IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: General Dog Health and Care:
dee dee picky on food,help!

barry

Aug 21, 2004, 2:58 AM

Post #1 of 8 (2337 views)
Shortcut
dee dee picky on food,help! Can't Post

She wouldn't eat her dog food but she got appetite for others.She is allergy to chicken,so no boiled chicken breast.Do any one have a clue how to make your dog eat their dog food?I'm feeding her science diet at the moment. It is very important for her to eat at this recovery stage.

(This post was edited by barry on Aug 21, 2004, 3:00 AM)

JolinG
Doggyman

Aug 22, 2004, 8:22 AM

Post #2 of 8 (2267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barry] dee dee picky on food,help! [In reply to] Can't Post

i have recommended a few ppl to try malted kelp tablets.......

petsafari sells them........their are appetite stimulants.....it really works...Smile

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 23, 2004, 2:51 PM

Post #3 of 8 (2233 views)
Shortcut

Maybe you can try with some nice can food mix with the dry food. She might like it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

stoberi
Novice

Oct 8, 2004, 11:30 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2124 views)
Shortcut

Hi.. hmm fifi used to be picky like ur dee dee too. Come to think of it..SHE STILL IS LIKE DAT!Laugh but then i found "royal canin".. its expensive la.. but she loves it.They come in very cute shapes too hehehe!! last time i intro her to science diet but she dun seem to like it.

No matter what try not to feed her food we humans eat. for doggies its best for them to have dry food.Wink

Pops
Novice

Oct 11, 2004, 12:51 AM

Post #5 of 8 (2114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stoberi] dee dee picky on food,help! [In reply to] Can't Post

i have the same problem too because the vet recommended Eukanuba dog biscuits i tried to mix it with canned food and she likes it only for one day

thought maybe too hard for her mixed with warm water and got the biscuits soft also she wont touch much

so whats the problem? is it because of the Dish too deep? hard to eat? even the nutrigel that she use to like now she dont like

but she's still very active and healthy how ?

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 11, 2004, 7:21 AM

Post #6 of 8 (2112 views)
Shortcut

Hello ...

You do not say what your dog is recovering from? ... Is she just recoverying from an allegery attack?

To increase appetite & aid recovery ... will suggest the following:

(A) Add BARF or freshly prepared food to her diet ... If you cannot use chicken ... then there is always beef, mutton/lamb, cooked pork or even fish ...

You can try the following:

Get some good/clean mince beef from the supermarket ... and mix the raw mince beef straight into the kibble (add a tablespoon of honey if you wish) and feed ...

If you do not wish to feed raw ...

Boil a little water, add beef and cook for about 30second, remove from heat & add a tablespoon of olive oil, mix well - add to the kibble and feed ...

You can also the same with lamb or muttion mince ... or with beef or pig liver (with pig liver, cook a longer) ... When feeding offal (organ meat), do not feed everyday, twice a week will be enough, you can alternate with other meats and parts.

(B) If your dog likes fruits ... chop very fine or mince apples, oranges, pears, bananas ... etc, add a little honey ... & mix all into the kibblefor variety.

Cheers

Pops
Novice

Oct 12, 2004, 7:21 AM

Post #7 of 8 (2093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] dee dee picky on food,help! [In reply to] Can't Post

lol sounds like something from Chef Wan

fruits? thats something new i'll try some of your secret recipes hehe thx

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 12, 2004, 7:37 AM

Post #8 of 8 (2091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pops] dee dee picky on food,help! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Just remember that a dog's digestive system is not designed to digest large pieces of fruit or vegetables ... If you wish to give fruits/roots/veggie, suggest the following:

(a) FIRST & MOST IMPORTNT ... research the net and find out what fruits/veg can be safely consumed by dogs ... For example: onions, grapes and advocados are NOT good for dogs. While garlic in moderation is recommended, too much garlic is not good for dogs.

(b) You should either boil your vegetables/roots (eg: carrots, pumpkin, turnips, cabbage etc) until soft or if you wish to feed raw - then chop until very fine or use a blender to make into puree before feeding. Same with fruits, chop or blend before feeding.

Cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my