A mixed breed is the better breed

meidy
Novice

Jul 21, 2004, 12:33 PM

Post #1 of 23 (4382 views)
Shortcut
A mixed breed is the better breed Can't Post

Hi,
Because the mixed breed dogs draw from a broader genetic pool, they are not as prone to genetic illness that is predictable in many purebred dogs. In addition, many times their character is a combination of several breeds, which can complement the strengths of each breed, while diminishing the extreme often undesirable behaviors of many pure bred dogs.

I found my ‘Bali Dog’ in the street, and he is the best dog I ever had. He is self confident, alert but sociable, playful, high intelligent, never sick, easy to groom, and understands & obeys about 50 commands.
I would not trade my Bali-street-dog for anything in the world. He taught me more lessons than I ever could teach him. Moreover, he was free of charge…

Regards Angie
Behaviorist and Health Practitioner

nutritional supplement for dogs skin disorders

dogs scabies rashes

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 22, 2004, 10:00 PM

Post #2 of 23 (4359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [meidy] A mixed breed is the better breed [In reply to] Can't Post

ya, my mongrel seems to be more easy to take care than my neighbours pure breed dog.

i still remember the day when my dog and the neighbour dalmations went out during the heavy rain to play. and the next day the dalmation fall sick and have to be in medication, while kinki still stay healthy.

but most ppl doesn;t impress on the mongrel appearance. alway being look down by others.
haih, very sad.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

meidy
Novice

Jul 23, 2004, 9:18 AM

Post #3 of 23 (4354 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] A mixed breed is the better breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Be proud of kinki! It's a beautiful dog!

I have 5 dogs: 1 dalmatian, 1 golden retriever, 1 cocker spaniel, 2 Bali street dogs. And the two bali dogs are much more smart then the other pure breeds. In Germany I had a shepherd and a rottweiler, and I work since 20 years with dogs. Believe me I know what I say: Mixed breed is the better breed. This dogs have much more self confidence, they learn faster, they are relaxed, but ready to protect, they are totally easy to housetrain, nearly never sick.....and all this because they never lived in a cage. They still have all natural instincts and reactions - I love them - and in germany for example you have 70% mixed breed dogs! People want a companion, not a show statue.

Take care for kinki, she deserves it!
Regards Angie

dogs scabies rashes

yckuan
Novice

Jul 24, 2004, 8:16 AM

Post #4 of 23 (4315 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, I do agree with you. I have kept mongrels at different stages of my life. They are tough and hardy -- bred to survive in our climate and environment. Like Darwin said, it's survival of the fittest. And although some may disagree, I find it a pleasant experience to see what they grow into, unlike purebred dogs. My Toby had black fur as a pup but now, all the black fur are shedded replaced only with brown and tan fur.

However, there are people who prefer certain characteristics of a particular breed. I for one really love the friendliness of a Golden Retriever, and its long luscious golden coat! How nice it would be to have such an obedient and loyal dog for a companion, too! But it is NOT a good guard dog...*sigh* So, there you go. Purebreed dogs are bred for their particular and special characteristics which appeal to different groups of people. Whereas a mongrel is an all-rounder, a jack of all trades.

yckuan

meidy
Novice

Jul 26, 2004, 9:32 AM

Post #5 of 23 (4288 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yckuan] A mixed breed is the better breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, you are right,
and the worsest problem is that people buy a poor purebred dog because they need a status symbol, that they can say: "oh, we have a show dog, how exclusive".
And of course the dog is not allowed to play with other dogs to express his normal dog behavior, he has to live in a golden jail, he never can roll in the gras (the fur gets dirty), or jump into a puddle...

And finally he is depressed, and gets aggressive - poor purebred dog.

I prefer street dogs, because I love dogs, I want a companion not a statue. For me the dog itself is important not his image. (I don't need a dog to develop self confidence.)

Regards
Regards Angie

dogs scabies rashes

gillian923
K9 Kaki

Aug 2, 2004, 11:21 PM

Post #6 of 23 (4268 views)
Shortcut

Hi all,

I really agreed wat u said and really admired on wat u did too. I love dog too, for me i dont mind what is the breed or where they from. I got two dog, which is a mongrel and another is a Pom mix. I treat them as my baby, i feel pround of it not becaz of the breed, just becaz they r adorable. For me i wont feel shy to bring them out, i even show off to all my fren n family that i having such a lovely dogs. I can understand most of the ppl like pure breed becaz of the sick of pedigree, i guess it seems like human being. Is that mean indian mix with chinese is not a good baby? i dont think so, it is abt the same thing. something mix with other, the baby can absort the good thing from their parents. So i dont think Mongrel and Mix breed are urgly, they r pretty and beautiful.

liangann83
Enthusiast

Nov 10, 2004, 9:47 AM

Post #7 of 23 (4052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gillian923] A mixed breed is the better breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup.................... mixed breed and mongle also cute .......

