First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 12, 2003, 5:33 PM

Post #1 of 39 (2334 views)
Shortcut
arlo ppl Can't Post

Hello everyone,

I am from SF,Cali...my name is Amy...I have two dogs...actually three...AngelicI used to have a min pin but she got out of the hse and we believed she was kidnapped by some dum-arss ppl out there..she used to live with my rott....named johnny...after moving to SF,my bro brought home another pup...named Bobbi...not related to Mr.BrownTongue..Bob ,for short, is a lab....

well,been keeping dog as pet for my whole life...will get bichon frise soon...a very 'dynamo' type of dog...can't wait!Laugh

anyone interested to talk about dogs or discuss about em,feel free to email me at strawhoney@hotmail.com

Me
Meme

odie moves MY world!
Attachments: johnny5.jpg (32.5 KB)

boon
Doggyman

Jan 12, 2003, 9:35 PM

Post #2 of 39 (2327 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] arlo ppl [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Strawhoney,

Welcome to the forum. Greeting from Penang. I have a yellow lab and she is Bonney.
Which part of SF are you from, mind share more with us.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 12, 2003, 11:00 PM

Post #3 of 39 (2325 views)
Shortcut

Hi Amy.
Nice to meet ya.
welcome to the forum.
I'm also in california now.
and "had" a golden retreiver named Mack,
just sent him back to Malaysia.

Looking forward to know you and your dogs betterSmile

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

Cheryl
Dog Kichi

Jan 13, 2003, 5:07 AM

Post #4 of 39 (2318 views)
Shortcut

Hi Amy. Welcome to the forum. I've a 6 month old ECS... named as Springtime. Tongue

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2003, 6:48 AM

Post #5 of 39 (2312 views)
Shortcut

helo~!!

i'm also from a tiny island called Penang in Malaysia. Owns a Silky Terrier by the name of JazSmile

looking forward to knowing you betterTongue
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 13, 2003, 12:04 PM

Post #6 of 39 (2305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] arlo ppl [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHello there,

I'm now in San Francisco..which part?umm.....i go to skool here..so i live pretty close to my skool....basically,san fran is a very small place..san francisco is all about seafood and chowder..reason?because pacific ocean is like the neighbor of this beautiful city...san francisco emerged as the winner of the most beautiful city in the world...BUT it's nothing to be hyped about...the road conditions are bad i tell you..omigod...but the ppl are quite friendly...each time I drive my car around,I would curse and curse..too many holes and stupid roadwork going on..hehe..grumpy me..arghhh!!!...I'm a KLite before moving to US..I dunno about the others but all I know is~ KL is the best place to live on earth!!!!Wink

ttyl!!if you have any more questions or anything you wanna ask,just leave me a msg here or email meSly

Byezz....BTW,i think Penang is a great place to live too!!been there and seen it!!!wow,how can you lose weight when you are surrounded by such good and delicious food!!!???Shocked..hehe....

Amy
Meme

odie moves MY world!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 13, 2003, 12:45 PM

Post #7 of 39 (2304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] arlo ppl [In reply to] Can't Post

Hallo !!!

Nice meeting ya too....I have a goldie too...his name is Odie...he's now 88lbs!!!!!!!wow wow!!!Basically,I have two dogs in KL and one in San Fran...BTW,which part of CA are you from?LA?I have a rott~Johnny and also a lab~Bobbi...lost my min pin last year...Frown and actually Odie is not my baby...he belongs to my bf but sometimes,I help my BF to take care of ODIE...I am planning to get another dog,a bichon frise!!!!LaughIt was love at first sight kinda thing...I am contacting some breeders to inquire about any upcoming litter...hope they have a cute one left for me...hehe..

So are you going back to Malaysia since you mentioned that you sent your dog back?if that's the case,I have this question about goldie..will ya be afraid that your dog might not get used to the weather in Malaysia?Since you noe,they have really long hair and also very hyper!!I can't take odie to the park anymore because of his size and he walks faster than I do!!!each time,I have to hold on tight to the leash so that he won't escape...this smartie dog always thinks of escaping....Crazy

OKie,will talk to ya soon...if you have anything to ask or say,just email me or leave me msgs here...will get back to ya ASAP!!!

can't seem to upload Odie's pic...maybe connection prob..will upload later then!

