Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
how 2 kip ur dog stink-free...

young_princess
Novice

Aug 17, 2004, 1:54 AM

Post #1 of 16 (3121 views)
Shortcut
how 2 kip ur dog stink-free... Can't Post

how do u ellimin8 dat smell... its rily bothering me... Ive already tried those vitamins w/c lessen the odor bt stil no effect... pls help! tnx!

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 17, 2004, 3:29 PM

Post #2 of 16 (3101 views)
Shortcut
Re: [young_princess] how 2 kip ur dog stink-free... [In reply to] Can't Post

What kind of odour you are refering to? Maybe you can try feeding your dog apple cider to reduce body odour and also the bad smell from the mouth.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ? , ":./
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

young_princess
Novice

Aug 17, 2004, 7:59 PM

Post #3 of 16 (3091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kitconnie78] how 2 kip ur dog stink-free... [In reply to] Can't Post

i cant describe th odor.... dog odor...Wink

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 17, 2004, 8:41 PM

Post #4 of 16 (3086 views)
Shortcut

Giving apple cider will help. Mix it with the drinking water until the water turn a little yellowish. That why will help to reduce any odour. The food you feed your dog also will promote body odour. Give dry food is much better. California Natural is a good dog food in reducing ordour.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)
Cool kitconnie78 is the owner of Blush Bibi, Smile Eden, Minmin (Silky Terrier), Tongue Momo (M. Schnaunzer) Laugh Gobi (pug) Sly Magic (Border Collie) and Frown Ariel

young_princess
Novice

Aug 17, 2004, 9:56 PM

Post #5 of 16 (3075 views)
Shortcut

ok tnx! I'll try dat... wat shampoo do u think is gud 4 elliminating odors?

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2004, 2:52 PM

Post #6 of 16 (3063 views)
Shortcut

I am sure any shampoo can get rid of odour. The different in shampoo is good shampoo promote good hair quality for the dog. Low quality shampoo damages dog's hair. What type of shampoo are you using?

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

young_princess
Novice

Aug 18, 2004, 7:45 PM

Post #7 of 16 (3056 views)
Shortcut

my dog's shampoo is a herbal shampoo...Smile

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2004, 9:54 PM

Post #8 of 16 (3050 views)
Shortcut

When using shampoo becareful of herbal or medicated shampoo. Some dog has sensitive skins and will cause skin problem. Must also use conditioner to keep the coat properly without getting tangle up. What is the brand by the way?

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

blue-eden
Novice

Aug 19, 2004, 11:45 PM

Post #9 of 16 (2997 views)
Shortcut

For temporary relief try using baby powder - apply and bursh thoroughly. Now your doggie will smell like a fresh clean baby... for a while at least Laugh

blue-eden

thedogghouse
Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2004, 6:19 AM

Post #10 of 16 (2975 views)
Shortcut

it might be the ear problem that caused the body ador. try to bath your dog the max twice a week or you can try medicated shampoo. does your dog have any flakes? skin problem might cause all these problems. herbal shampoo is good because the nice smell will stay very long.

young_princess
Novice

Aug 20, 2004, 6:53 PM

Post #11 of 16 (2959 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
When using shampoo becareful of herbal or medicated shampoo. Some dog has sensitive skins and will cause skin problem. Must also use conditioner to keep the coat properly without getting tangle up. What is the brand by the way?

happy paws herbal shampoo...Smile

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 20, 2004, 6:55 PM

Post #12 of 16 (2956 views)
Shortcut

As long as the shampoo doesn't do any harm to the skin of the dog then its fine. #1 all systems shampoo is a very good dog shampoo. You might want to try it on your dog.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

lynn1157
Novice

Aug 21, 2004, 9:05 AM

Post #13 of 16 (2904 views)
Shortcut

i've tried feeding my shih tzu apple cider(mixed with a lot of water). but she refuses to drink. any idea?

a_evie
Doggyman

Aug 22, 2004, 2:42 AM

Post #14 of 16 (2857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lynn1157] how 2 kip ur dog stink-free... [In reply to] Can't Post

go easy for starters. make it real diluted...or...hehe..i tricked shalom with honey and apple cider vinegar and gradually over 2 weeks...took out the honey..so these days its only cider vinegar and water.

kitconnie78
ALPHA

Aug 23, 2004, 2:38 PM

Post #15 of 16 (2797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lynn1157] how 2 kip ur dog stink-free... [In reply to] Can't Post

Just try to leave for some time she will get use to it. My dog I feed her with apple cider even since she is 7 weeks old. So it will take some time for her to get the taste of it. Try to watch out. If the dog doesn't drink for a long time will fall sick.

~*~*~*~*~*~*
|<('.'.)>
| (._0)
| ;];]c_)

Sydney
Doggyman

Aug 30, 2004, 12:30 AM

Post #16 of 16 (2717 views)
Shortcut

i quess u can spray some stink free stuff on the dogs fur but find 1 which dont get the dog naked.Wink

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my