Home: Behavioral Problems: Eating Poo & Licking Pee:
drinking wee wee

Shiraz
Novice

Jan 20, 2003, 1:36 AM

Post #1 of 13 (17506 views)
Shortcut
drinking wee wee Can't Post

is there any concern if Shiraz takes a few laps of her own ( hmmmm) wee wee. izzit cause it is sweet ? then WHY is it sweet ? i am not feeding her any sugar / honey etc. Should i see the vet ? i can;t seem to find any information re this on the net.

luckey
ALPHA

Jan 20, 2003, 6:41 AM

Post #2 of 13 (17497 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shiraz] drinking wee wee [In reply to] Can't Post

never heard of dogs drinking wee, poo-eating yes, but not wee drinking. Did you smell it? Was it sweet? does she do it all the time, or did she only do it once?

Shiraz
Novice

Jan 21, 2003, 6:52 AM

Post #3 of 13 (17486 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] drinking wee wee [In reply to] Can't Post

its not all the time. sometimes she will ignore it, other times, she will sniff and take one little lick. but that day, she was lapping it up ?!! if i see her doing it now, i will say no no and beat her bottom. will be seeing the vet on sunday so will ask him. keep you posted.

astrojulie
Novice

Jan 21, 2003, 7:57 AM

Post #4 of 13 (17484 views)
Shortcut

Well.. you shouldn't BEAT her, jsut say NO and maybe give her a slight tap on the bottom to nudge her away, but never BEAT her, taht won't help!
~Many Good Dog Years!~

buttons
Dog Kichi

Jan 21, 2003, 9:59 AM

Post #5 of 13 (17482 views)
Shortcut

hi shiraz

my min pincher drinks (male) my other dogs(female) wee wee.... i duno y.....but he keeps doin it....

Shiraz
Novice

Jan 21, 2003, 9:02 PM

Post #6 of 13 (17473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [astrojulie] drinking wee wee [In reply to] Can't Post

hihi, got you worried did i ? dun worry, what i mean is a small piak piak. i dun abuse Shiraz. she is my BABY.Sly

Shiraz
Novice

Jan 21, 2003, 9:04 PM

Post #7 of 13 (17473 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buttons] drinking wee wee [In reply to] Can't Post

strange rite ? something in the wee wee tastes good ? will ask vet on sunday and update you all (hope he tells me something useful)

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Jan 23, 2003, 8:12 PM

Post #8 of 13 (17457 views)
Shortcut

JOJO do that as well.. can u let us know what the vet advises?
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 24, 2003, 5:42 AM

Post #9 of 13 (17449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] drinking wee wee [In reply to] Can't Post

hhmmpphh. heard of eating poo poo but not really wee wee Crazy.. somehow, my dog doesn't even want to touch her wee wee after she has done her business as we paper train her.. if the paper is wet and hasn't been changed, she will get nasty and do her business else where... she do not recycle! ha! ha!Smile

Shiraz
Novice

Jan 26, 2003, 7:24 PM

Post #10 of 13 (17436 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaz] drinking wee wee [In reply to] Can't Post

okie. vets answer is clear. if still a puppy, then probably curious. they dun have hands, so they put everything into mouth. usually at this age, no worries abt diabetes since they are still growing. correct the habit when you see it happening. only adult dog need to worry, and need to see if there are other signs typical of diabetes ( check net ), must send for lab test to confirm. For owners, vet advised ( without me having to ask ) to be put on heartworm and frontline ( she said the best ). Frontline spray is safe for puppies but the neck application only for older dogs. Ticks can cause bad problems for our doggies. Also, those who want to spay, do below 2 years old.

shyeow2
Canine Addict

Jan 27, 2003, 7:57 AM

Post #11 of 13 (17432 views)
Shortcut

oh.. thank youSmile
Frown Frown Visit My Blogs!! http://peonythestormrider.blogspot.com/
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.comFrownFrown

Shiraz
Novice

Jan 29, 2003, 3:32 AM

Post #12 of 13 (17420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shyeow2] drinking wee wee [In reply to] Can't Post

AnytimeWink. Let me know if you have any more questions, i have one more visit to vet for 3rd jab on 26 Feb.

AB
New User

Feb 19, 2008, 12:28 AM

Post #13 of 13 (14856 views)
Shortcut

Oh..my shih tzu oso licks her own wee wee but not everytime la...She'll do that when she likes...I'm also curious y she did that....Never came into my mind that it is a sign of sickness or anything...Whenever she starts to lick, I'll just shoo her off...She's paper trained...So at times when we didn't realise, she'll just lick...Do i need to send her to the vet?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my