Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Shee Shee in Crate

May
Old Hand

Feb 8, 2002, 5:20 PM

Post #1 of 7 (4074 views)
Shortcut
Shee Shee in Crate Can't Post

Help!! Help!!.....all the while my pup will not shee shee in the crate but this two days she's been doing it at 3am and 4am respectively. After she soiled her crate she will bark until we wake up and let her out (I thought she need to eliminate). Then she will not go in her crate again.

Normally, I will go outside with her at 11pm and if she didn't do it then we go out again at 11:30pm. After that I'll put her in the crate and let her out at 6am.

What happen?????

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 11, 2002, 7:14 PM

Post #2 of 7 (4067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] Shee Shee in Crate [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you been giving her water before bedtime? Puppies cannot hold water in their bladders for very long, which is why most people stop giving their puppies water by 9pm, or before their last walk for the night.

-= Tisha =-

May
Old Hand

Feb 18, 2002, 6:38 PM

Post #3 of 7 (4059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Shee Shee in Crate [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, now my pup doesn't want to sleep in her crate at night. So I just let me sleep in the kitchen. Luckily she didn't shee shee or poo poo at night.

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 18, 2002, 7:04 PM

Post #4 of 7 (4055 views)
Shortcut

HaHa. Do I understand that what you have written you are sleeping in the kitchen?
"So I just let me sleep in the kitchen."
As the puppy grows older, she will be able to hold her shee shee and poo poo unless she has tummy upset.
I am keeping 2 dogs inside the house every night and they had never done their business inside, but sneak up to the cushion and sofa and sleep in the middle of the night yes.

May
Old Hand

Feb 18, 2002, 7:16 PM

Post #5 of 7 (4053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Shee Shee in Crate [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I stopped this posting and post another one with a "her"....hmmm.

May
Old Hand

Feb 21, 2002, 11:41 PM

Post #6 of 7 (4047 views)
Shortcut

My pup purposely go into her crate (the door always open) and shee shee and then came out. What's happening???? I thought wowo will not do their business in their crate......

Pat

Feb 22, 2002, 3:58 AM

Post #7 of 7 (4044 views)
Shortcut

Help! Your puppy may develop the habit of treating the crate as its toilet. If you don't change its toilet pattern it may habitually go back to the same spot to release and it is very difficult to correct once this habit develops. You need to clean her crate thoroughly so that the smell which induces it to release is gone (they are inclined to the same spot to release) and try to soak a newspaper or cloth with her pee or shit and leave it at a spot where she wants to go. Also start disciplining her by scolding her each time she soils her crate and bring her to the spot she should go. Toilet training takes time and patience by the way.

rgds,
Pat
Pat, David
parents to Kiki-nicole choa

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my