Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Skin Conditions and Diseases:
Mange

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next page Last page  View All

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 7, 2004, 3:52 AM

Post #301 of 341 (15638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fred] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Try the vet clinic in Damansara Heights at Medan Damansara ... cannot miss ... only one there ...

You can find sea salt in Cold Storage Bangsar (I think) ... try the larger supermarkets ...

Use Search function and key in the word "lemon" ... the correct way to prepare a lemon solution has been posted in the Mange thread ...

Cheers

fred
Novice

Aug 7, 2004, 4:05 AM

Post #302 of 341 (15637 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a million, i'll try this out.......

fred
Novice

Aug 8, 2004, 12:40 AM

Post #303 of 341 (15620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meidy] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, from the picture u posted isit due to mange ? its quite serious hor.......

fred
Novice

Aug 10, 2004, 11:38 PM

Post #304 of 341 (15608 views)
Shortcut

Hi, i've bring my doggie to the vet today and its confirm demo mange sigh.......CrazyPirate, i bought this adult dog from a breeder leh....so do u think its wise to return this little fellow to the breeder ???? I donno they will give me back my $$ or not sighhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! feel like end of the world liao........really headache now Crazy

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2004, 12:07 AM

Post #305 of 341 (15602 views)
Shortcut

Sorry ... but am not sure why you feel that it's the end of the world ...

Do you love your dog? ... That is probably the only question to be asked ...

If you love your dog ... then dermo mange is just something you will deal with ... It is not life threatening to your dog, it's a condition that can be made better with proper understanding and knowledge ... It doesn't make your dog less worthy of being loved ...

Just check the threads and the internet, and you will realise that its very possible to manage and treat dermo mange successfully ...

If you don't love your dog ... then that's a whole different matter ...

If you don't love your dog, then yes, dermo mange can be an issue ... and dermo mange may be too much trouble to contend with ...

If you don't love your dog ... then give the dog back to the breeder ... Whether you get your money back or not is is really moot ... or give your dog to someone who is prepared to care for the little fella & his mange ...

While you did pay money for your dog (as you would have, if you bought another commodity) ... unlike other commodities or thing ... a dog is well capable (in a dog kinda way) of returning your loyalty and your love ... a dog is capable of feeling sad and happy ... a dog has life ...

The only question you have to ask is ... when you bought the dog, did you also commit yourself to this life you purchased? Or did you just buy a thing?

All the best. Decide wisely ... with your heart.

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Aug 11, 2004, 12:09 AM)

fred
Novice

Aug 11, 2004, 12:23 AM

Post #306 of 341 (15598 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for ur fast reply bro. I've decide to keep him but the cost for the treatment is very high and this mange will keep on coming back as what the vet told me. Now this little fella got mange, fungus and bacteria all in secondary stage liao......donno what to doCrazy.

Actually this is my 1st time mah....1st time already kena liao.....really no mood lor. If its u i think u oso will sad, rite ?

MadMad

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2004, 12:51 AM

Post #307 of 341 (15594 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

In many ways ... we do know what it is like ... as they say ... "been there done that" ... Your situation is not so different from what happened to us, with our first dog ... Our first dog (bought from a pet shop) also had dermo mange, she had a blood infection and bad skin condition ... she was undersized (which we didn't know then) ... she was sick ...

We found out when we took her to the vet ...

First, there was anger ... and frustration with being sold a dog that was not well, not healthy ... we felt cheated ...

Then there was fear of the unknown ... not knowing what to do ... where to turn ... how to look after a sick dog ... we felt lost ... The vet we saw filled us with horror stories about how bad & difficult it could be ... etc ...

And then we asked ourselves the "question" ... the very same question posted in my post above ... And we came to an answer ... we have never regretted it since ... It took effort and time but our dog is now healthy, happy and we belong to each other ... If you keep the dog healthy and strong, with good immunity system (through good food & exercise) ... dermo mange can be kept away.

But it is a very personal and private question ... and each individual must find his or her own answer ... The only thing I can say is - listen to your heart ...

If you choose to keep the dog ... that is good ... But if you truely feel that you cannot manage or keep the dog ... then maybe consider giving the dog to a person who can help the dog ... Perhaps returning the dog to a breeder who bred such a dog in the first place - may not be such a good idea ...