No difference in doggies world, only human difference the dog........

Sydney
Doggyman

Nov 11, 2004, 3:12 AM

Post #8 of 23 (4031 views)
Shortcut

Mix breeds are cheaper and better. But to hear that you've pick up a stray tame dog on the road. Is he a puppy when you pick him up? He is sooo cute! That's even more than my pup can do.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

IHeartShihpoo
Novice

Jan 4, 2005, 10:29 AM

Post #9 of 23 (3964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] A mixed breed is the better breed [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Mix breeds are cheaper and better.

I have a shihtzu crossed toy poodle mix (shihpoo) and he is great! He doesn't possess the wall-flat nose or the underbite of the shihtzu, but he does possess the shihtzu coat and lap dog personality (though he has his toy poodle hyper moments). I do agree that mixed breeds have a less chance of illness, and most of the time they are cheaper, but mine was actually $300 which is the same price for a majority of pure bred shih tzu's. I think it's just because shihpoos are a popular mix.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 4, 2005, 7:04 PM

Post #10 of 23 (3959 views)
Shortcut

meidy & mixed breed lovers~

nice to hear tht most of u loves mixed bred & mongrels so much, job. if possible try help the stray pups ok? thanks..

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

j-wong
Dog Kichi

Feb 26, 2005, 7:23 AM

Post #11 of 23 (3873 views)
Shortcut

A mixed breed is a better breed.......well said!!! these days it's so hard to find ppl who appreciate dogs for who they are and their companionship.....

Most ppl just want pure breed (for all the wrong reasons) so they could show off their live walking LV's or Prada and such....It makes me very much frusfrated when i ask around for ppl to adopt pup's and the same replies come "what breed?"....."oh mongrels??? no one wants them..."

Even when I enter pet shops the same question always pops up what breed is your dog....Though it may be to better understand your dog's needs....which is something i truly doubt as it is more of a way of finding out "how much we have in our pockets".......

So 1 day i got fed up of answering mixed breed , and getting no feed back...i answered WHY??? they went just want to know.....

It doesnt mean that a pure breed has the right to enjoy good food, and mixed breed dont, some mixed breed are treated way better then pure breed....It is just the way the owner treats them...

A true dog lover loves a dog for what it is and not it's breed....and it's time ppl start to appreaciate more of our smart, street wise, funny, tricky mixed breed furry friends

ShiShi

Feb 27, 2005, 4:55 AM

Post #12 of 23 (3851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [j-wong] A mixed breed is the better breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Agree! Agree! Agree!

I met the same kind of situation before. Not only pet shop, but inlcuding animal clinic + friends.

Anyway, luckily most of my close friends do not judge dogs regarding their breed. I understand that different people prefer different breeds, but i really hope that no matter what kind of breed we ourselves like, we would not dislike other breeds including mixed breed.

I found out that people judge the dog owner regarding his or her dog's breed too (personal experience ).

Pet shop -> Mixed breed then the pet shop salesgirl's attitude is different. They'll only recommand cheap stuffs...

Animal clinic -> Mixed breed then they will more like "simply simply" finish the job (vaccine shot, body-checking, ...). Pure breed than they will explain a lot and treat slowly and with great attention...

Pet grooming shop -> Mixed breed then they will simply bath and clean the dog...

Friends -> Pure breed they will say cute, cute, cute, but mixed breed they will just say "Oh,... ic".

Of course i do not mean all but some of the above mentioned. I still able to find kind and nice people who take a dog as a life, regarding the breed of the dog. I'm so glad about this. Hope one day i'll meet more and more people like this.

I found the above situation and i'm able to make the comparison as i had a Shih Tzu last time and now i have a mixed breed puppy with me, and i did and always do see the above mentioned situations very frequently.

Hope this situation will change someday (or very soon? Crazy).

The above is just my personal view, not to point to anyone. Cheers!

*Mixed breed or pure breed dog is a life! Please try to treat both of them the same as a life, both deserve love and care from human being.

ShiShi

Feb 27, 2005, 5:00 AM

Post #13 of 23 (3848 views)
Shortcut

Thank you so much for your post. You've given me a very good idea on answering the question "What's your dog's breed?". I never thought of that before. I'm sure from now onwards, i'll answer "Why? Any different? What's wrong with mixed breed?", other than answering "Mixed breed".

Have a nice day.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Feb 28, 2005, 1:49 AM

Post #14 of 23 (3819 views)
Shortcut

Dog with natural parentage is indeed the best.... For me, after experiencing pure breed and mix... Mix is still the best. They are very hardy, better at learning and can be both companion as well as guard. Dogs are all alike so what for go and buy pure breed? God created the best dog breed for us and that is the local mongrel.... also known as the Asian street dog, old Asian wild dogs and better, God's creation that man has never interfered with the genes....

