*Mak's chat zone*

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

makrawl
Canine Addict

May 27, 2004, 12:22 AM

Post #76 of 187 (2077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nathalie] *Mak's chat zone* [In reply to] Can't Post

hah?! really these chemicals absorb through the skin?? now i'm REALLY worry. usually i'll have half a bucket of water that added with 5ml of bayticol and "rinse" them well after the bathing is done and let them dry slowly. i admit that last week i lower down the dosage as i'm worry they might got poison instead of the ticks.

my lady, i tell u what.... it is better to get enough sleep coz if u don't ....... you'll look older than what u really r! scarry leh...... lots of ppl tends to eat a lot of stuff to keep young but they forget the most fundamental and important thing- SLEEPING. sleep for at least 7-8 hours (if u can) and u'll feel different in no time. really! of course, don't take me as an example as i'm lack of sleep and looks very "aged" now. and drink lots of water

makrawl
Canine Addict

May 27, 2004, 12:43 AM

Post #77 of 187 (2075 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mieliki] *Mak's chat zone* [In reply to] Can't Post

actually it is better to take a look at the sire and dam before u purchase any pups. i know sometimes they r just too cute that makes u forget anything. but to make sure that you r going to have a healthy dog that doesn't have any heritable problem...... then u must calm yourself down and find out whatever that is necessary. and once the dog is into the family, no matter what happen to the dog, we, as their owner MUST not leave them no matter what! recently my friend married to Singapore and she is going to bring her shi tzu mix (about 5-6 yo) there too! i totally support her decision.

nathalie
Doggyman

May 27, 2004, 3:28 AM

Post #78 of 187 (2073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [makrawl] *Mak's chat zone* [In reply to] Can't Post

actually once i put a lil thicker of mixture for teddy, a few hours after that he started vomitting and feeling lethergy..he did not drink coz i was very careful with him. later i brought him to the vet, he said that the measurement is quite important..so 5ml with 5 litres of water make sure it's 5 litres of water or else it'll absorb into the body and is harmful to your dogs.

if u do the tick bath weekly u'll realise that your dog's hair will be drier and more coarse..not so shiny anymore..tats why it should not be done weekly..if u have to do it weekly, try to use conditioner or else ur doggies hair sure become non shiny n dry.

ermm..i get enought sleep coz i wake up at 1 or 2 pm daily eventhough i sleep at 5am..juz after exams then i'll be a normal human being again. my mum always complain that i'm a vampire coz my sleeping time's different from a human being. hello, i also look very aged mah..look like aunty d..Frown ..got dun worry got sleep wan..but never eat nutritional foodloh coz my mum dunno how to cook all those herbs n things like tat..i do drink alot of water...drink at least 4 litres of water a day Smile

hello, ask me to sleep early..u also sleep earlylah..after work means hit the sacklah..not that u have exams of stuffs like that..dogs juz take them for a walk n feed them..after that go rest n u'll look young again..hehe..see told u d the next time u come back it's the 4th page d..heheTongue

mieliki
Dog Kichi

May 27, 2004, 9:47 AM

Post #79 of 187 (2069 views)
Shortcut

Thank god I've not let her out of the house yet.. The tick problems you all mention here is freaky le..Unsure

Oh well.. happy happy.. she will make noise whenever I shut off the lights.. So now everyday when I leave the place, have to make sure the aircond, lights and radio is on. Otherwise she'll show me her temper and bite me all over when I come back..

I still have some scars to show.. Unimpressed

Anybody willing to give me some lessons on how to boss my furmistress around?Tongue

nathalie
Doggyman

May 27, 2004, 11:42 AM

Post #80 of 187 (2065 views)
Shortcut

ermm..at the moment better keep her indoorslah..coz ticks can cause tick fever which is quite dangerous for pups even adults. since ur babt's immune system's still low..better keep him indoors and of course away from other dogs

wah..now u officially belong to her d, u r mieliki's 'dog'..hehe. welcome to the world of furslave..where all of us are slaves to our dogs. but your's extreme caselah..muz on radio & lights plus air cond lagi..wow pampered nya Angelic

what about buying some toys for her? or some rawhides to keep her busy? Crazy or whatever she likes to play like rope toys n plastic bottles?

wah..not bossy enufkah ur dog? still wan to make her happy & pamper her ah? later u susahlah if u over pamper her..u won't be going holidays peacefully coz worrying over her 24/7 Smile

mieliki
Dog Kichi

May 27, 2004, 1:19 PM

Post #81 of 187 (2062 views)
Shortcut

well.. she likes to chew on newspapers that I've put on the floor and later have me find all the pieces of chewed newspaper all over the place. Besides that, she'd just love the idea of jumping at me and start her biting.

