First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

anapsid
Novice

Sep 14, 2004, 11:30 PM

Post #1 of 61 (1010 views)
Shortcut
My New Golden Can't Post

hi everyone!! Smile

i'm totally new here.Tongue found this website in da newspaper. i just bought a Golden Retriever yesterday. He is so so adorable that i just had to get him.Blush This being my first doggie that i have to take care of it myself. I need help from all you guys for tips, do's n dont's, encouragement etc etc...Angelic

my GR is 7 weeks old and his name is benjamin. it's just the cutest lil' thingy that wants attention all the time. if u just leave him alone for a moment, he'll just make the sad noise. Unsure the only time that he doesnt need attention is when he is dead tired n sleepy. that's when i can get my rest too. hehehehe.Sly

cant wait to get home now to him. wonder how is doing at home?!?... sighUnsure

bye all!

anapsid Crazy & benjamin Cool

terryf

Sep 14, 2004, 11:43 PM

Post #2 of 61 (1007 views)
Shortcut
Re: [anapsid] My New Golden [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to this forum, do logon frequently and browse through all the subjects, you could learn a lots from them.

First thing you may consider to do is to read up some artichle about your doggie, then you could have a glance about your doggie.

Many things you wish your dog to do have to start training them when they are still at puppy time.

Terry

anapsid
Novice

Sep 15, 2004, 12:05 AM

Post #3 of 61 (1004 views)
Shortcut
Re: [terryf] My New Golden [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks terryf for the welcome.

yeah i heard have to start training when young. but then when they r young they so reluctant to follow your orders. then how to train them if they dun wanna listen to u?

anapsid Crazy & benjamin Cool

terryf

Sep 15, 2004, 12:13 AM

Post #4 of 61 (1001 views)
Shortcut

Anapsid,

Do drop by this sunday (5-6PM) at Taman Desa if you could, there is a traning class going on, you could observe yourself how it is.

You have to keep practice in order for the doggie to learn, you patient is most important.

Terry

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Sep 15, 2004, 12:30 AM

Post #5 of 61 (1000 views)
Shortcut

sound like u love and enjoy ur puppy soo much.. good on u!! have fun with ur puppy lah..

anything u need help just ask lah.. they will help u out.. me have a bulldog.. not a gr.. so special gr question i can't help u lu.. heheh anyway.. nice to meet u ya!

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Concorn
ALPHA

Sep 15, 2004, 12:43 AM

Post #6 of 61 (994 views)
Shortcut

A great welcome to the forum,

You will find there's lot of 'sifu' around here to give u tips on how to handle a puppy... no worry!! My name is Coco and m a beagle at 9 mths old now. Can say very notty and like to vandalise my master's belonging..heheheCrazyCrazyTongue I also like to make that 'whinning' sound when I need something. That's my trick... Say 'Hello' to Benjamin for me ya!!

coco & concornSmile

*Coco & Concorn*

** If It's Yours it happen to be Mine, But What Is Mine Is always Be Mine - Coco's Motto**

Coco Leng Lui Album
~ latest update Oct 02

anapsid
Novice

Sep 15, 2004, 1:25 AM

Post #7 of 61 (992 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Concorn] My New Golden [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks y'all for all the warm welcome. Smile it's certainly nice to know that i wont be alone in this.

where do u all normally get your dog food n accessories? which shop has good n very reasonable prices? what brand of food do u give you dogs? i'm using back to basic. wonder if it's good or not?Tongue

it's nearing 5:30 now... cant wait to knock off work to go back home n bring my lil benjamin out for a stroll! hehehe. Laugh

see ya guys tomorrow then.

Anapsid Crazy & Benjamin Cool

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 15, 2004, 2:05 AM

Post #8 of 61 (988 views)
Shortcut

hi anapsid and benjamin

welcome to the forum of doggy lovers.Smile make sure benjamin have complete all three vaccine and taken the heart gard tablet before bring him out. this is for safety purpose. and bring him out after all the mentioned task are done, for socialization. get him to socialize with other dogs.Smile make sure he do not eat any rubbish on the floor such as plastic, tissues, leaves, stones, etc.

anyway , have fun with your new puppy. btw, this is stan here with a 4 month and 9 days male beagle (henry). Tongue

musashi
ALPHA

Sep 15, 2004, 3:47 AM

Post #9 of 61 (983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] My New Golden [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

U keep on reminding ppl on the heart gurad,when was the last time Henry taken his heart guaard ? Did u mark the date ? It seems oredi due rite ?

Blush I am the man with dog's name

musashi
ALPHA

Sep 15, 2004, 3:50 AM

Post #10 of 61 (980 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.....so nice to know another member on board !

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 15, 2004, 3:54 AM

Post #11 of 61 (975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [musashi] My New Golden [In reply to] Can't Post

i know it is due, but i got no car to go vet and buy. some more today raining. don't worry, before henry go for jungle trekking, will let him take one. thanks ya. Smile

musashi
ALPHA

Sep 15, 2004, 4:18 AM

Post #12 of 61 (974 views)
Shortcut

wei.didi......

