First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 28, 2003, 8:08 AM

Post #51 of 70 (1788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopydog] Pre-Novice Obedience [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Snoopydog and Arthur,

Can i know where is this Kiara forest reserve? Is it near Tmn Rimba Kiara at TTDI or is it near Mont Kiara or is there another kiara place over here? The pic Arthur posted looks good...I used to take Biscuit hiking in Pg but since we moved here we haven't really been anywhere for his exercise (except for KK of course Wink)....wud love to take him for a walk/hike at this place.

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 28, 2003, 8:19 AM

Post #52 of 70 (1787 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Pre-Novice Obedience [In reply to] Can't Post

hi arthur,

hahaaa... the last pic looks really cute! does she always wear jammies and hug pillows for real :D ?

kbs
Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2003, 6:58 PM

Post #53 of 70 (1782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Pre-Novice Obedience [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Gina,

Do you know where is IBM building? Or Southern Bank drive-tru building in Taman Tun? On ur way to IBM building after the turn off from Jln Damansara, IBM building will be on ur right, you go straight and you will see the pink color apartment on ur left, after that you turn left, go straight and not far (about 100m), you will see a turning on ur right, take the turn and follow ur left lane, you will see a parking space there, you can park ur car there and walk up.. that is the place.

Regards,
KBS

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 28, 2003, 8:03 PM

Post #54 of 70 (1776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kbs] Pre-Novice Obedience [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi kbs,

Thanks! I know where the southern bank drive thru is but not sure where the IBM building is...but it's ok, my bf knows....thanks...will check this place out soon.

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2003, 10:13 PM

Post #55 of 70 (1768 views)
Shortcut

Hi ginl,

It's quite easy to find. Just follow KBS's directions, and you'll find it. Many doggie owners walk their dogs there. So far, I've seen 3 JRTs, 2MS, 1 Westie, 1 Bull Mastiff, MixBreeds, 1 Chihuahua, couple of GRs, Labs, ASTs etc. etc. But no beagles Unsure. I think that place is the perfect alternative to hiking. Better yet, the path is tarred all the way. So, in a way, it's much cleaner than actual hiking Sly. No need to clean those dirty paws Cool! Heehee.Laugh. Hope to bump into you, James and biscuit there Wink.

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 29, 2003, 12:17 AM

Post #56 of 70 (1761 views)
Shortcut

3 JRTs huh? Smile....wow didn't realise so many owners take their dogs there...will definately check the place out...but most likely will hv to be after CNY coz we'll be going back to Pg this weekend....thanks and yes i agree, tar roads will be a better option...when i took Biscuit for hiking using jungle trail, he tends to go very fast and he likes to zig zag around the trees all the time nose on the ground sniffing away so i had to always keep an eye on him at the same time watch my step so i don't fall and roll down the hill Crazy....if we go i'll keep a look out for you and Bodhi....u usually go during the weekend yes?

kbs
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2003, 1:23 AM

Post #57 of 70 (1757 views)
Shortcut

Hi Gina,

I have brought snuffy up there twice when she was about 7 - 8 months old. That time, she was pulling me up there most of the time as she only wanted to run and smell. I could not keep up with her pace and almost out of breath somewhere in the mid way. Pirate

Anyway, that is a good place to walk doggy and I have even seen ppl riding horse up that hill a few times. Actually, it would be good maybe all of us can meet up one day and walk the hill together? Snuffy is really lack of walking training nowadays.

Regards,
KBS

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 29, 2003, 1:37 AM

Post #58 of 70 (1753 views)
Shortcut

heheh i know what u mean....taking them hiking is very tiring for us coz we hv to keep up with them and that is not easy if u hv a dog who just wants to go his/her own way!

Yah that's a great idea to meet up together for the walk...perhaps we can set a date during one of the weekends....after CNY hopefully Smile

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2003, 1:39 AM

Post #59 of 70 (1753 views)
Shortcut

Hi ginl,

Yes, we usually go during the weekends. If I wake up early (say, around 7am Crazy), I'll drag my wife and Bodhi out from their dreams all the way there Sly. If not, we go around 5pm (sometimes earlier if it's cloudy). Which part of Penang you from? My wife is a Penangite (Tg Tokong). If all's well, we should be in Penang from Sunday onwards Cool...but I really dread the infamous traffic jams during festive seasons Frown. So, we usually stay at home (boring boring)Unsure.