Radio, lights and air-cond is a must to stop her from become hot. The fan can't seem to cool her down. And when she's hot.. she'll like to be unpredictable.. wee-wee and poo-poo everywhere & dragging papers and playing with poo-poo.. Frown

now itself also can't go out for more than 3 hours without coming back to check on her liao.. where dare to even think of going holiday le? I'm afraid my furmistress might bring the whole roof down if I'm away for more than 3 hours.. Wanna go watch Troy also have to think of how to smuggle her into the cinema. *sigh*

Mieliki

Forever the slave to Gucci the Glutton

makrawl
Canine Addict

May 27, 2004, 7:10 PM

Post #82 of 187 (2059 views)
Shortcut

yeah, the chemical will make their fur dry and besides, i don't like the smell too. it's like soaking your dog into the diesel tank. this morning i found another two ticks on Goldy's head and i've decide to THROW that bottle of chemical spray away since it does not work. actually it scares me when i read the lable. do u know that we catergories our registered poisons into 5 groups? from 1a, 1b, 2, 3 and 4. and our aerosol spray, tick poison is catergorise under class 4. but when i read the instructions, they'll ask u to wear gloves when using it (for some chemical, that include some tick poison as i remember) sounds very scarry. as i said..... to USE........or NOT to USE....... that's really hard to decide.

u know, actually i'm the kind of very "jeen gark" (cantonese) ppl. when weekend comes, my body will tell me that "it's time to get some good rest" but later my mind will tell me "hey! it's weekend and u have two days off, so keep awake and have some fun activities" and i'll go to bed very late like about 2-3 am and wake up at 8-9am (my "biology" clock is set to wake up at this time, no alarm clock is needed). and ended up even worse on Monday.

oh my... siddenly i miss the assam laksa at Jalan Penang near Komtar...... HELP! i really miss the food!

nathalie
Doggyman

May 27, 2004, 7:30 PM

Post #83 of 187 (2057 views)
Shortcut

yup..sueddenly realised that bayticol poisonous kan? me too tats why i dun do it..juz once or twice a mth. scary also coz after u soak them your hand feels 'hot' as though the chemical's burning your hands..worse still if u have bruises & cuts. 2 ticks oni..u catchlah..coz cathing will really reduce it..last time i catch everyday till no more ticks n no i'm doing the same to the fleas but of course it's hard coz they jump..but still trying my best

wah 'jeen gark' , is tat how u label yourself? me hmm..hope that weekend comes get to sleep late also but usually won't coz used to waking up at 10am..sometimes i still sleep till 2pm..like nowadays when i'm having exams but i'll feel lazy..so muz wake up early to study..Frown

wah..u consider 2-3am late? what do u do tat time? i normally sleep after 3am..like u said biological clock..heheTongue

what u want me to do about the assam laksa? wan me to bring from Pg to u? coz i'm coming this weekend?Crazy

nathalie
Doggyman

May 27, 2004, 7:36 PM

Post #84 of 187 (2057 views)
Shortcut

oh her name's Gucci? no wonderlah u treat her like a Gucci bag also Smile

wah, she sounds like very destructive..ever thought of sending her to OB class after she completed her vaccinations? it's good to at least discipline her plus u can spend more quality time with with her too.

she pee & poo when u dun on all those things? scaryleh..makes her sound like she's a monster or what. cannot go out for more than 3 hours? are u working or studying? then how? bring her along to work/college? Crazy

after u & ur gf have her, definitely less time for both of u to 'pak toh' d..sad, but it's good that both of u so sayangkan her..she muz be very bahagia Smile

makrawl
Canine Addict

May 27, 2004, 7:45 PM

Post #85 of 187 (2057 views)
Shortcut

puppys or dogs, when they r left alone, the might behave very different from what they usually r. my dogs r acting like that. if they r left alone, my dearie Goldy will pee at the wrong place and beauty will dig the garden. but recently i give them beefhides and that keeps them busy and things improve. tearing papers or whatever is normal. pups r pups, they r a bit naughty sometimes. so since she chews on the papers, just remove it.

as for the jumping and biting, it is better to use the positive training method to train her about what is a good behaviour and what is a "no no". for my case, they like to jump on me too. so what i do is, i'll order them to sit down (before this, make sure she know the command of SIT) quietly and i'll pet, praise or give them some treats. ignore them when they jump on u and walk away. soon they'll realise that by jumping to me, they don't get what they r expecting (pat, praise or treats) so now, they just sit down and wait instead of jumping like mad. but remember, GIVES COMMAND ONLY ONCE. don't act like my cousin. when he wants his dog to sit, he'll shouted "SIT! SIT! SIT!........." for infinity times. that's so NOISY. i give command once (it works most of the time) and in a low and soft tone coz i hate shouting. well, i think it's time for u to buy some quality books to read on the good training methods.

makrawl
Canine Addict

May 27, 2004, 8:05 PM

Post #86 of 187 (2054 views)
Shortcut

i like to watch the discovery channel, animal planet and National geographic channel during that time. coz after everyone goes to bed, the TV WILL BE MINE....ALL MINE..... HAHAHAHAHA....... (sounds evil.......). and i like to listen to my jazz collection at late night as it is quiet. maybe some reading as well. nathalie, i've passed the teenage period loh.... old ppl have less energy to stay awake till morning loh. old man sleeps earlier.