Don't forget ah...+ - how many days ? No car is not the excuse lah,ask Henry's Kong Kong go & buy lah...it's not expensive nowadays....Sly Henry's grandpa oso love him so much rite ?

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 15, 2004, 4:50 AM

Post #13 of 61 (967 views)
Shortcut

ahahaha. no money mah. ekekeke. dont' worry, will get the tab and give him before jungle trekking. Smile

silvrash
Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2004, 6:12 AM

Post #14 of 61 (957 views)
Shortcut

HII!!~~~WELCOME ABOARDWink!!!

WOW! a golden retriever~~cooollll~~~

I always wanted one, they have a very friendly and secure lookLaughbut its too expensive here Pirate earlier i saw one in a pet shop $3000 each, don hav so much $$$$$ Frown
www.wretch.cc/album/LilLiFashion

musashi
ALPHA

Sep 15, 2004, 6:22 AM

Post #15 of 61 (955 views)
Shortcut
Re: [silvrash] My New Golden [In reply to] Can't Post

RM3000 ? Petshop sure expensive lah.why not try to get from the Breeeder or someone you know directly..price will be 50% cheaper !

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Sep 15, 2004, 5:18 PM

Post #16 of 61 (948 views)
Shortcut

Hi welcome to the forum.

Golden is really a nice dog but need a lot of time to take care. Must not let your dog make too much noise. If they use to it they will make noise whenever he is bored or want to go out. Behaviour is important to watch out. Wink

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

Concorn
ALPHA

Sep 15, 2004, 5:39 PM

Post #17 of 61 (941 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

Well normally i'll get food from pet shop and the brand 'science diet'. All the food are control price not much diff. Well, it depend on your doggy too whether he accept and absorb the food good.

Before finish all the 3 jap, try not to bring benjamin out for play. It's not very safe for him to being expose to all sorts of environment at the moment. And remember do not let benjamin play or go near other dogs too during this few months. What MisterStan mentioned is right!!

concornSmile

*Coco & Concorn*

** If It's Yours it happen to be Mine, But What Is Mine Is always Be Mine - Coco's Motto**

Coco Leng Lui Album
~ latest update Oct 02

Bailey

Sep 15, 2004, 6:04 PM

Post #18 of 61 (939 views)
Shortcut

Hello,

Welcome Benjamin and owner to this forum.. Nice to see another doggy lover. I am also rather new to this forum and only had Bailey for a week and the half. Everyday during work I look forward to going back home to see her. I use Science Diet as I find that most dog owners recommend it. And so far Bailey loves it. I am sure you will have lots of fun with Benjamin just as how I am enjoying my time with Bailey. She is already nearly 5 months and she just completed her vaccination last weekend.

Puppy Power!

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

anapsid
Novice

Sep 15, 2004, 7:16 PM

Post #19 of 61 (934 views)
Shortcut

hi mr stan,

thanks for the advice. but wat does heart guard do? and how often should my puppy take it?

anapsid
Novice

Sep 15, 2004, 7:23 PM

Post #20 of 61 (930 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] My New Golden [In reply to] Can't Post

hi kitconnie,

i have a small room for Benjamin to sleep in. there's no door, just a fence to prevent him from coming out. but whenever i leave him inside, he'll keep on barking and making those sad noises. he is barking even in the middle of the night. so scared that my neighbours will complain.

i dunno what he wants. he gave him food n water but he still barks. he just dun wanna be alone. i dun wanna let him lose in the house becoz he is not toilet trained yet. wat should i do to make him stop le?

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 15, 2004, 7:23 PM

Post #21 of 61 (929 views)
Shortcut

no problem. glad to help. heart gard is to protect your puppies/dogs from bacteria/germs carried by mosquitios that were injected into the body. there are 2 type of heart gard - the tablets form and injection form. injection normally last for a year, and tablet is taken every month. normally tablet are sold in a pack of 6 around RM55-60. but advisable to go for tablet, as injection can cause fatal/death.

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Sep 15, 2004, 7:24 PM

Post #22 of 61 (927 views)
Shortcut

Hello and welcome to the forum! Wink

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

anapsid
Novice

Sep 15, 2004, 7:31 PM

Post #23 of 61 (921 views)
Shortcut

waa.... Shocked injection so dangerous wan ah? then i better buy tablets. i so wish to take him out for a walk but Benjamin only had his first vaccination. only end of this month i'm bringing him for his second. so i guess still must wait for another 2 months b4 i can bring him go walk walk with me... sigh... Unsure

can my benjamin take the heart gard b4 finishing all 3 of the vaccinations? or only after all the vaccination only can take it?

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 15, 2004, 7:34 PM

Post #24 of 61 (920 views)
Shortcut

i not too sure. but it is best if u complete all vaccinations first then only give him heart gard. normally vet will do that. do see your vet for advice. Smile

silvrash
Enthusiast

Sep 15, 2004, 7:58 PM

Post #25 of 61 (916 views)
Shortcut

Haii....but the problem is I don't know any local breeder. Don't think there's an GR breeder in miriUnsure

my dad though of asking my aunt to bring one back from australia when she comes back coz there got many breeder (cheaper)but donno how they charge the airfareCrazy???
www.wretch.cc/album/LilLiFashion

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my