Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
my adult dog and new puppie are getting along fine but.......

tipperpup
Novice

Jan 7, 2003, 6:47 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1327 views)
Shortcut
my adult dog and new puppie are getting along fine but....... Can't Post

my emma [3 years] and my new pup tipper are getting along great.emma is used to having different dogs around her all the time,you see i'm a petsitter and emma will interact with all of them,so i had no problem at all with her and puppy .emma has amazed me,with her instinctive gentel play with tipper, exspecialy when she otherweise plays quit rufly with adult dogs,but here is my problem how can i teach tipper not to chew on my slippers and other thinks,and how will i do so later when teethin starts,when every toy i bye for her will get stollen and riped up by EMMA!!!!i bought also konk toys and nylobones but emma will not let the puppy play with them.i do bye everything in twos,one for emma one for tipper!!! does enyboddy know what to do,i need HELP!!!my slippers are all in shreds and it is cold here in canada!!!! sabine [tipperpup]

astrojulie
Novice

Jan 18, 2003, 12:16 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1303 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tipperpup] my adult dog and new puppie are getting along fine but....... [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's waht you could do:

Put something hot, like pepper, on the slippers that you DON'T wear. After a few times, the dog should get the idea that eating slippers is not very tasty Smile if you don't want to do something as drastic as slippers, then use a food they don't like, but make sure it's safe! And in the meeantime, you can keep the slippers you wear on a high shelf when you're not wearign them, so that your dog can't get to them. Hope that helps! And if you ever catch them in the act of eating your slippers, jsut say firmly NO, but whatever you do, DON'T hit them!
~Many Good Dog Years!~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my