Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: General:
Advice needed! Importing dogs from Australia

ITKS
Novice

Jul 3, 2004, 4:00 AM

Post #1 of 5 (893 views)
Shortcut
Advice needed! Importing dogs from Australia Can't Post

I need urgent help here. I've got a 3 month old Cavalier that I would like to bring back home next week. I've contacted the Department of Vet. Services and they told me to obtain an import permit to which I have no problems. I have already arranged for JetPets, a pet courier in Melbourne to transport my dog back to KL.

My problem is, I don't know what to do from here. How do I collect my dog when I reach KLIA. I plan to send him a day before my flight so when I touch down, I will be able to collect him.

If anyone here have any experiences please share with me. My most important concern is, which building do I collect / clear my puppy from? Is it the main terminal building or the cargo building (or is there any other building?). I gave the KLIA cargo department a ring today and they have not been very helpful. They don't seem to know what they are talking. Any other advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jul 3, 2004, 6:02 AM

Post #2 of 5 (890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ITKS] Advice needed! Importing dogs from Australia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Even if you are travelling with your dog on the same flight, you will still be able to collect him. All that you need to do is to get someone in KL to apply for the import permit and fax a copy of to you in Australia so that you can used for the documentation purposed and flight arrangement. Keep the original in KL as you need that when you want to clear your dog. Arrange the dog to be sent to your family member or friend in KL so that they can help you to claim your dog.

In addition, you need to send your dog for health check out in Australia as your need to produce the health certificate when your clear your dog with the vet department in KLIA.

After the plane touch down, the dog will be delivered to the animal hotel in about 20 ~ 30 minutes. The animal hotel is located in the cargo area. Get your family member or friend to go to the cargo department to collect the freight document that will come along with the flight. With the freight document as well the the health certificate which you may want to send along with your dog, take them to the vet department and custom department just outside of the cargo complex for clearance. Once the document has been checked through by the vet officer and the custom officer, take them back to the cargo complex to make the necessary payment and collect the DO which you need to bring it to the animal hotel to collect your dog. The whole process will take about 1 hour.

I guess by the time you leave the passenger complex and make your way to the cargo area, your dog should be cleared by your family member and ready to take home.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

Riccaval
ALPHA

Jul 3, 2004, 9:34 AM

Post #3 of 5 (884 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ITKS] Advice needed! Importing dogs from Australia [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ITKS,

Thumbs up!! more and more students like you are returning home with ckcs. This can only augur well for the breed in M'sia.

Ok..lets see if i can be of any help. From your posting, i see you have no problems with the documentations and the flight arrangements. Jet Pets will take care of the health check and Vet.clearance(Aust. side) before shipment.

Once your dog arrives in M'sia it will be transported and kept at the Animal Hotel which is located at the far end of the Cargo Complex. To collect your dog, you would have to collect your documents(airway bills etc) first from the Mas Kargo office and then to the custom dept to prepare the cargo clearance form (office is nearby the DHL office). After that, you have to go to the Vet Dept (which is at a diffrent block, quite a distance away,go by car) to pay the Vet inspection/clearance fees.....then its back to the Animal Hotel to collect your dog.

After collecting the dog, its back to to the Vet Dept for their physical inspection and final clearance.(If they are lazy, they will skip the physical inspection) Then its back to the custom dept at the ground floor for custom clearance before the dog can be taken out of the main complex................LOL quite confusing isnt it....anyway hope I'm corrrect and nothing has changed as i typing this from memory. My last import(ckcs as well) was more than 1 year ago.

Once you have settle down with your ckcs, pls pay a visit to the ckcs thread and make friends with all ckcs owners in the forum. This can only be mutually beneficial.

If you have any doubts or queries u can bring it up and we'll see if we can help u out. All the best and hope everything goes smoothly.

Cheers,

Derrick(Riccaval Cavaliers)

ITKS
Novice

Jul 4, 2004, 1:35 AM

Post #4 of 5 (870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Advice needed! Importing dogs from Australia [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the helpful advice Riccaval and Khoobg!!

Yes, another query. I have not been home for 6 years++. Is the Animal Hotel far away from the passenger terminal? Where is the Mas Kargo office seeing that it's my first port of call. I don't have a slightest clue where all these building are.

Again... thank you soo much for your advice!

Riccaval
ALPHA

Jul 4, 2004, 8:16 AM

Post #5 of 5 (861 views)
Shortcut

ITKS, if you are travelling to KLIA using the putrajaya way from USJ/Subang Jaya then the Mas Cargo Complex is along the way. You have to look out for the signboard which indicates 'Litar F1'(F1 circuit) which is the same route to the cargo complex. The turn off is on your left and is quite a distance from the passenger terminal of KLIA. The Animal Hotel is within the Cargo Complex. Just pay attention to the signboard mentioned above.Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my