Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

KENDZ
Novice

Jun 26, 2004, 8:49 PM

Post #1 of 68 (18536 views)
Shortcut
Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog Can't Post

I am new to the forum and have not owned a GSD in ten years. Am finally getting my own place and plan to get one. Any good breeders that anyone can recommend? I don't intend to buy from a pet shop.
Kendz
GSDs Rule!

boon
Doggyman

Jun 27, 2004, 4:17 AM

Post #2 of 68 (18532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KENDZ] Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kendz,

Welcome aboard, by the way where r u from ? i have a czech gsd and now he is 7 months old, dark sable in color. another few members here also share the same/have passion for the working type of gsds. Anyway mind to tell us more about what you plan to do with ur future GSD ? Show ? SchH ? IPO ? Service Dog ? SAR ? PP ?

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

KENDZ
Novice

Jun 29, 2004, 11:00 PM

Post #3 of 68 (18507 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

I am from Subang Jaya. Nice to meet you. And where are you from? I have always been interested in GSDs. When I was a kid, I had one, and it was from British show stock. However, I noted that over the years, there has been a shift to German lines, which is good because my understanding is that the SV over there ensures that the participants in the Siegershau yearly has certain qualifications (protection, obedience as well as tracking) before it is allowed to compete. That would produce a dog that is correct in type and ability.

To be honest, I do intend to show my dogs, and as such I am looking to purchase one that has lineage back to SV registered stock. That would mean that the dog is trainable, but whether I want to train it to its full capabilities or not.

How about you? What made you get a Czech dog? Are they as highly trainable and fierce as I have heard? These are descendants of border patrol guard dogs rite? Are you training it for protection?
Kendz
GSDs Rule!

boon
Doggyman

Jun 29, 2004, 11:33 PM

Post #4 of 68 (18502 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KENDZ] Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Czech dogs are generally more into civil edge, whether fiercer than typycal german and ddr or not it depend on individuals. What make me into czech ? hmmmm i'm very new into this working gsd and y i like czech, becoz i enjoy the satification of getting this real animal to obey me. i like crazy dog and handler hard dogs.

Still long way to go for me..........learning new thing if not things everyday.

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

KENDZ
Novice

Jun 29, 2004, 11:53 PM

Post #5 of 68 (18499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

Surprised that you are on line. Yup, I just saw some picture of your dog Bosco on the the other thread. Looking good! Where did you get it? And is there a big following for protection dogs here in Malaysia? Can a german show line dog be trained in this as well? Also, where are you from?
Kendz
GSDs Rule!

boon
Doggyman

Jun 30, 2004, 12:03 AM

Post #6 of 68 (18497 views)
Shortcut

Bosco's mum carry the zPS kennel name and he is a 100% czech product, czech line. pls provide me ur email and i will send u Bosco's pedigree or alternatively u can reach me at

KENDZ
Novice

Jun 30, 2004, 12:20 AM

Post #7 of 68 (18495 views)
Shortcut

Hi Boon,

You can send it to . Thanks. How much did it cost? Any local bred czech line dogs?
Kendz
GSDs Rule!

KENDZ
Novice

Jun 30, 2004, 12:48 AM

Post #8 of 68 (18485 views)
Shortcut

Boon,

Cool Sent you the mail. Keep me updated on the protection dog scene here in Malaysia.
Kendz
GSDs Rule!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 5, 2004, 7:43 AM

Post #9 of 68 (18446 views)
Shortcut

Boon,

So generally, czech gsd's are harder and more civil?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 5, 2004, 7:45 AM

Post #10 of 68 (18446 views)
Shortcut

Hello, Smile

I'm from SJ too. Which part are you from?

Im interested in the working line dogs too. A real newbie though.

Have u found any good breeders yet?
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

KENDZ
Novice

Jul 8, 2004, 5:08 PM

Post #11 of 68 (18420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I am currently in USJ. Will be shifting to Puchong in a months time. Plan to get the dog then. There will be an AKU show in August. Plan to be there to assess which dogs are available locally. Don't think there's a need to import. Looks like a lot good dogs locally. I might want to consider show line dogs, my last shepherd was of the English type, but I prefer the German types.