WAH! u wanna "DA BAO" assam laksa for me kah? thanks but don't want to trouble u lah. my family is going to Penang this weekend too! maybe i'll ask them to bring it back. i tell u besides this assam laksa, i also miss the "Chee Cheong Fan" with prawn paste very BADLY. taste soooooooooooooo good! my god... i'm damn hungry now. I WANT MY LUNCH! (monster characters shows..........)

mieliki
Dog Kichi

May 28, 2004, 9:37 AM

Post #87 of 187 (2044 views)
Shortcut

MAkrawl & Nathalie,

Well, she's not all that bad.. I did consider sending her for OB classes, but have no idea where to get any. MKA seems to be asking that we join as member before we can attend their classes. All I want is just the training *sigh* Any recommendations?

Let's see.. never considered her a destructive monster.. just a puppy with her devil horns hidden. Tongue Still waiting for her jabs to complete then will bring out to sociallise more often and then attend OB classes when and if I can find any.

I'm working at the moment. Thankfully my workplace's just 5 mins walk to/from home. So during breaktime, I'd walk back and check on her. So far today she surprised me with her unusually quiet mood. Maybe she can sense her bathday later today and vet visit tomorrow.. lovely..

kesuke
Doggyman

May 28, 2004, 10:46 PM

Post #88 of 187 (2040 views)
Shortcut

ah goody goody....welcome any photos!! Cool

i read that you're combating ticks and fleas huh? i really detest them..is there any 'miracle drug' or something like that that can kill them all?? MadMad and you keep both your dogs indoors right? how do you keep them tick/flea-free??

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

nathalie
Doggyman

May 29, 2004, 3:52 AM

Post #89 of 187 (2037 views)
Shortcut

wah..homely man who likes to sit at home & watch TV during weekends...hmmm..tot guys like this extinct already..Tongue fighting over TV? i fight over PC..so same caselah..but i dun generally fight for TV coz we have 3 TVs at home..no one want to watch also..the TV in my room like berkarat d..heheWink

listen to jazz? wow so relaxing & soothing, so not nathalie..hehe..my nites are soent either online or catching my dog's fleas, ticks or grooming them..that explains why my dog's paw pad has no hairs & their nails are short..heheLaugh

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jun 3, 2004, 7:31 PM

Post #90 of 187 (2027 views)
Shortcut

congratulations as u've found a live fossil then! Laugh

so how was your trip to KL?

too bad, as my mother didn't bring back the shrimp paste "chee cheong fun" from Penang to me.Frown

i don't know, actually i was also not into jazz last time. i listen to alternative all the time like radiohead, Tori Amos, Bjork etc. after sometime someone introduce the jazz and Bossa Nova really drive me crazy and i'm stick to it until now. actually i also listen to chinese orchestra music and classic too. sorry to say that buut i hate pop songs as all the songs r so "familiar". and the lyrics r so similar.

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jun 3, 2004, 7:37 PM

Post #91 of 187 (2025 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] *Mak's chat zone* [In reply to] Can't Post

well, actually my dog r not allow to enter the house as there's already a tigress staying in the house. she's my mother.Laugh ECS sheds a lot and she even complained to me that the fur enters the house when wind blows, u think i can get them in? i don't think so.

r u busy? didn't see you for quite sometime here. me? as usuall. busy and tired.

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jun 3, 2004, 7:41 PM

Post #92 of 187 (2024 views)
Shortcut

oh, so your dog's name is Gucci? hope u didn't use her as a HAND BAG!

kesuke
Doggyman

Jun 3, 2004, 8:16 PM

Post #93 of 187 (2022 views)
Shortcut

hahaah...you say your mom's a tigress!!! eheheh....LaughSly oh ECS sheds alot..well...okie then, it's hard to get them in. that's another prob with my mom too. the hair of the doggies all over the house if we keep them indoors. so my poor doggies have to be outside..Unsure not that i have any right now..

i'm quite alright..not really busy. you seem to be tired most of the time. do take good care of yourself. and i read from your replies to nat that you're a homely guy huh? well that's really something! ehehhe...and i thot most guys like to hang out and lepak during weekends...SlyTongue

makrawl
Canine Addict

Jun 4, 2004, 2:11 AM

Post #94 of 187 (2016 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
...and i thot most guys like to hang out and lepak during weekends...SlyTongue

ok let me correct this quote, "actually most RICH guys like to hang out and lepak during weekends" not poor man like me. who nearly got nothing to feed myself. so have to stay home and ikat perut loh...