AmyWink
Meme

odie moves MY world!

(This post was edited by strawhoney on Jan 13, 2003, 1:06 PM)

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 13, 2003, 12:52 PM

Post #8 of 39 (2303 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cheryl] arlo ppl [In reply to] Can't Post

Hallo Cheryl,

SmileNice meeting ya too...thanks for welcoming me..this is the first time 'aboard' such a forum...very nice to talk to other dog lovers...because I am really into doggie..hehe...

Will be getting a dog soon....bichon frise...gonna name him 'BEAN BEAN'....it was love at first sight...ever since I laid my eyes on bichon's pics,I got so stuck...hehe...it was like magnet....well,I am crapping now..will update you guys after getting BEAN BEAN..i am still talking to some breeders..hoping to get a cutie...

Nice talking to ya....
Meme

odie moves MY world!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 13, 2003, 1:04 PM

Post #9 of 39 (2301 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] arlo ppl [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Lulugurl...

Very nice knowing you..penang is a great place to live...this summer,will be going back to M'sia...so probably gonna head to penang...keep my fingers crossed...

Terrier is definitely cute....a hottie..hehe...Laugh..but my bf hates em cuz he's afraid of small dogs...hehe..but i am 100% sure I wan a bichon...haha....if he sits on my dog,I think I'm gonna go berserk and tear him(my bf) apart...talking about being violent here...heh hehMad

will talk to ya again..leave me a msg anytime...will get back to ya ASAP!
Meme

odie moves MY world!

boon
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2003, 9:14 PM

Post #10 of 39 (2292 views)
Shortcut

Hi Strawhoney,

Ah, Totally agreed with you that fricso is one of the most beatiful city. When i was there, i used to drive to Marina Bay and lay on the field, on my left is golden gate, infront of he is pacific ocean and on my right is fisherman wharf and acaltraz.
Oh yeah i like the clam chowder that they put into a bigh white bread in fisherman wharf. And of course, the only burger that worth the try and miss till now is the In & Out chese burger and their fresh lemonate.

Ah..about road condition, not too bad lah if compared to penang. I use to drive through lombard street (can't really recall the precise spelling) and take the train to timesquare citycenter. hahaha. What a wonder city.

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 13, 2003, 9:41 PM

Post #11 of 39 (2289 views)
Shortcut

Hi once again Boon,

Have you been here before?yeah,I bring my dog to marina most of the time..because that's the best place for your dog to run and play around...hehe...Odie really loves it...especially the green green grass....I wish I'm a dog sumtime..hahaha...anyways,Odie is always looking forward to his short trip to marina...whenever we gonna reach marina,he's going to grow really impatient and wanna run out of the car......and we could hear his grumpiness immediately....haha..we always laugh at him whenever that happens....we usually take the leash off...so that he could run freely...however,sumtimes it's dangerous because cars may run him over...Odie does respond to me when I call him but it's still too risky of a business...well,I would say he's an obedient dog but needs more training...we were supposed to show Odie but unfortunately,one of his front teeth did not grow....so Odie's not a show dog anymore..just an ordinary 1 and half years old pup..we cud still see the 'puppiness' in his face...gaga...

So when are you coming to SF again?I hope to show you around..and of course with Odie...on his first b'day,not only we held a birthday party for him but we brought him to Golden Gate Bridge and we took some nice pics of him...everyone was looking at this goldie walking on the bridge...we have always wanted to do that and finally it cud be realized on his bday....my bf always thinks that I do not like Odie but that's not the case...I really love dogs...I show my appreciation only when they have done something good..maybe I am too strict but I am certainly not a doggie hater...dogs are the best companion in the world!!!!Laugh Even tho Odie does not live with me,my bf and I usually bring him to the beach or to marina...he hates the water(that's weird for a goldie)...hehe....there was this one time,he ate some horse 'sheet'..hehehe.....that was darn disgusting...I was afraid of his mouth that whole day...haha..but soon,i was playing with him again...hehehe...