All the best

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Aug 11, 2004, 1:43 AM)

fred
Novice

Aug 11, 2004, 1:10 AM

Post #308 of 341 (15590 views)
Shortcut

Bro, thanks for sharing what u've experienced b4. So sad to hear that too sighhhhhh........i'll take your advice to keep him healthy. I'll try my best to help this fella but those vets telling me a lot of scary things lar....this makes me no confidence liao lor. Lucky u r here....hehehehe.

If in future u have any new remedies, can u pls share with me ??? thanks in advance bro...... I'll try those remedies u've posted earlier, hope this will help.

fred
Novice

Aug 11, 2004, 1:19 AM

Post #309 of 341 (15588 views)
Shortcut

Hope this will help some.........

TREATING DEMODECTIC MANGE NATURALLY

Demodectic Mange (Demodex canis), also called Red Mange, is a non-contagious skin disease caused by a tiny, eight-legged parasitic mite that lives in the hair follicles and skin glands of dogs. Puppies are infected with mites from contact with the skin of their mother while nursing. The disease is seen in two forms:

· Localized mange, which is confined to a few small areas such as the face or front feet,
and is relatively easy to treat, occurs in puppies under one year of age.

· Generalized mange is much more severe, and treatment is not always successful.

Most dogs have a microscopic mite population hitching a ride on their body, but the dog's immune system handles it all very nicely. When the immune system is no longer able to control the mites, they begin multiplying, then attacking. It is thought that dogs infected with demodectic mange are immunodeficient. In other words, they are not able to fight off the mites like a healthy dog would. Heredity is believed to play a part in dogs that show signs of demodectic mange so it is strongly recommended that infected dogs be spayed or neutered. Signs of disease appear only when mites reproduce unchecked and occur in unnaturally high numbers. Outbreaks are seen around the eyes, lips and/or lower limbs when the numbers of these mites increase.

Because the immune system does not mature until 12-18 months of age, a dog with demodectic mange may have relapses until that age. It is important for treatment to begin promptly to minimize the possibility of developing uncontrollable problems. Demodectic mange in dogs over 2 years of age is classified as adult-onset, and usually occurs secondary to an underlying cause. Successful treatment of adult-onset mange relies upon identifying and correcting the underlying cause. Dogs with immune suppression due to illnesses like hypothyroid disease, and Cushing's disease, are also candidates for demodectic mange. Demodectic mange may also occur in very old dogs because function of the immune system often declines with age.

Some dogs infected with demodectic mange may have secondary skin infections. The skin becomes dry, crusty, and brittle, it will ooze serum, blood or pus. A strong, offensive skin odor may be present due to a bacterial infection. The secondary infection responds to antibiotics like cephalexin or clavamox.

Conventional treatment depends upon the severity of the disease. Generally, veterinarians recommend treatment with a dip containing Amitraz. The dip is repeated every 7-10 days. Although the dog may respond well to the dip and look normal, dipping must be continued until negative skin scrapings are found consistently for a few weeks. The dipping may have side effects. Sleepiness and itching are common for 24 hours after the dip. Some dogs many experience decreased body temperature, vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of appetite, excitability, staggering, or other personality changes. If any of these side effects occur you should contact your veterinarian immediately.

Amitraz can reduce the function of the hypothalamus, which helps regulate the body's metabolism by controlling hormone release in the body. In animal studies, amitraz caused episodes of increased aggression, as well as some central nervous system depression. In addition to the dip, to treat more generalized cases of mange, many veterinarians are now prescribing daily doses of Eqvalan, which is liquid ivermectin. Dr. Jean Dodds has written extensively about ivermectin as a trigger for immune-mediated diseases. Ivermectin should not be used in combination with Amitraz dip nor with Amitraz tick prevention collars. These medicines are all members of the monoamine oxidase inhibitor group; when they are used together their effects combine together creating sedation and adverse neurologic effects.

Conventional treatments do work but at what expense to your dog's health? Since conventional veterinary medicine relies heavily on a highly toxic method of treatment, and suppressed immune function is the cause of demodectic outbreaks, you should consider an alternative. Using a combination of natural diet, vitamins, minerals and herbs, you support the immune system while treating the skin.