nooning
K9 Kaki

Jun 4, 2004, 5:08 PM

Post #95 of 187 (2013 views)
Shortcut

hi Mak, can kacau ur thread tak? Wink

i'm here cos i hope 2 learn more bout cocker spaniel fm u. I've done some research on d American n English breed but still a lot of Q in my mind.

k, here it goes:

1. ACS has longer coat than ECS? true???

2. Does both share d same body structure n outlook just that their coat is different? like golden ret n lab.

3. Does both shed as much? even more than lab that sheds whole yr loooooooooong Unsure

4. which 1 of ACS n ECS is more common n easily found in Msia? R they around d same price?

5. r their temperament same???

errrrrr.......i should hav more Qs than that but i can only think of so much now. Mayb i can ask u later?
thx in advance 4 answering my doubts. Smile

O ya, d LOTR trilogy is out, advertised in The Star 2day. Dun feel outdated or ulu that u haven't watch all 3 cos.......u've got another ulu 1 here.....meCrazy

kesuke
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 7:11 PM

Post #96 of 187 (2009 views)
Shortcut

hahaha...don say until you are so pathetic yourself la....ehhehe... actually don have to be rich to hang out mah..like at the mamak stall..you can chat till the wee hours with your friends and don have to spend alot right? Wink

so watched any new movies lately? Cool

kesuke
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 7:11 PM

Post #97 of 187 (2009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nooning] *Mak's chat zone* [In reply to] Can't Post

ooii ning!!!

you wanna get a CS??? Shocked

nooning
K9 Kaki

Jun 5, 2004, 3:36 AM

Post #98 of 187 (2004 views)
Shortcut

ya kesuke san, happy 2 c u here Laugh

haha~~, nolar, according 2 my bk acc, if i get a CS, i'll hav 2 eat grass till.........dunno when Crazy

envy u la, can get 'kwai lou' husky during ur studies in US. Lately me collect HK dogs magazine, aiseh man, their dogs r soooooooooo beautiful (but very xpen too Unimpressed). CS, westies, GR, GSD etc etc, c until i droooool....Crazy

Very much attracted 2 CS due 2 their frenly n gentle look. Somemore their coat is so shiny n curly. Simply beautiful n elegant. 2 me, they look just like a Q little gal wit curly hair tie 2 both side Angelic

nathalie
Doggyman

Jun 6, 2004, 1:07 PM

Post #99 of 187 (1999 views)
Shortcut

haha,

i juz came back todaylah...week long holiday..sayang to balik also..see so many things n many familiar faces.

i'm also a dino...tat day went out wif some puppy.com members for a drink, regardless to saylah they all drink but i drank juice n everyone's laughing at me Blush

then what did ur mum brought back for u? i suffered for the past week due to the food...almost died. Frown

ah get hwat do u meanlah...haiyoh say till so kesian tat u have to ikat perut die to ur dogs...tot i like tat nia..never knew u also woh. hehe..actually u r juz being humble nia..we all also knowlah...

ooh..i like inspirational musics..love sarah brightman & enya...once in a while charlotte church..not particular..but any musics as long as not metal music's juz fine Smile

nathalie
Doggyman

Jun 6, 2004, 1:20 PM

Post #100 of 187 (1998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nooning] *Mak's chat zone* [In reply to] Can't Post

ning,

let me help u a bitlah..wif my knowledge huh..sorry;ah quite limited....

1. ACS has longer coat than ECS? true???

ACS normally have curly coat...very tight curls..so when u comb it straight it tend to look longer while ECS's hair normally wavy & not so curly..only part if their body's hair is long eg, hind l;egs, below the tummy area..with fringes on the legs & hands

2. Does both share d same body structure n outlook just that their coat is different? like golden ret n lab.

not entirely true coz in terms of height, ECS is taller..n comparatively ECS looks more muscular while ACS's compact & body's shorter n lower compared to ECS. in addition ACS has a shorter muzzle while ECS has longer skull & muzzle

3. Does both shed as much? even more than lab that sheds whole yr loooooooooong Unsure

generally CS do shed but the hair's normally not so fine like lab's hair...usually for long haired dogs they shed 2 times a year. with proper grooming however they'll shed less.

4. which 1 of ACS n ECS is more common n easily found in Msia? R they around d same price?

Nowadays CS regardless of ECS or ACS is a growing trend in M'sia. the market for ECS w/out cert is big n usually ECS wit or w/out cert's price is lower than an ACS. As for ACS, lately there are quite a number in KL..ACS costs more generally coz a pure breed ACS with cert is rarer compared to ECS.

5. r their temperament same???

Temperament wise almost the same but with ACS u require more grooming due to the curly hair which easily gets tangled.

hope it helpsSmile

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my