in and out is great man!I brought Odie to IN&OUT once and ordered this veggie burger for him...hehe..he sure was happy.....he ate it within one min...Slywhen i was making my order,i told that woman "only veggie burger,no mayonaisse,no nothing"....she kept on asking me...do you want this..do you want that...hehe..i think she was quite surprised that a normal human being wud be asking for such a burger...Angelic..anyways.....

talk to ya again...have a nice day...

byezzzz...
Meme

odie moves MY world!

wkser
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2003, 10:45 PM

Post #12 of 39 (2284 views)
Shortcut

hi,

welcome to the forum.....SmileWink

regards
ser and nous

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jan 13, 2003, 11:24 PM

Post #13 of 39 (2281 views)
Shortcut

hie there~

You are a Malaysian stayin in US or just a foreigner who likes to travel to asia? eehheTongue

How can ur bf not be afraid of big dogs and of small ones? they are so adorableLaughLaugh bichon is so fluffy.... but i have not yet seen a bichon with my own eyeUnsure just pictures
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 13, 2003, 11:42 PM

Post #14 of 39 (2278 views)
Shortcut

Amy,
yes, i'm in LA now.
my golden is MACK, 89lbs, 18 mths.
also have a pitbull+mastiff (mongrel?) back home in KL, MAX, 11 yrs old.
I jsut graduated, so trying my luck to get a job here.
of course, eventually, i'll go home!
Mack needs time to adjust the weather change as well as the environment too. He seems can't understand why dogs keep barking at hime??? Coz the dogs he met in the states will just sniff around... "silent" play.... no barking. So whenever dogs bark at him (in Kl now), he'll just walk away to avoid. But it won't be a problem to walk Mack. He's on the Gentle Leader Collar when he goes for a walk. the collar is for training purpose as well... easy to handle him, and won't choke him.
When I walked him in the snow, he learned this command "SLOW" and he'd walk like the speed of crawling.... real slow... so I won't slip on icy road.

He won't try to escape from leash coz he knows that's HOW and WHEN he would have chance to go for a walk. One reason could be due to I never crate him, never tie him up at home. the only time i put leash on Mack is when i bring him out for a walk. So he actually likes to see the leash.... especially when he hear "go gai-gai?".... and "where's your lin-lin (the leash)?".... he will go and find me the leash and the collar... kacau me until i put the leash on him then only will satisfied.Smile

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 14, 2003, 3:02 PM

Post #15 of 39 (2266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] arlo ppl [In reply to] Can't Post

ello Lulugurl...

Winkokay..first of all..let me clarify things for you....Tongue

Of cuz I am Malaysian....hehe...cannot lari from being one...hehe...well,I came here to study....later my parents wanted to cabut to US...hehe...no reasons...for fun..Coolso we applied for immigration and eventually,after all the twist and turn,we got it.....but my parents are still in Malaysia...they sorta travel forth and back to keep their immigration status in the US...I know it's complicated..but just a brief explanation I cud give...hehe..Malaysia is a great place to live..in fact,I think no country can compare to it....the sunshine (get it during summer only),the rain (get it during winter only),the food (all 'mat saleh' food),the nice hawker stalls (your car can run out of gas looking for oneCrazy)...and many many many more...

Anyways,I am going back to KL this summer..can't wait...LaughMaybe we cud meet up or sumthing...heh heh...then i can complain to you how bad this place as compared to my hometown..hehe...

My bf is weird..small dogs are poisonous to him...actually he's afraid he would squash the dog to death when he sits on the sofa or he wud accidently kick him to the wall because of the size of small dogs.....if that's the case,I think he needs another pair of glasses....Tonguehehe...small dogs are adorably cute...hehehe....just hope that when I get my bichon,I won't squeeze him till he can't breathe...Sly

kiedoke,will talk to ya again....ciao
Meme

odie moves MY world!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 14, 2003, 3:55 PM

Post #16 of 39 (2263 views)
Shortcut

hahaha...it's really a rare coincidence...ohwell....firstly,you have a GR....and they both weigh the same...around that...and my Odie b'day's on the 4th of April..I think yours is also around that right?so they both are of the same age...and then his name is Mack Mack right?my min pin's name is also ...hehehe...Laugh...

congrads on your graduation!!!I still have to go through another 2 yrs of pain in da ars...hahahaha..sorry for being a little obscene....hope the webmaster won't delete this...hehe...yeah,I have to study for another two yrs before graduation and I am so so sick of it....I've yet to meet someone that tells me he/she likes to study...mmm....UnimpressedI hope you will get a job soon...so are you bringing your with you once you have the right job and settling down over in LA?I think he must be missing you so so much....