About protection dogs, are there any groups here locally that are training for Shutzhund or ringsport? I know the internet has a wealth of info on this, but I don't think we can just reply on this train a proper dog.

Anyway, nice to meet you. Have you found a breeder of working line dogs yet?
Kendz
GSDs Rule!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 9, 2004, 8:13 AM

Post #12 of 68 (18396 views)
Shortcut

Hello, Smile

I agree with you..there isn't really a need to import dogs as they are already some here with good bloodlines.

Yes,there is a group here.They train for Sch but also for real protection.

Yeap. Just waiting for the pup to be born. But my options are still open.

Great to "meet" u.Cool
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

KENDZ
Novice

Jul 10, 2004, 8:33 PM

Post #13 of 68 (18380 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi RealityDreamer,

I was wondering, where can I find info on the current tops GSDs in the country? Any local GSD breeder websites out there? Haven/t been able to find any.

Thanks in advance.
Kendz
GSDs Rule!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 11, 2004, 6:56 AM

Post #14 of 68 (18362 views)
Shortcut

Hi,Smile

You could call MKA and ask for a list of breeders.Usually the first the recommend u would be pretty good...*ahem* ahem* his sire name would start with F. His dogs are pricey though. IMHO.You could also check the Berita Anjing,MKA's magazine for the show results. I don't think there was any show just for GSD's recently (I'm not sure..but I don't think so) so can't really get a list of the top GSD's. Only how those fared in the usual ABC.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

KENDZ
Novice

Jul 12, 2004, 7:33 PM

Post #15 of 68 (18341 views)
Shortcut

Hi Reality,

Yeah I have seen the Locally bred Gr.Ch. He looks pretty impressive. Does he throw good puppies as well? Or does his own sire throw better pups? Do you have his pedigree? That would be cool.

Thanks.
Kendz
GSDs Rule!

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 12, 2004, 10:09 PM

Post #16 of 68 (18339 views)
Shortcut

Hi,Smile

Well, I can't comment as I hv only seen one pup frm a stud of his. Xanto's pup. The one I saw had pretty good conformation but has terrible nerves and got stolen at 2 yrs old.

I know of only 2 of his dogs. Xanto vom Klostermoor (spelt something like that) and Winnerall Laura. Personally, I would not get a pup from those lines . You could try searching for the pedigrees at www.pedigreedatabase.com At the moment,the site is down.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

PSD
ALPHA

Jul 12, 2004, 10:56 PM

Post #17 of 68 (18337 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kendz n RD,

If its show dogs then Dato F is the right person to look for. I think he had managed to do some good things for his show dog development as far as show conformation is concerned.

About temprement n nerves then I wont say more loh. There is a really big gap in that already.

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Jul 13, 2004, 5:16 AM

Post #18 of 68 (18320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD,KENDZ] Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkPSD's right.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2004, 7:42 AM

Post #19 of 68 (18316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [All] Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All,

Kendz,

Welcome aboard...!!Smile

I know U r looking for good show quality pup, .. but

......but has terrible nerves and.....

I thk U should take RD observation seriously and avoid tis line .... even though U maybe only looking for showline dog...!! Shocked

...purchase one that has lineage back to SV registered stock. That would mean that the dog is trainable...

JMO, if U r looking for SV showline stock tht comes wt good trainability, I suggest looking for dog/pup wt recent lines back to both Zamb W & Cello R.

If not....just like RD mentioned earlier, there r some quality workingline GSD around .....maybe U should give it some thought !! Wink....at the end of the day...it is the total package that count { it must not only look like GSD but must oso act like one },....skittish-ness is definitely not part of GSD character/standard .....Tongue....! !

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

(This post was edited by Polluxx on Jul 13, 2004, 8:04 AM)

KENDZ
Novice

Jul 13, 2004, 9:08 PM

Post #20 of 68 (18294 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi guys,

Nice to meet all of you and thanks for taking the time to answer my thread. Polluxx, when you meant

'JMO, if U r looking for SV showline stock tht comes wt good trainability, I suggest looking for dog/pup wt recent lines back to both Zamb W & Cello R.', the two dogs you were referring to were:

1) VA Zamb von der Wienerau

2) V Cello von der Römerau

? If yes, would these bloodlines be available here in Malaysia? There is another GSD making its rounds in the show ring, Olli something..... what about that dog? Does anyone have the pedigree? That and Zanto's as well? It would be very much appreciated.