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2003, 1:48 AM

Post #60 of 70 (1751 views)
Shortcut

Hi kbs,

Good idea Smile . Arthur also suggested something similar - a miniwalk. Wow, Bodhi will be so excited seeing so many doggie friends and pull & pull & pull. She's quite fit I must say and that place is heaven for beagles in terms of scent factor. You know that "yellow line" on the road all the way up the middle part? Well, Bodhi can stick her nose on that line all the way to the end. Amazing isn't it Crazy?

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2003, 1:54 AM

Post #61 of 70 (1748 views)
Shortcut

Hi arthur,

"Clockwise" for me is to take the first left when reach halfway point and end with the long upwards climb back to the halfway point. So you've tried it! Good eh? Btw, the halfway point is quite good for obedience practice because it's so busy. But only problem is people will watch. At my current standard, MALU-lahBlush.

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 29, 2003, 1:56 AM

Post #62 of 70 (1747 views)
Shortcut

7am??? LOL you're very hardworking lor....we are not morning ppl so evening usually works for us best Wink

Both James and i are frm Green Lane area....we'll be leaving for Pg on Fri...yah i know the traffic is always crazy around this time so better be careful coz the accident rates are also very high around this time....so you'll be joining the Pg gathering then?

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2003, 2:22 AM

Post #63 of 70 (1743 views)
Shortcut

Won't be joining the Pg gathering coz we're leaving Pg before that Frown. Anyway, Bodhi's not coming with us to Pg. Nowhere secure to keep her at my in-laws Frown.

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 29, 2003, 4:09 AM

Post #64 of 70 (1742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Pre-Novice Obedience [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hunter,

Thks for the compliment. Yes, Pepper girl wear jammies to sleep most of the time. Nowadays she just curl up and sleep with her head resting on the pillow...

Rdgs Arthur

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 29, 2003, 4:23 AM

Post #65 of 70 (1740 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ivan,

Yeah..I've tried itUnsure.. Both clockwise and anti-clockwise. Good workout for both owner and doggie.. What do you guys think of the mini-walk on Saturday 22nd Feb 5pm. We meet at the gates at the foothills and start up with a warm up walk up to the halfway point. Rest a bit, and proceed down the slope before ending back up at the halfway point. If we take it slow, maybe it'll take an hour or so to complete the course.

Some things to consider:

1. Wear good walking shoes. Your feet will thank you for it.

2. All furkids must be on leash. And bring paper/plastic to clean up after our doggies.

3. Be prepared to carry your furkid if it tires out early in the trail. You can rest at the halfway point.

4. Bring your own water for yourself and the furkids.

Let's see the response and if it's good, we may have to spin off this thread on its own. Smile

Rdgs Arthur

ginl
ALPHA

Jan 29, 2003, 7:53 AM

Post #66 of 70 (1720 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for suggesting a date...we'll be there walking shoes and all Smile

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2003, 4:21 PM

Post #67 of 70 (1719 views)
Shortcut

The proposed date is OK with me. I'm in Smile.

kbs
Enthusiast

Jan 29, 2003, 6:23 PM

Post #68 of 70 (1714 views)
Shortcut

Hi Arthur,

Count me in too for the mini-walk! I will be there with Archie and Snuffy..

Regards,
KBS

luckey
ALPHA

Jan 31, 2003, 10:03 AM

Post #69 of 70 (1699 views)
Shortcut

oh you mean you walk on the kiara trail? (the one that leads off from bukit kiara?) hey maybe we can do a dog hilly walkathon there one day! Smile

yes they are developing the bottom of that hill a little bit, but the trail is now reopened, you can just walk past the cranes and workmen. The road itself has not been touched.

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Jan 31, 2003, 5:29 PM

Post #70 of 70 (1697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Pre-Novice Obedience [In reply to] Can't Post

I drove past the Kiara trail yesterday and had a good look at the construction signboard. Apparently, they are constructing a lowrise building for a charitable organisation, BAKTI.....just for everyone's info Smile.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my