I know it must be difficult for a GR to settle down in Malaysia....Odie is basically a really spoiled dog....there was this time when I was preparing a steak dinner,he was pretending to sniff around in the kitchen...he gingerly put his mouth on the table...and then reaching to the plate...I saw that and Immediately said 'NO'!!!And then he quickly ran away and for two days,he isolated himself and didn't want to play with anyone or eat his food....sigh..that's really some kind of dog right?sometimes he's very attentive but sometimes he's just difficult....he went for classes conducted by SPCA...and it was quite useful....they gave us this "CLICKER" and each time when the dog does something good,we press the clicker once (producing a clicking sound) and reward the dog....SPCA also recommended us the gentle leader...it's really useful!!!WinkOdie walks slower but he really hates it...he usually uses his paws to try to get rid of the gentle leader and he refuses to walk....sigh...Frownhe loves his leash tho..because each time when we get the leash,he knows we will bring him for a walk..hehe...exactly like ..I think GR'S instincts are pretty much the same...yeah..we also use 'gai' gai' and he gonna be so ecstatic and lunatic!!!!we are trying to improve his jumping and goofing...luckily he knows what is 'oh see see' and 'bo bo'....whenever we need to bring him out,we usually let him out to the backyard and tell him to 'oh see see' and he immediately finish with his business and go 'gai gai'...does he jump into the car by himself or you have to carry him?We usually have to trick Odie or carry him into the car...and he's almost 90lbs!!!!CrazyShockedDefinitely beyond my 'power'.....

Okie,I think this is a realli long 1...will talk to ya again...I will upload some pics of Odie today...you can view em and tell me if Odie-Man does share some resemblance with ...

best,

Amy
Meme

odie moves MY world!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 14, 2003, 3:57 PM

Post #17 of 39 (2261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wkser] arlo ppl [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for having me here...Wink

Hope to know you guys a lot more....Smile

Ciao Ciao..
Meme

odie moves MY world!

boon
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2003, 4:58 PM

Post #18 of 39 (2259 views)
Shortcut

Hi Strawhoney.

Oh yeap, iwas in San Jose for about 9 months to a year. During my present there, basically i spent my weekend travelling and driving aroung the coast area. Most of the places in west coast i had been may be Wink. I love In & Out so much. Ah...yeap i walked from the SFO to the other end of the bridge, and took me about 1 hour. But i enjoy the sea breeeze and the environment there. What a great experience. I saw a few mak salleh walked their furkids too. I'm certainly into lab or golden. I just love retriever so much.

From where you got your lab from a breeder or ? Mind tell me the Kennel name ? or you can mail me personally.

Thanz

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 14, 2003, 5:09 PM

Post #19 of 39 (2258 views)
Shortcut

Hallo Boon

I am on hol now..so I have more time to surf the internetTonguehehe...

My brother brought the lab back to our home..he got it from a breeder..and he's his friend...I can ask my brother if he's still in the business....are you planning to get a lab?I can certainly help to ask if he has some upcoming litters....and will inform you later...

yeah,GG Bridge is wonderful but they are now charging 5 bucks for toll!!!!Shocked

Byez...
Meme

odie moves MY world!

boon
Doggyman

Jan 14, 2003, 5:35 PM

Post #20 of 39 (2257 views)
Shortcut

Hi STrwahoney,

OH..OK thanz. Ah...5 bucks for the GG bridge ? I remember i was paying like 3 bucks sometime year 2000 and 2001.

OK will really appretiate if you can get me the info of that Kennel. And do you have the pedigree of you lab with you ? Can u tell me the registered name and the sire/dam from that kennel ?