Once again, thanks for the help.
Kendz
GSDs Rule!

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Jul 13, 2004, 11:31 PM

Post #21 of 68 (18275 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kendz,

Yes they r the dogs I was referring to .....! !... but I'm not sure whether U will find their line (descendent) over here....!! if U know any, do drop me a note ....esp wt regards to Cello, he is known to produce some strong driven dog that would make a workingline folks feel proud...!! Wink .....

Did U meant Olli V Zaberhoff (sp...??), well frm his photo, I thk he got nice pigment but from wht I heard ....."he is lacking in spirit" , not driven..??...!! ,

Btw it is best that U chk out the dogs personally !! , showline being not my cup of tea so I thk I had better not comment too much, can never get used seeing the "plush coat & extreme angulation" in showline GSD....!! Cool

Best of luck in your search...!!

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2004, 3:40 AM

Post #22 of 68 (18252 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi PSD,

Since we r in tis topic, I was wondering do U have any fave SV showline GSD that really impress U ? or should I put it tis way, the one that U might seriouly consider feeding him/her in ur kennel .....Wink he he he..??

BTW .....recent dog only !! (the last 20 yrs)

PSD
ALPHA

Jul 15, 2004, 6:01 PM

Post #23 of 68 (18240 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Haiya! Pollux ah! Why u peli me this leh?....hehehehhe.

For me, any GSD which has the nerve of steel, courage of a Bear and vitality of a cheetah and loyalty of the pack will get food in my kennel. The rest are just wannabe's....lol. To be fair, I have to say that I bore no distinct hatred for showlines. Just that nowadays, its getting almost impossible to find those mentioned traits in showlines breedings. They seam to be weakened so much by the years and to maintain or at least not cause further dilution of nerves n temprements, a good show breeder will have to infuse working bloodline into their program and this needs alot of dedication in the breeder.

Many of the showlines today are from the Winerau's while they are good in the yesteryears, I personally feel that they are too much overused. If I'm into show then I would be looking for lineage with no connection of Winerau at all where my option will then be very open to combine the genepool to the best of winerau's. But this is just my personal yapping......god forbid that I appear in showring showing GSD's lolTongue

PSD

Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Jul 15, 2004, 8:47 PM

Post #24 of 68 (18213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] Where to find good SV type German Shepherd Dog [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi PSD,

...the nerve of steel, courage of a Bear and vitality of a cheetah and loyalty of the pack

.... sounds like a "Super Dog" to me....!! Tongue ...wht abt - faster than a obese handller, able to leap over an A-frame in a single leap ....and best of all ........"buddy" for life...!! .....he he he..!! Smile

If I'm into show then I would be looking for lineage with no connection of Winerau at all where my option will then be very open to combine the genepool to the best of winerau's

I dun thk the show GSD genepool can ever get away frm Winerau/Arminius line just like every GSD would be able traced back to Horand !! ... I thk the Martinss did a "great job" in leaving their legacy behind....

....god forbid that I appear in showring showing GSD's lolTongue

Who knows.....maybe one day there will be a change in SV direction , we can only hope it is not too late by then....!!

Yo PSD,.....I'm sure there must be one showline that U fancy.....come on...just one only...!!

PSD
ALPHA

Jul 15, 2004, 10:11 PM

Post #25 of 68 (18207 views)
Shortcut

Yo PSD,.....I'm sure there must be one showline that U fancy.....come on...just one only...!!

Hehehehehe, maybe if I can answer u a bit differently as instead of a show line I fancy....maybe I can give u a working line that is worthwhile for great conformation. Then my vote goes to Karlo Peko Haus hands down.SlyWinkLaugh Hahahahaha I'm Tai Chi-ing your Q there....lol.

PSD

(This post was edited by PSD on Jul 15, 2004, 10:16 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my