Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2004, 12:14 AM

Post #1 of 120 (3767 views)
Shortcut
Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? Can't Post

hi!!! would like to share what tricks ur doggies know to do and how to teach them?

my taro know to left/right hand shake hand and give me 5....

the hand stuff.. i teach him one hand by one hand... and the give me 5.. i will put my hand infront of his nose with a treats bwtween my fingers... once his paw oush my hand i say 'give me 5' and let him eat.. my hand is just like a treats machine...1 push will have something drop out...

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2004, 1:04 AM

Post #2 of 120 (3765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? [In reply to] Can't Post

You can teach to crawl, do goggy push ups, pray, roll over, play dead.... I just went to book shop today and saw this book that teaches only doggy tricks... very good book if you want to teach Taro all the tricks....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Amanda85
Doggyman

Jul 18, 2004, 5:37 AM

Post #3 of 120 (3763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? [In reply to] Can't Post

my kinki also know high 5. i teach her hand first and when she mastered the hand command then i raise my hand up like high 5, then she will automatically give a high 5 to me

i also teach kinki to jump over the hula hoop. at 1st i put the hoop on the ground 1st and then use the treat to ask her to go over it. and then i slighty increase the high. now she's master of the hoop.

i don't known whether fetching the frisbee and the ball is a trcik a not. cause kinki is a natural fetcher. she will fetch and chase for anything that i threw over. all i nned to do is just use a treat to make her come back to me with the ball.

i also teach her crawling. but she doesn;t seem to master it. still need to me guide her by laying down and then use a treats to make her crawl.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 19, 2004, 7:59 AM

Post #4 of 120 (3748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? [In reply to] Can't Post

me very difficult to teach taro roll over ah... he alway turn his head.. although i floow the books say.. slowly pull back the treats to his butt and from left to right... but taro and will turn his head to an other side.. ai..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 19, 2004, 8:00 AM

Post #5 of 120 (3747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? [In reply to] Can't Post

taro don't know fetching one ah.. he will go there and take the stick... BUT he will come back with out it!!!

ohh jumping hoop ah.. ok ok i got 1 at home.. will try then.. heheeh.. fun wor.

thanks!

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 19, 2004, 4:57 PM

Post #6 of 120 (3745 views)
Shortcut

Huh? Why pull the treat back to the butt? I mean roll over side ways. You make Taro lie down, then take a treat and hold infront of his face, then make a big circle so he will follow the treat and sure will roll wan.... My friend taught his dog to do that..... Willy cannot do lah but he will roll over when I say chung liong so ok for me hahahaha......

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Jul 20, 2004, 10:19 AM

Post #7 of 120 (3737 views)
Shortcut

my doggy knows how to "rub eyes" ehehhe....

and lie down and bark and "bite" ... but just lightly =D

rub his eyes at first i just blow his eyes and when he rubs i say "rub eyes" and he's so good at it now hehe..
only needed to demonstrate to it less than 5 times...

to teach how to bite.. you keep some really good treats in ur hands.. then they might just bite.. really lightly.. actually they just open their mouth and put it on ur hands.. then u can tell them "bite" Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pets~
http://www.geocities.com/cherrryspets/petz.htm

In Loving Memories,
Rex(10May08) & Benji(20Feb08)
http://cherryonacherrytree.multiply.com/photos/album/42/Pets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 21, 2004, 7:10 AM

Post #8 of 120 (3730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? [In reply to] Can't Post

hahah thats funny one chong liong and roll over... because ah.. they say when the doggie try to look to the back and from one side to another right.. he will roll loh.. but taro ah.. will turn his head left to right.. will not follow the treats.. ai...ok ok i try then heheheh....

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 21, 2004, 7:12 AM

Post #9 of 120 (3729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? [In reply to] Can't Post

ohhhh bite is good wor.. can scare away bad ppl wor... hahah rub eye ah.... cute one.. like just wake up hahahha.... ok try on taro then.. thanks ya!!!

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Jul 21, 2004, 8:12 AM

Post #10 of 120 (3727 views)
Shortcut

hehehe but still he would never bite hard...
and he also knows how to "scratch" ... kinda same way as i teach him to bite ehhee...

he would sit down and scratch ur hands with right or left hand.. which ever u asked Cool

ehhehe wat else ur taro know ?
learn any more new ones ah ? ehhehee

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 21, 2004, 6:14 PM

Post #11 of 120 (3715 views)
Shortcut

Ah, then when he looking at the treat and almost want to turn ah, you push him to roll a bit.... Now I'm trying to teach Toby this hahahah.... almost there..... maybe a few more training sessions and then might berjaya....

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 22, 2004, 5:02 PM

Post #12 of 120 (3701 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? [In reply to] Can't Post

ohhh... aiyah i am sooo busy this day.. no time to login here and give taro do his normal homework... ai.... i don't have time to play with taro too... look at him i also sad... get home only see he is 'fat ngao dou'... can only give him a hug and sometime bring him for car ride only.. ai.. hope faster finished my thing and get back to normal lah... miss taro soo much...

