Dogathon 2004

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 28, 2004, 9:35 AM

Post #1 of 11 (1547 views)
Shortcut
Dogathon 2004 Can't Post

Hi folks,

Anyone is going for the Dogathan 2004 at Bukit Ekspo, UPM on August 01, sunday, starting from 7 am... I am looking forward to go for it but.... I wonder is anyone kind enough to car pool me.... I won't be bringing my dog along if I were to go for it... Thanks...

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 29, 2004, 5:06 AM

Post #2 of 11 (1541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Dogathon 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

Any of the beagle's owner are going for the Dogathon 2004. I want to meet all or any of you if you were going for it... Finally, have uploaded Henry's picture to this site.. Thanks to my friend digicam..

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jul 31, 2004, 9:53 PM

Post #3 of 11 (1495 views)
Shortcut

carmine, ohmybeagle, jaytan and fellow beagle lovers, any of you are going for dogathon 2004.. wanted to see you all. please let me know. thanks.

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Aug 4, 2004, 9:20 AM

Post #4 of 11 (1454 views)
Shortcut

HI Stan,
i think surely u didnt bring along Henry to the dogathon last sunday cos i was there for a few hours but didnt spot ur Henry. I was there but i didnt bring along my Lou.I went there just to see if there were any nice beagles but unfortunately NO. Anyway it's a bustling scene there with more and more participants every year. There is also a wide range of dogs there. I saw about 7 or 8 beagles at least.
I am quite surprised to see the photo of Henry here when i find out he has extremely long floppy ears at one side. I am wondering if he is a purebred or not. he seems more like a mixture between basset hound and beagle . No offense man but he is way out of the standard of beagle with his extraordinary ears. perhaps u should check again with that person or shop u bought him from.....just dont want u to get cheated by some dodgy sellers. Anyway, having said all these "hurtful" things to you, i hope u can take it lightly and just treat them as free voices, love Henry despite his speciality ok. He is a fine pet despite his funny ears. He deserves the same love from you anyhow.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 4, 2004, 4:37 PM

Post #5 of 11 (1453 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ohmybeagle] Dogathon 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

you mean that for a 2 1/2 months old beagle, his ear is way too long? hmm.... but i read a book, saying that beagle ears suppose to be long right... i hope you don't frighten me. Mad i didnt bring henry for dogathon. i only saw few beagles (2-3)

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Aug 5, 2004, 11:14 AM

Post #6 of 11 (1450 views)
Shortcut

Hi Stan,

I am not frightening you here dude, from what i see in the pics u posted up here i tot i saw a basset hound. But the body of Henry is definitely a beagle la....just his ears.....not supposed to be so long....that's the ears of a basset hound if u go check around books writing of beagle standards or basset hound standards then u will get a good picture of what i am talking about. According to Beagle breed standard, if their ears are so long that they grow over the nose (pull the ears to the nose and measure see how much they cross the nose point) ...then they are disqualified from any dog championship shows and breed specialty shows......nevertheless.....this inborn defect doesnt affect anything if u dont intend to show Henry in the ring one day......he is still a lovely pup afterall and like all other pups he deserves the best treatment from you :) .....so love him like he is a wonderful puppy....

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Aug 5, 2004, 11:50 AM

Post #7 of 11 (1448 views)
Shortcut

I am really curious here......where did u get ur Henry from ?? how much did u pay for him ??

If u bought it from a pet shop for a price higher than Rm1200 then u are in deed conned.....i have no doubt about that.....i am really sorry to say that ur pup is an extraordinary one......apart from his abnormal long ears.....he has this funny look like a basset hound too.....i have nv come across any beagles like him......so i suspect he is a crossbred between basset hound and beagle......How come u didnt check at that time when u bought him ? i suppose u didnt do much research on this breed and bought it impulsively.....that's always a wrong wrong thing to do......u make me think that u dont even know how a beagle looks like....beagles look very sweet with a detective like appearance and a striking look whereas basset hounds look like a drunken old man babbling with a lethargic look. But too bad......u cant change the way Henry looks now.....it's a lesson learnt here for u......i am sorry....but like i said.....that doesnt matter at all if u dont mind the way he looks now......he is still a great puppy and deserves all ur love.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 5, 2004, 10:33 PM

Post #8 of 11 (1442 views)
Shortcut

i bought him for rm1500 from a pet shop in pj. anyway if his ears were way too long or that he doesnt look like a beagle standard, that he is mixed beagle and basset hound. that doesn't matter as i am not joining any breed contest. but the lady told me that the father is aus tralia and the mother is local. well if it is not a beagle, then nvm lah. well if i do get a basset hound then it is ok also. i did do some research on the beagle. i borrowed a book about beagles from my neighbour. and the ears r suppose too be long. but didnt realized that his ear is way too long. anyway nevermind lar . but i hope when he is a bit older, he don't like like basset hound lah.

carmine

Aug 6, 2004, 6:00 AM

Post #9 of 11 (1436 views)
Shortcut

Hie Sorry for replying late. I did not went to the dogathon ler.. was busy with my final year project.. Din even manage to catch up all the forum posts here. :) Anyway, i think that your dog is unique and cute :>

MisterStan
Doggyman

Aug 6, 2004, 6:10 AM

Post #10 of 11 (1435 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmine] Dogathon 2004 [In reply to] Can't Post

wow that is a very late reply. ekeke. do you think my dog, henry , looks different from other beagles and the breed standard of beagles. ohmybeagle told me that my beagle looks different

Koogiebus
Enthusiast

Aug 8, 2004, 1:35 AM

Post #11 of 11 (1430 views)
Shortcut

Well.. you should bring along ur lou too to the dogathon event.
Maybe he/she can win some prizes too Wink
Lotsa beagles on tat day..some are nice and i met a champion dog there
***** KOOGIE LOVES U ALL ***********

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my