I agree with everyone here... Mix breed is indeed the best! Dog lovers should never judge the looks of a dog... all dogs are equal in the inside....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

j-wong
Dog Kichi

Feb 28, 2005, 7:23 PM

Post #15 of 23 (3801 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ShiShi] A mixed breed is the better breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Animal clinic -> Mixed breed then they will more like "simply simply" finish the job (vaccine shot, body-checking, ...). Pure breed than they will explain a lot and treat slowly and with great attention...

UnsureOh yes and about animal clinic i brought my doggie to this animal hospital in KL, that hospital is frequent by mostly expats and datuk and datin's....so you can just imagine how those ppl are...

So the story was i was there for the 2nd time for my doggie, poor chap he was afraid not wanting to go in the mo' we arrived he was panicky so the receptionist ask me to take the dog and wait outside......

so there i was waiting outside for a very long time, this expat arrived went in, then a lil while later i went in and i saw them treating the expat's dog.....There and then i scolded that B****h.....Is this how you treat your customer? you ask me to wait outside and now all the other ppl that are way behind me includind that expat that just arrived gets to see the vet....and im still standing outside waiting???

Do they pay better???They pay in american dollar izzt?you take me for a fool.....and the list goes on....

Basically this is the way ppl view you when u have a mixed breed.....But they dont have the brains to think that...that guy with the pure breed or that rich guy comes here ,hen there's the person with mixed breed....surely the mixed breed owner is willing to spend and is more generous if not he/she wouldnt have brought the dog in here.........and it's not like i get a discount or i pay any lesser....

Just coz for e.g 1 person earn 10k a month and spends 100 on the dog and the 2nd earn 1k a month and spend 100 on the dog ppl think the 1 richer guy is generous to the dog...look at the ratio comparision then you would see who spends more......100:10,000 or 100:1000........

It really pisses me off when ppl look down on mixed breed

j-wong
Dog Kichi

Feb 28, 2005, 7:59 PM

Post #16 of 23 (3799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] A mixed breed is the better breed [In reply to] Can't Post

To my bf, he's not the kind that hates dogs or overly has affection to them....to him a dog is a dog, a obedient dog is a good dog (it listen to the owner)as long as it's good he dont care it's mixed or pure.......A simple yet clear cut defination of a dog... being loyal, companionship, guarddog...

All dogs are specials in their own way, sadly because mixed breed are available easily ppl do not appreaciate them.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Mar 1, 2005, 6:54 AM

Post #17 of 23 (3775 views)
Shortcut

Ah... do you know that in US, mix breeds that are given fancy names are actully sold for the same price as a pet quality pure breed? Now people in US appreciate mix and mongrels.... I hope Malaysians will one day follow...

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

j-wong
Dog Kichi

Mar 1, 2005, 10:35 PM

Post #18 of 23 (3763 views)
Shortcut

haha hoorayyyyyy though animal's have better right in western countries they still get abused but at least they still get their right's defended.......

Well in here mongerls are for sale too in pudu market according to my dad...but i wouldn't sell them to the seller as i fear the pup's have a bigger chance ending up at the chopping board......

It just makes me sick that some countries sell's dog meat like chicken meat.....Mad and the worst is those dog meat eaters they love to torture the dog really bad b4 killing them....

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Mar 2, 2005, 6:20 AM

Post #19 of 23 (3757 views)
Shortcut

Yup... they are for sale in Pudu and also Petaling Street.... can get ah RM20 for a puppy... and mostly people that love eating dogs buy them loh coz cheap mah and people selling them don't care at all.

Yah... it is so sickening to see roasted dogs and stewed puppies selling by the roadside in Cambodia.... I can really puke lah and it is selling cheaper than roast chicken....

j-wong
Dog Kichi

Mar 3, 2005, 2:49 AM

Post #20 of 23 (3749 views)
Shortcut

Can imagine how can ppl choose a dog then eat's it.......it's gross and very inhuman....it's like they give all the love and loyalty and this is how they get repaid......

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 3, 2005, 8:03 AM

Post #21 of 23 (3745 views)
Shortcut

j-wong~

actually not only dogs, many other animals like what we normally eat such as pork, chickens are treated badly b4 we eat them... after visited www.peta.com i try to avoid eating meats, become seafoodarian... & vegetarian although i hate vege...

CY_LEE

Regards,

Yang

j-wong
Dog Kichi

Mar 4, 2005, 7:14 AM

Post #22 of 23 (3720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] A mixed breed is the better breed [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah...i know that's why i try not to boil soup using chicken's.....After witnessing how the chicken was slaughted at the market....Some vegetarians eat fish coz they say it has lesser neuron's

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Mar 4, 2005, 4:39 PM

Post #23 of 23 (3717 views)
Shortcut

Yah... it is so gross.... After watching Peta... how chickens and pigs are slaughted.... I feel so guilty so now I try to eat food that has less or no meat... so far now at school I eat roti and fries.... and rice with vege or fish and chips.... But I know that in Malaysia, ducks are treated very good and live in luxury before being killed...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my