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 22, 2004, 5:03 PM

Post #13 of 120 (3700 views)
Shortcut

yes ah? good lah then... i will teach taro soon.. no time for him now.. very sad lah....feel sooooo sorry to taro.. ai.....

have to settle all my thingsssss and faster get back to the normal stuff.... miss playing with taro everynight...a i..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jul 22, 2004, 5:20 PM

Post #14 of 120 (3699 views)
Shortcut

I'm sure Taro understands.... he got so many toys to play sure he can entertain himself hehehe....Smile

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Jul 22, 2004, 10:49 PM

Post #15 of 120 (3696 views)
Shortcut

yea i get u there... same here too sometimes...
eheh how old is ur taro ? any more doggies ?

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2004, 1:24 AM

Post #16 of 120 (3694 views)
Shortcut

Here's an old link that might be interesting... Smile Can help u out with some training too..

http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

yckuan
Novice

Jul 23, 2004, 3:10 AM

Post #17 of 120 (3692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! Your dogs are all so clever! It must have taken a lot of patience to train them. I think praises work better for the long term than treats.

Sometimes I watch the dog documentaries on cable TV discovery channel e.g. "Breed all about it" and "Animal Doctor" where they show some of the dogs in other countries. It's amazing what their dogs can do. The service dogs can really do amazing things after adequate training! And the kind of praise they give their dogs is astounding. I remember watching this "K9 Boot Camp" where the dogs are trained by military personnels to sniff out chemicals. Gosh! Their commander scolds the military personnels if they don't praise their dogs enough!! And when they praise, it's like they are squeaking or making funny noises in a high-pitched tone.

I always believe that dogs should be praised but not pampered too much. They should remember who's the leader of their pack (we all larr -- the owners!) and their place in the hierachy. Then they will obey the verbal commands even without treats.

Regards,

yckuan

a_evie
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2004, 6:47 AM

Post #18 of 120 (3690 views)
Shortcut

shalom's tricks got angin...when she knows you are angry or upset with her...she'll do all the tricks that you have taught her before. even the ones that i thought she failed!

so all in all..she has her shake hand. the other hand, bear bear, fetch leash, where's bunny (then she'll pick her bunny)...or where is pooh bear or tigger..and she;ll bring her friend lor. her high 5...not so good. cannot balance. i think coz her body is really too long. like a sausage dog stuck in a shih tzu body.

sometimes when she is cheeky..she'll bring to you and then start sitting in front of you. the moment you reach for her little friend..she'll take her little friend and run elsewhere....then sit and wait for you to go near her...when seh sees you coming nearer...again she'll take off!

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2004, 7:27 AM

Post #19 of 120 (3689 views)
Shortcut

but he still look sooo down lah... aiyah... the only thing i can do now is take him car ride about 9.30pm.. then bring him home... these few days i am soo tired until i can fall asleep infront of the pc when waiting it to load... ai..... really tired....@_@

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2004, 7:29 AM

Post #20 of 120 (3688 views)
Shortcut

taro just got 5 mths old lah hehehehe.. big boy lu hehehehe fatty one.. 15kgs lu...

me only got taro ah.. my own one lah... and 2 doggies.. i love but they r my freidn's one.. not mine... just treat them like mine lah ahahha..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2004, 7:30 AM

Post #21 of 120 (3687 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? [In reply to] Can't Post

ohh ok ok thanks for ur info ya!!! will go and visit....

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2004, 7:31 AM

Post #22 of 120 (3686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yckuan] Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey look at ur avatar oledi know ur baby is smart lu!! heheh.. good job ya!

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2004, 7:32 AM

Post #23 of 120 (3685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? [In reply to] Can't Post

halo!! happy to see u here!! hahha shalom is playful ya!! hahaha run away with her toy hahah.. cute one..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 23, 2004, 9:20 AM

Post #24 of 120 (3683 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yckuan] Wat tricks ur doggie know & how u teach? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

It depends what motivates them most. Back in the day,working dogs were just that. Collegues..not really family member. They hardly get praised and when they do,it really motivates them. Some get bred it in them..but it's hard to find a dog who would be solely motivated by just praise.Most of them get motivated by food or prey drive. Praise serves as sorta like a....command before the real treat.

hv to agree with u. All dogs hv great potential.It's up to the owners to bring them up to their fullest potential.Smile That's who a great trainer is.

Yea..high pitch sounds are like a dog whining..or playing.Notice when a dog gets excited..he barks in a high pitch. That's why low voice is for scolding cos it resembles growling.

The hierachy & dominance issue is right.But a dog must be motivated to do something. They're just like kids. After a while of telling them to do things without any reward...they will start to question why.And if this keeps up,u will get an unresponsive dog. With a dominant owner,he will not be challenged by the dog.But getting an unmotivated dog is not the way to go either. He will see obeying u as a chore..not as a game/something fun.

Just my 2 cents...hope to hear from u.Smile

"
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Jul 23, 2004, 9:29 AM

Post #25 of 120 (3681 views)
Shortcut

heeh 5 months already know so much.. but yea this is the age he should be trained =D
bull dog mer sure fat fat wan mostly kakaka... er.. i mean mostly heavy wan Blush

eheh so can say u got 3 doggies la Wink
how cool hehehe..... taro taro listen to ur owner ya.. make em happy with the tricks yeaa

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my