Food selection:

Immune suppressed dogs require a high quality, all natural food. Select a raw food diet, a cooked diet, or an ultra premium dry food with lots of raw pulverized vegetables. Select organically grown vegetables or use one of the pesticide cleaners available in supermarkets for use on fruits and vegetables. Add leafy dark green vegetables, cruciferous vegetables — broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, watercress, bok choy, and carrots (carrots should be blanched one minute to release the carotenes). If you feed raw foods, increase the veggies.

To each meal: sprinkle a teaspoon of sesame seed oil--on the food. This is an important oil for immune function and skin repair. Also add a variety of dried sea vegetables like wakami, nori, dulce and kelp. The sea vegetables should be offered at least 4-5 days a week or even every day if your Akita likes it. Feed fish, boneless poached or canned fish. Do not use tuna, tuna and swordfish are laden with mercury; sardines, salmon, mackerel or fresh water fish are good choices. When giving fish, cook some white rice and mix with the fish. Avoid grains like wheat or rye--rice, barley and oats are okay.

NO VACCINES. Not even one. The immune system in these dogs is already severely stressed; they do not need additional viral components circulating in the blood. Stop using all chemicals including dips, flea/tick spot-ons, pills, or flea collars. You are attempting to reinstate immune function not add to the collective damage.

The following supplements are for the immune system and should be given daily. If you find a product that combines these antioxidants in one capsule, use it:

· Zinc: 50mg (chelated type)
· Selenium: 200mcg (There is a product called Selene E from Twinlabs. It contains
the right amount of selenium and Vitamin E)
· Vitamin E: 400 IU twice daily
· Cod liver oil capsules: 3 gel caps twice daily
· One gel cap daily: 25,000 IU of Marine carotene (it is available in health food
stores—another Twinlabs product.
· Vitamin C with bioflavonoids: start at 500mg and work up to 3,000mg by increasing in
increments of 500mg weekly. If your dog develops a loose stool, back off by 500mg
and maintain the level.
· Nutritional yeast: one tablespoon daily
· Lecithin granules: one teaspoon daily
· Milk thistle: follow directions on bottle for an adult human.
· One-half teaspoon of bee pollen (optional but great nutrients)
· Hokamix 30, a vitamin/mineral/herbal supplement: follow directions on container

The following herbs are to boost her immune system and fight bacterial infections. Wherever possible purchase organic herbs that are "Standardized."

· Olive Leaf Extract: Follow directions on bottle.
· Astragulus: Follow directions on bottle.
· Cat's Claw: Follow directions on bottle.
· Kyolic garlic: Follow directions on bottle.
· Pau d'Arco: 4 capsules twice daily.
· Grapefruit Seed Extract Capsules or tablets: 225mg daily.
· Flax seed oil (organic) gel caps: one twice daily.
· Plant based digestive enzymes available at health food stores. Give two
capsules per meal.

Add a few tablespoons of plain yogurt to each meal or give acidophilus supplements. It is very important to maintain good intestinal bacteria when fighting parasites.

Homeopathics: Do not touch the pellets with your hand, simply twist or shake them into the little cap and pour into the dog’s mouth:

· Sulphur 6X: one tablet in am and one in pm: use for 10 days.
· Silica

FOR THE TOPICAL TREATMENTS: Consider the degree of sensitivity of the open sores. If your dog is very sore and sensitive, you can give two valerian capsules an hour before you use the solutions. It is an herbal tranquilizer-very safe-that will take the edge off and make the dog more comfortable. After a few days, she won't need valerian because she will begin to heal enough to treat without help. If the inflamed skin is severe, ask your veterinarian for lidocaine spray and use it sparingly to control surface pain before applying topical treatment. Pain adds stress and stress should be avoided. You should experiment to find the most effective solution with the least discomfort. Start carefully with a dilution to see how much your dog can tolerate.

Purchase the herbs as liquid extracts; the grapefruit seed extract is available as a liquid.

Topical treatment #1

Mix a combination of one part lavender oil, one part Neem oil, to 9 parts almond oil. Apply to
sores and infected areas once or twice daily.

Topical treatment #2

Mix ten drops of yellow dock extract with ten drops of Echinacea extract, dilute with four ounces of distilled water and apply. Yellow dock is effective as an itch treatment. Other herbs that help with itching are calendula and aloe vera.

