How much does a heartworm jab cost!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

sk472001
Novice

Jun 14, 2004, 1:58 PM

Post #1 of 27 (19640 views)
Shortcut
How much does a heartworm jab cost! Can't Post

Can anyone let me know where can i get a cheapest jap for heartworm. I heard a jap cost roughly about RM170. Please do help me out if you'll have any place where is cheap.
Miniature Pinscher

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jun 15, 2004, 8:24 AM

Post #2 of 27 (19630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sk472001] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

The cost will depend on the weight of your dog and the rate are pretty standard in most place. You will have to check the rate with VET in your vicinity.

However, it is alway safer to go for monthly heartworm tablet such as Heartgard and the BullMastiff, it will possible cost your about RM 13 ~ RM 14 per month. The annual heartworm prevention injection are now known to cause fatality in older dog and some dogs died within a week of the injection. The fatality rate is however very low but it may happen.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

sk472001
Novice

Jun 15, 2004, 11:09 AM

Post #3 of 27 (19624 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thats a very good info for me, thanks a lot for that, let me try some pills first and get some advice form the vet as well. Thank you. Very much appriciated.
Miniature Pinscher

coolio_2005
Dog Kichi

Dec 28, 2005, 12:56 AM

Post #4 of 27 (19102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there...

i got a 4 month old PUG and planing to give him the heartworm jab. but i'm not sure which is better, medicine or injection? some of my frens claim that injection is not that good, they suggested me to go for tablets...

pls kindly advice... thank you...

thecorrs
Novice

Jan 6, 2006, 2:49 AM

Post #5 of 27 (19080 views)
Shortcut

I hated the injection. My dog died of that but the dr decline

Then I found out the heartworm injection was banned worldwide. why the local vets still using so terrible

Anybody know any contact government or any organization I can complaint to stop this banned product from killing any other dog.

http://www.counterthink.org/016344.html

coffee

Jan 7, 2006, 9:48 PM

Post #6 of 27 (19067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thecorrs] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

You clamied that your dog was sick for 4 days and diarrhoea after Inj, on March

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=124529;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Then Bob died 2 days after another inj, on Sep

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=164842;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=164670;#164670

And then died 3 days later,

http://www.puppy.com.my/...?post=164694;#164694

Which one is true?

Are you just a bullshitting, or stupid enough to inject your dog again within so short time knowing that the injection is dangerous? Strange, isn't it? What's your intention? What do you want?

(This post was edited by coffee on Jan 7, 2006, 9:58 PM)

coffee

Jan 7, 2006, 10:24 PM

Post #7 of 27 (19063 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thecorrs] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

By any chance do you know therocks?

chrisong
Doggyman

Jan 8, 2006, 3:39 AM

Post #8 of 27 (19060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coffee] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think this fellow must be selling heartworm product, that want to damage their competitor name. Based on this fellow posting history in puppy.com forum all the posting he/she is saying the injection kill his/her dog "BOB". Funny right. It is so obvious that he/she want to spoil tht particular product name in the forum.

Thank you coffee, tht notice this fellow bad intention here.

heroemily
Novice

Feb 22, 2006, 12:35 AM

Post #9 of 27 (18840 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

izzit heart worm is a death disease?

cannot cure once infected?

will it spread to other dogs?

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 22, 2006, 4:19 AM

Post #10 of 27 (18835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [heroemily] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it is very dangerous. I personally did not experience it before so can't really tell you much about this decease.

heroemily
Novice

Feb 22, 2006, 4:25 PM

Post #11 of 27 (18814 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for it.

so the better way izzit to provide my doggies pil 2eat?

how long that they need to take the pil?

izzit called pro heart?

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 22, 2006, 4:50 PM

Post #12 of 27 (18812 views)
Shortcut

I give Heartgard to my furkids. You need to give the heartworm tablet to ur furkid monthly to prevent the heartworm decease. Giving the tablet as long as you wanted to prevent it.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 22, 2006, 5:22 PM

Post #13 of 27 (18811 views)
Shortcut

hi heroemily and chrisong... Smile

it's a coincidence that due to recent events, i'm starting to learn and read about heartworms... from what i read, although heartworm is a serious and potentialy fatal disease, it is also treatable in most cases... the disease is spread by mosquitoes, so if a mosquito bites an infected dog, the mosquito could infect other dogs that it bites later on...

here is an article that u could read about heartworm... www.homevet.com/petcare/heartwor.html

alternatively, do a quick search on any search engine for 'canine heartworm' and all u need to know about the disease will be answered... all the best... Cool

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

mbless
K9 Kaki

Feb 22, 2006, 7:40 PM

Post #14 of 27 (18805 views)
Shortcut

Hi hero... my fren silky had heart worm...though he did not die from it but the treatment was costly. Also the dog was in pain. He was breathless. He recovered n lived for many yrs b4 he died of old age. So its better to prevent than cure. It is also cheaper n less headache.
Its a tablet tat taken monthly. My dog will tell u its no tablet but a treat... Hmmmm... slurp slurp... he loves it. Everytime I take it out he will go slurp slurp.
He takes Heartguard. U can get one from petshop/vet. Get according with their weight.

heroemily
Novice

Feb 22, 2006, 9:09 PM

Post #15 of 27 (18801 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ai_ney] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

ok thanks for all the info...

another question,izzit must do the blood test 1st before take the heartguard?

the pethouse owner ask me to do blood test before starting take the pill, izzit the correct way?

what's the symptom of the heart worm?

izzit faced difficulty to breath?

i suspect my mixed shih tzu have heart worm that's y her owner sell her cheaply..

she always open her mouth to breath all the time and making some '' he he he'' sound whenver she open her mouth.

