Bad Breath

nairud
K9 Maniac

Jun 29, 2004, 6:27 PM

Post #1 of 5 (536 views)
Shortcut
Bad Breath Can't Post

Hi,

My Piper is changin teeth now and she's having bad breath. What might be the cause of the bad breath?

I think i ter"kick" one of her growing incisor teeth off. It's the one rite before the right lower gigi taring. I think so. Coz the rest of the incisor teeths are growing already but that one is not to be seen yet. *sigh

But then isn't the new still growing teeth suppose to be strong enough? If i'm not mistaken i think i saw a teeth there before i kicked her mouth that day. If it's really growing it would have grown around 2 mm from out from the gum already. And i swept the floor to look for her teeth and i can't find it.

okok, here's how it happened, was playin fetch with her, and then i decided to play football with her. *sigh. Of all things, FOOTBALL!!!!. SHould have played football with her. At first it was ok, fun etc, then suddenly she decided to bite the small b4 i kicked it away. BANG!!! my sandal hit her mouth instead of the ball. She was bleeding after that on the gum. Every now and then when i saw her teeth, i keep asking myself, why did i kick that ball that day.

Join the JRT(Lil' Terrorist) Zone

Click me to join Piper in DogSter

Sorely missed, Grizzley and Whitey the Terrier

(This post was edited by nairud on Jun 29, 2004, 6:35 PM)

sbt
Enthusiast

Jul 1, 2004, 1:57 AM

Post #2 of 5 (518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nairud] Bad Breath [In reply to] Can't Post

Try Listerine.SlySly

On a serious note, I understand it hurt you as much as it hurt your puppy. I think that it could be some wound in the gum, that is causing the bad breath. When the wound is heal, it I suppose the bad breath will go away.
If unsure consult your Vet.
A Dog is for Life, Not just for Christmas

chrisong
Doggyman

Jul 1, 2004, 6:31 AM

Post #3 of 5 (515 views)
Shortcut

Hi !!!

Try to give your furkid "Greenies". It help to keep the bad breath away for weeks. You only give them once a week. Hope that help.

Regards,

Chrisong

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jul 1, 2004, 11:48 PM

Post #4 of 5 (497 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

Just a thought ... bad breath in dogs is usually cause by dirty teeth or teeth with tartar build up ... or cavities that have become infected ...

A young pup just changing its teeth should not have bad breath ...

If you suspect that the bad breath is cause by the loss of a tooth or when you accidentially kicked your dog ... then it may be that the gums were bruised or hurt and may have have become infected ...

To be safe ...take dog to vet for a check up ...

Cheers

nairud
K9 Maniac

Jul 1, 2004, 11:56 PM

Post #5 of 5 (494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Bad Breath [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

what's a greenie btw? green vege is it?

me blur blur from all the work.

Join the JRT(Lil' Terrorist) Zone

Click me to join Piper in DogSter

Sorely missed, Grizzley and Whitey the Terrier

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my