How long will Kennel Cough prolong?

lingcheah
New User

Jul 27, 2004, 1:47 AM

Post #1 of 5 (11663 views)
Shortcut
How long will Kennel Cough prolong? Can't Post

Hi there,

I need some advise out there as my little girl has been coughing for over 3 months now since the day I brought her back from the pet shop.

I have visited a couple of vet and she has been taking medicine all the long but still no recovery.

I have been reading about the distemper disease and I'm very worried. However, since she's survive for more than 3 months, the vet told that she could just have been infected with canine kennel cough.

But how long will kennel cough prolong before she could get any better? She's been coughing very badly especially at night or under air-cond room. And she hasn't taken any bath for 2 months already cause I'm afraid she'll get worse.
Ling

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Aug 6, 2004, 4:52 AM

Post #2 of 5 (11550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lingcheah] How long will Kennel Cough prolong? [In reply to] Can't Post

Do not put her in air-con room... I can't remember how long my dog coughed but he became better after seeiong 2 vets..... the vet that gave the medication that worked is in genting klang..... He was infected 2 times, one was kennel cough and the other was a flu virus from me.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

ladee_m
Doggyman

Aug 25, 2004, 6:59 PM

Post #3 of 5 (11029 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lingcheah] How long will Kennel Cough prolong? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Smile

I know a vet in Taman Megah... DR YEOH... my friend used his service when his pup had kennel cough too... the pup was cured but it took some time... maybe u wanna check the vet out...

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

GSMPB5
New User

Sep 8, 2004, 3:46 PM

Post #4 of 5 (10547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] How long will Kennel Cough prolong? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, I read your post about your dog coughing...I have a toy dog and she was purchased from a pet shop...She has been treated for a cough 3 times now and I am worried because she only has 2 days of the medicine left and I am afraid her cough is still not gone and when the med stops her cough will return...Is your dog still coughing? GSMPB5

ladee_m
Doggyman

Sep 9, 2004, 12:07 AM

Post #5 of 5 (10537 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GSMPB5] How long will Kennel Cough prolong? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI Smile

Sorry but I think u have either got the wrong person or u are mistaken... its my FRIEND'S dog which had kennel cough... his dog have since recovered... it was sometime ago...

Hope your furkid is doing well and may she get better soon Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my