Topical Treatment #3

Make up a mixture of three tablespoons fresh lemon juice mixed with two ounces of witch hazel and four ounces of distilled water: Add 10 drops of grapefruit seed extract and six drops each of tea tree oil, golden seal root, olive leaf extract, and pau d'arco. Keep away from the eyes. Spray or dab onto sores once a day.

After each application each case, allow the topical solutions to dry.

The following Bach Remedies are an adjunct to this program: Bach remedies are flower extracts that help with the psychological effects of disease and emotional upsets. Combine equal parts of the following remedies into one dark glass bottle, and a small amount of distilled water. Keep the remedies in a cool dark place. Add about 15 drops to the water bowl daily:

· Agrimony
· Crab Apple
· Cherry Plum
· Walnut
· Beech

NO DRUGS. NO CHEMICALS. NO DIPS. Each of these will further damage the immune system.

It is difficult if not impossible to get an accurate reading of thyroid function when the dog is ill with demodectic mange. This is especially true when dips and biocides are used initially as a treatment. To assist the immune system in recovery, I suggest starting a trial with Soloxine. Soloxine does not shut down thyroid function it assists the gland by adding hormone to the bloodstream. Once the dog is well, you can stop the Soloxine and if the dog had normal thyroid function prior to the demodectic event, the gland will resume the same level of function after thirty days. The danger is not using thyroid hormone replacement in a dog with hypothyroid disease and since accurate testing is difficult under the circumstances, using Soloxine by Daniels is recommended. Of course, discuss all of this with your veterinarian or seek out a homeopathic veterinarian. A list of homeopathic veterinarians is available at: www.altvetmed.com/ahvmadir.html

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2004, 1:36 AM

Post #310 of 341 (15585 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

One thing though ... find a good vet to give you & your dog support ... a vet who is experienced and knows the various stages of demo mange and the appropriate treatment ... I suggest you go to the vet clinic in Medan Damansara ... and see the vet there (Dr. Simon) ... A good vet can make all the difference. A good vet will know exactly what to do, give you the correct advice and give your dog the right treatment ... A good vet will not frighten you unecessarily ...

The article you posted gives good information and advice ... but you will still need the support of a good vet ...

The important thing now is to start with the proper treatment asap ... don't try too many alternatives (sometimes trying too many things at once can cause as many difficulties as not doing enough at the correct time) ... If your dog has a bad case of demo, then (depending on the breed & age of your dog) ivermectin may be the best way to go to quickly bring the demo mange under control ... a good vet will know how to prescribe the ivermectin in the correct dosage ...

As for using Amitraz (mitaban) solution ... it depends ... cannot say without seeing dog ... again a good vet will know.

In the meantime, it will be good if you start doing research on proper dog nutrition ... find out all you can about the differences between a freshly prepared diet and a kibble diet ... the differences between the different types of kibble ...

Work out your budget and time, and then make the best decision you can ...

Will be away for 10 days or so ... All the best to your dog and you ...

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Aug 11, 2004, 1:39 AM)

fred
Novice

Aug 11, 2004, 1:44 AM

Post #311 of 341 (15581 views)
Shortcut

Hi bro, thanks again for your advice and recommendation. I really appreciate it......Tongue. U oreadi contribute a lot to this forum..u should take a short break and don't too long yea many ppl here needs u hahahaha.

Take care and all the best to u too bro, cheers !!!!!!!!

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 11, 2004, 2:00 AM

Post #312 of 341 (15578 views)
Shortcut

... Thanks

Smile

fred
Novice

Aug 14, 2004, 3:26 AM

Post #313 of 341 (15529 views)
Shortcut

Hi bro, i've found neem oil oledi. Actually how to use this ah ? just apply on those part that got affected ah ? do i have to mix up with something to apply on it ?

thanks

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 20, 2004, 6:05 AM

Post #314 of 341 (15500 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

Please read earlier post ... I strongly suggest you take your dog to an experienced vet before trying home remedies.

As for neem oil, how you use it depends on the type of neem oil you have obtained ...

If the need oil you have is in concentrated form, then it is advisable to dilute before use ... you can dilute with olive oil ... but how much to dilute and what concentration to use - depends on the neem oil you have ... As you can see, using home remedies is not as easy as it sounds ...