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 22, 2006, 9:31 PM

Post #16 of 27 (18800 views)
Shortcut

yes, u need to send yr dog to the vet for a blood test to determine if she is heartworm positive or negative... if negative, u can quickly start yr dog on the prevention... most of us give our dogs heartgard which is a monthly tablet, altho like mbless said, it is actually more like a treat coz dogs just love and gulp them down... if positive, touch wood, yr vet will advice on the medication to cure it...

do have a read again at the article i posted... u will find a lot of info u need from it...

all the best and hope all is well with yr dog... Smile

Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

coffee

Feb 25, 2006, 10:04 PM

Post #17 of 27 (18779 views)
Shortcut

For heartworm infestation, it is not like the dog got one worm then will die. Actually it is a cumulative problem. Over the years, with continuous exposure, more heartworm got mature in the dog. The heartworms compromise the heart function as vital organ. Then signs heart problem or even heart failure follow. But some dog start to have problem even with less than 5 worms in the heart because the heart already has problem to start with.

It is not death sentenced to get heartworm but the treatment is very expensive and dangerous. The dog can die of the treatment instead of heartworm disease itself. For intestinal worm, when you given dewormer, the worms come out witht he stool. If you kill the heartworm, guess when the worms go? Some of the damages resulting from the treatment can cause problem later on in life. And the dog can get reinfected with heartworm if heartworm prevention not started at once.

silvrash
Enthusiast

Mar 15, 2006, 6:39 PM

Post #18 of 27 (18690 views)
Shortcut
Re: [coffee] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Haha, this is funny. 2 day turn in to 6mth, die liaw then die again O.O'', it came back alive? Shocked Or else the is must have calculation problem. Next time, count properly larr, Actually, as much as i know, for to heartworm injection (Proheart) that cause death in US is different serial number from the one being use in Malaysia, i think one is PH6 & PH12, 6 is in US and 12 in m'sia,if i remebeer correctly. and the 1 being use in m'sia haven cause so much damage(i think, not sure about west msia). & i think many ppl here are still giving them annual heartworm injection(unaware of the incident in US) but for myself, i give mthly, just incase to prevent anything that happen. and got some of my relative to do too :p, i mean since the price of the mthly add up are same as the annual 1 & the furkids love the beef, so why not. i always get my kids to do some tricks when i feed them the heartworm XD but of course, need to remember to jot down the dates ^^ "This is just what i think lah, cause the injection are given according to the dogs weight, so sometime if the dosage is too much it will surely affect the dog. and for those that have worm in it, maybe the worms are killed and are too much, and block the vein and cause the dog to die... cause dogs are not like human, our body is immune to medic, disease(some), cure and are use to taking medicine. but dogs arent, so maybe when the whenever we bring them to treatment(any), some will die because they cannot handle what is put inside their body especially when the medic is too strong. they're already sick & weak, then give strong medicine again.... :s no need to say also know lar same goes to bird, rabbit and stuff. when these guys are sick and give injection, "usually" they cant past it.... secondly, is probably the lack of knowledge in these fields. so thats why we need a pro yet a vet that truely care for animals and not just want to earn and dig money from you and ask you to give this and that to your kid. and thinking that your a big potato :p" <---- ok, again this is just what i personally think, not what fact or anything.
www.wretch.cc/album/LilLiFashion

frans81
Novice

Dec 17, 2007, 11:11 PM

Post #19 of 27 (17390 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Just in case anyone else is still interested in this topic. I got the injection for RM50.00 (6months) for my 4 months old puppy. The fees is excluding the consultation fees as my membership with the pet shop entitle for free consultation fees.

mickey123
Enthusiast

Dec 19, 2007, 12:29 AM

Post #20 of 27 (17378 views)
Shortcut
Re: [frans81] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

would you mind telling me what breed is your dog? cause I heard that they charge us according to the size of the dog.. and I have a 4 month old black lab.. and will take her for vet again next month.. might take the pro-heart or heart guard.. depends on the vet's suggestion (I'm going to change a new vet, cause my current vet cheated me on the vaccine.. ). Thank you

mickey123
Enthusiast

Post #21 of 27 (17378 views)
Shortcut

would you mind telling me what breed is your dog? cause I heard that they charge us according to the size of the dog.. and I have a 4 month old black lab.. and will take her for vet again next month.. might take the pro-heart or heart guard.. depends on the vet's suggestion (I'm going to change a new vet, cause my current vet cheated me on the vaccine.. ). Thank you very much.

mickey123
Enthusiast

Post #22 of 27 (17378 views)
Shortcut

would you mind telling me what breed is your dog? cause I heard that they charge us according to the size of the dog.. and I have a 4 month old black lab.. and will take her for vet again next month.. might take the pro-heart or heart guard.. depends on the vet's suggestion (I'm going to change a new vet, cause my current vet cheated me on the vaccine.. ). Thank you very

frans81
Novice

Dec 21, 2007, 11:18 PM

Post #23 of 27 (17336 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

mine is pekingese cross shih tzu Smile super small size like pekingese.. now abt 4 months weight only ard 500gm

mickey123
Enthusiast

Dec 22, 2007, 7:17 PM

Post #24 of 27 (17312 views)
Shortcut

hahaha.. thanks.. well, mine is 4 month old too.. but, weight more than 10 kg already.. pretty huge.. hahaha.. so, I don't think I will get RM 50 for her heatworm jab.. :) will let you all know after I take her for the jab on Jan. Thanks agian.

frans81
Novice

Dec 24, 2007, 6:03 PM

Post #25 of 27 (17286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickey123] How much does a heartworm jab cost! [In reply to] Can't Post

4 months = 10 kg??? Shocked wat type of breed u have??? lolz... the lab. in ur avatar ar?? lab can be so heavy at 4 months or u feed her 10 times a day Laugh???

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my