

Post #25 of 134 (2101 views)
Shortcut

Hi Gus-Gus,

I think you are out of the topic. The topic is "WHAT BRAND of Dog Biscuit r u feeding ur dog?".Tongue

Hope that help.Tongue

Chrisong is the owner of BlushAmber, BlushAngel, BlushJoyJoy (Silky Terrier)Tongue

(This post was edited by chrisong on Sep 22, 2004, 4:41 AM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my