Cheers

fred
Novice

Aug 20, 2004, 6:16 AM

Post #315 of 341 (15498 views)
Shortcut

Hi nice to hear from u.....so hows your holiday ??

I've bring him to the vet so i oso must try something at home also. tha vet recommend me invec??? forgot the name and they said is very very good to treat mange problem. Have u ever heard this ??? i dowan go for the dip 1 coz risky la...

Bro thanks for your advice on those remedies thingy. I think will give up the neem oil lah dont know how to use it......

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 20, 2004, 9:19 AM

Post #316 of 341 (15480 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

Maybe you are not reading the postings carefully ... You have to balance what you do at home with the treatment that the vet is providing ...

The drug is called "ivermectin" ... read the article you posted ... the information you need is there ...

" ... In addition to the dip, to treat more generalized cases of mange, many veterinarians are now prescribing daily doses of Eqvalan, which is liquid ivermectin. Dr. Jean Dodds has written extensively about ivermectin as a trigger for immune-mediated diseases. Ivermectin should not be used in combination with Amitraz dip nor with Amitraz tick prevention collars. These medicines are all members of the monoamine oxidase inhibitor group; when they are used together their effects combine together creating sedation and adverse neurologic effects ..."

There is no miracle cure for demo ... it's a question of understanding the condition ... and then trying to figure out what is best for your particular dog ...

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Aug 20, 2004, 9:21 AM)

fred
Novice

Aug 21, 2004, 5:28 PM

Post #317 of 341 (15437 views)
Shortcut

HI bro surchinmy, today i just have a closer look at my dog and i found that there is something like pimples with yellow thing inside (loong). Another thing is that those part which infected to yeast already dry up. when i scratch it dry skin came out is it a good sign ? but it sheds alot isit normal and i also saw some new hair is coming out too.

I've called up the vet to ask they said its like that 1, i got no choice so have to come to u again sorry bro. This is my 1st time to have a pup with no expereince so have to ask here ask there lo......don't mind yea.

The vet also ask me to bath my pup with malaseb or sebolyse 3 times a week and this will help to clean up those yeast faster. isit true ?

hope u can help me on this ......thanks

(This post was edited by fred on Aug 21, 2004, 5:38 PM)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 21, 2004, 7:02 PM

Post #318 of 341 (15429 views)
Shortcut

Hello ...

(A) Unless you are experienced ... it is not easy trying to diganose a dog's coat/skin condition and attempting home treatment ...

(B) It is even more difficult trying to diagnose a coat/skin condition over a forum like this, without being able to see the dog ...

Which is why I posted before, that you must take your dog to an experienced vet for proper examination ...

Many coat/skin conditions exhibit similar symptoms ... sometimes yeast/fungal conditions are only secondary infections, and it is necessary to identify the primary cause/infection for bad coat/skin and treat that too ...

Typically ... if a dog has yeast infection ... there are medicated shampoos that will help ... but the condition is complicated if the dog also has demo mange ... And you really do need the assistance of an experienced vet.

"Pimples with yellow thing inside" ... sounds like a pus pistule ... which is symtomatic of a skin infection.

If your current vet is not helpful or not giving you the advice/information you think you need ... then find another vet ... that will be the correct and safest thing to do ...

I am concerned as to whether the dog's coat & skin has been correctly examined and diagnosed ...

Cheers

fred
Novice

Aug 22, 2004, 12:01 AM

Post #319 of 341 (15408 views)
Shortcut

thanks bro, ill bring my pup to another vet in brickfield on monday or tuesday, the shampoo i used to bath it with is malaseb and today ill bath him again......

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 7, 2004, 10:04 PM

Post #320 of 341 (15205 views)
Shortcut

Hi there Smile

How is your dog doing now? Better I hope! Anyway, if your dog is still suffering from mange, take him to the vet that Surchinmy suggested. He treated my dog and my dog recovered fast and *touch wood* hasn't had the problem again since.

I know how troublesome mange is...my dog had two rounds of it and the last time was very very bad.

But Surchinmy is right, you need to read more and once you have decided on what home remedies to use, make sure you know what you're really doing and stick to that for some time. These natural remedies won't show results in a day. The lemon solution is easy to prepare and can be kept for some time and it's easy to apply.