Thanz

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 15, 2003, 2:14 AM

Post #21 of 39 (2247 views)
Shortcut

Smile
Mack was born in May 6, 2001.
yeah~ so "kiew", i mean the name of Mack Mack.Wink!
Um.... I dont' hate study bor.... I enjoy student life a lot! (got me? student LIFETongue)
I opened a thread in this Member Intro section too "Super Dog Lover", feel free to stop by there, you'll find more about me and . Since my sister and her family and some relatives are staying in LA, I'll try to find a job here, if I got one then I'll stay. If not, I'll just go home....for MACK! I miss him very much, but i dun think he isFrown... he might still mad at me to send him back.... long journey on the plane by himself....dark dark..and lonely...Unsure

Mack is doing fine in KL now... ya.. a bit warm for him, but he'll adapt to it pretty soon. and YES, mack will fatt-pei-hei if i accuse him, very innocent one, or i broke my promise to bring him out.
But as for getting into car, he's doing alright. he knows when i bring him towards CAR, he'll find for the door, wait until i open, then i'll say "jump in!" and he'll get into the car. the only problem is he'll change his seat back and forth.... can't stay still until few minutes later.

Can't wait to see the pics of your dogs and your bf's one. Have you look at Mack's pictures that i posted in this web? I have more....

Best Regards,
Ying.

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 15, 2003, 1:08 PM

Post #22 of 39 (2240 views)
Shortcut

hey there,

I still have slow connection for today...will upload more pics ASAP!!!!

It's nice to know that you have some relatives over here..at least without ,you cud seek comfort from your sis mar or even 'der der' her....hehe...=)

I think not bringing your GR out is some kind of misdemeanor or some terrible crime....Odie won't 'speak' to us or play with his toys..and just pretend to sleep when we walk by...that's his usual way to show his resentment..that's why we always regard him as human...a child...SmileSmile..always 'fart sai lo chai pei hey'..

Your Mack is really well-trained!!!!wow.....at least he cud get in the car by himself...Odie won't even budge when you try to pull his leash towards the car..he noes that we are bringing him to 'gai gai' but he just that lazy or even spoiled..sigh...I tot GR shud jump up and down since their level of energy is so intense...opppsss...guess not...Odie special case...hehe...changing seat is inevitable cuz GR is very hyper...esp 'gai gai' time..hehe...and they both are still puppy...Wink

yeah,I've seen the pictures liao....will take summore time to inspect one by one...haha....Laugh

Odie was born on the 4th of April 2001...so he's the 'gor gor' of ....

ciaociao
Meme

odie moves MY world!

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 15, 2003, 3:49 PM

Post #23 of 39 (2238 views)
Shortcut

Ah....coz i only saw odie puppy pics, and u told me just brought him back, at 10 wks old... lost tooth....
i still picture odie as a pup.

Although Mack has "pei-hei" sometimes, but I won't let him continue the bad temper for long, i will either TALK to him, or just scold and beat-beat him if i'm mad too. He knows.... if he really did wrong to make me angry, he'll kinda "tum" me and want me to shake his hands, like I'd forgive him.

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jan 15, 2003, 4:11 PM

Post #24 of 39 (2237 views)
Shortcut

hahaha..Odie is like dat too..Coolif he's wrong,he 'tum' us back.....his daddy beat beat him also lar...I don't cause he's too cute...haha...that's my sentimental side...gagaga...but usually he 'tum' his daddy back by bringing him his toys or using his 'hand hand' to initiate that he's sorry...heheAngelic..ah,he's so very cute but notti too!!!!when he was a small pup,he would bite his daddy's shoes till it's torn apart...kesian the shoe...Unsure jadi mangsa pulak....

Odie is just like ..trust me..you won't believe it..why they both sama sama saja?Unimpressed
Meme

odie moves MY world!

mackmack
Doggyman

Jan 15, 2003, 4:19 PM

Post #25 of 39 (2234 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, they are very alike to each other!
guess they both have very nice owners huh?!

If mack really happy about something, like i bring him out or gave him favourite tit-bits, he will show his happiness by "liam-liam" (kissing) my face! then you'll know he's really HAPPY.
although mack attempted to bite on my shoes before, but it's not a serious problem, he rarely bite on shoes. One thing I noticed and learned is: if you want you puppy never bite on a thing, say shoes, never use it to beat him. So, never beat your pup with newspaper roll or shoes, then he/she won't bite that thing to release "hatred" or to protect himself from being hit.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my