Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
My Beloved BOB

thecorrs
Novice

Sep 10, 2004, 1:22 AM

Post #1 of 9 (1190 views)
Shortcut
My Beloved BOB Can't Post

I like this website - somewhere local pet lovers can chat. I am an animal lover but I the very sorrow pet lover. I just lost my BOB because of the "so CALL Famous DR" in KL insisted me to change to ProHeart (one year Heartworm prevention) my BOB has been fine with Heartgard Plus for quite sometime.

The manufacturer had recalled such a lousy product but why all profit orientated people in Town keep on promoting such product.

Check out the statement from the manufacturer itself:-

www.wyeth.com/news/Pressed_and_Released/pr09_03_2004_16_21_57.asp

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2004, 4:23 AM

Post #2 of 9 (1184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thecorrs] My Beloved BOB [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there,

sorry to hear about your Bob. well i think the vet also don't mean to do this kind of mistake. since heartgard so famous then why still want to change another brand.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Sep 10, 2004, 4:46 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1182 views)
Shortcut

so sorry to hear the bad news. taking the tablet seem to be more safe than taking injection. i also was advised by one of the member to take tablet. Frown may BOB rest in peace.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Sep 10, 2004, 5:00 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1181 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

warm welcome ot the forum ! sad to hear about ur BOB but care to explain in details on what exactly happen ? share more info so that others knows abt the terrible doctor lar.

cheers,
minglmy

jerome
Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2004, 9:05 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1167 views)
Shortcut

Hi there!

So sorry to hear about your loss too. There's been a lot of debate about this jab vs tablet heartworm prevention thing. Please do share your story, it would help some of us make the right/safer decision when it comes to heartworm prevention.By the way,may I know which area is this famous doctor at? Just the area will do,no names.Thank you.

Is bob one of the puppies on your avatar picture?

(This post was edited by jerome on Sep 10, 2004, 9:36 AM)

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Sep 10, 2004, 2:10 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1153 views)
Shortcut

So sorry to hear about BOB.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Sep 10, 2004, 5:38 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1144 views)
Shortcut

Hello and Welcome... so sorry to hear about your loss..... poor Bob......Frown

My vet actually told us about this one year heartworm prevention thong but he told us better to use the normal heartguard....The one year prevention is more for dogs that live in country or kampung and the brand that they use is a different brand, not ProHeart. Sigh... vets these days....more to making money than helping.......

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

phoenix
K9 Kaki

Sep 10, 2004, 8:33 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1126 views)
Shortcut

Hello and welcome!!

Sad to hear about Bob. Maybe you can tell us more about this famous vet? I'm sure all members would like to know what happened.

"The reason a dog has so many friends, is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue"
- Anonymous

The Poisoned One speaks

ladee_m
Doggyman

Sep 11, 2004, 12:12 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1108 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

Welcome... so sorry to hear about your precious lost Unsure... I hope you'll get feel better soon... memories is what you have to hold...

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my