Their diet is important as well. When my dog had mange I put him on BARF. He's now back to a diet of BARF & kibbles on alternate days but still taking blended fruits & vege (mostly green apples and carrots). Once in i give them lamb. I think all these helps with the overall health of the dog which is why my dogs are more healthy now and mange free till now.

I know it's tempting to try every method there is to treat your dog. It's a traumatic time for both u and your dog...hehehe i went through that too. Surchinmy will know TongueWink But get a god vet, stick to his advise and don't stress your dog out with too many home remedies.

It's good that u're staying away from the dips. After putting my dog through it before, I think it causes more harm than good.

Good luck! Cool

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 7, 2004, 10:06 PM

Post #321 of 341 (15202 views)
Shortcut

hi sk Smile

hope you & doggies all doing ok? Wink

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 7, 2004, 10:41 PM

Post #322 of 341 (15193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Glad to hear that Sparkle is doing good ... Smile ...

All is well with us ... thanks ...

It's been busy ... we rescued 3 pups and 2 adults, about 2 months ago ... and that has kept us busy ...

2 of the pups have found homes, one pup is still with us (and growing well ... keeping fingers crossed, and hoping there is a good home for him too) ...

Of the 2 adults, one ran away (*sigh*) ... The remaining adult (about 11months old) is very timid and wary of people ... so it's a long slow journey trying to earn her trust (but still, it's not going too badly, so cannot complain Tongue) ...

Trust all is well with you, family and doggies too.

Cheers

cshellz
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 9, 2004, 12:05 AM

Post #323 of 341 (15178 views)
Shortcut

We had a little problem with the ticks as our new neighbours who rented the hse next door brought in 3 dogs and all seriously tick infested.

They have since moved out with their 3 dogs and now both my dogs are quite tick free...i still see one or two every now and then. I sent Scruffy for a botak cut...hehehe cause her fur was so long and it was grey....a bit hard for us to work on the tick problem. RM80 and I got a botak dog alright...and they tried to do a schnauzer cut for her face which made her look somewhat like a schnauzer with the tail undocked.

Sparkle's skin is ok but occasionally some weird patches start to form and gets a little bad when he licks on it but the lemon solution and diluted ACV seem to turn himself off. Wink Doesn't help that Scruffy bullies him ALL the time and loves to chew on him. Pirate Scruff's the Alpha dog....Sparkle is terrified of her.

Where did you find all these pups and dogs? Your dogs with citizenship in your house must be wondering why there are dogs who come and go lately. Tongue No worries with the timid one la...with the kind of food that your wife prepares for the dogs, ANY dog would love her. Smile

All's ok except extremely busy lately. My dogs have suffered a little too...it's been a few weeks since I brushed their teeth *opps* or filed their nails. Walks are getting a little less. I try to make it up by playing catch games with them at night....they run about and get excited and tired and I just have to sit there and yell encouragement. hehehe Cool

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Sep 9, 2004, 9:00 AM

Post #324 of 341 (15162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cshellz] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

We rescued the pups from a drain (where they were living) and the adults were caught by dog catchers ...

Fortunately our dogs took real well to the puppies ... CasperBlueEyes ... MonkeyDotCom ... and PiggieMackintosh ...

Casper and Monkey have been adopted ... Piggie seems to be very happy where he is (with us ... *LOL*) ... So, will wait and see what happens.

We are keeping the adult at another location ...

Hmmm ... if Sparkle is still having little recurring bouts ... maybe you can try reducing his overall protein intake and see how that helps ... Nutro have come out with a low protein kibble ... approx:16% only ... and that seems to help dogs with a general hotspot, itching or scratching tendencies ...

We don't really bother with brushing the doggies teeth ... too much hassle ... much easier to just give meaty bones and an occassional greenie ... Seems to work for us ... all the doggies have clean white teeth ...

Even Blessing (who had tartar, when we first found him) is doing real good with the bones, his teeth have cleaned up a lot ... and he doesn't even have to go for scaling now ...

Cheers

Tuckersmommy
New User

Oct 22, 2004, 3:28 PM

Post #325 of 341 (14842 views)
Shortcut
Re: [htpol] Mange [In reply to] Can't Post

hello...my dog was just diagnosed with Pseudomonas today and it has me worried...could you direct me to a site that would give good information for dogs and their treatment.

Did you have a dog with that problem? Would you mind sharing if this was a personal problem with your pet...thank you!!

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my