First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

lovemybibi
Novice

Mar 28, 2004, 9:34 AM

Post #201 of 216 (72833 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Wink

Thanks for your help! Actually, I haven't make up my mind whether to bring Bibi back to M'sia or Taiwan(my bf is from Taiwan & i'll move to there later), but for sure I wouldn't abandon him or rehome him in the US. Here are some questions I wanna ask. If Bibi is going to M'sia. Does he need to be microchipped to enter M'sia? Does he still need to get another chip in M'sia? What was the condition in the quarantine station in M'sia? Regarding to the health certificate, when is the appropriate time to apply for it? Does it have a validation period? Besides, do I need to prepare a description cert of Bibi? Just in case I might wanted to bring him back to M'sia in May or August this year, does he need to be fully vaccinated, rabies to apply for the import permit?(he already has 2 sets of distemper vaccines so far, will be taking the 3rd one next wednesday). What is the rabies validation period? (I heard that rabies should be taken 30 days after and within one year period to enter from a foriegn country)...Does he require any special (additional) vaccinations or whatever inspection to enter Malaysia? Thanks in advance...Smile
Wink

"He's your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" ~unknown~

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 29, 2004, 6:26 AM

Post #202 of 216 (72826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovemybibi] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow~!!! You have already asked all-questiones-in-one-post and those were all my concern when i sent back from US.Wink

If you are planning to send bibi back to Malaysia.....
1. Does he need to be microchipped to enter M'sia?
-NOT REQUIRED BUT HIGHTLY RECOMMENDED. COZ FROM TIME TO TIME.... POLICY IMPOSED TO LIVE ANIMAL WOULD BE CHANGED. GET READY FOR EVERYHTING BETTER THAN SORRY LATER.Smile

2. Does he still need to get another chip in M'sia?
- IF HE GETS HIS MICROCHIP IN US, HE NEED NOT TO TAKE ANOTHER CHIP IN M'SIA.

3. What was the condition in the quarantine station in M'sia?
- I DON'T KNOW AS I NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE. Blush BUT HEARD THAT..... "NOT TOO GOOD AS WHAT YOU EXPECT BUT ALSO NOT THAT BAD EITHER IF YOU CAN VISIT YOUR DOG EVERYDAY DURING THE QUARANTINE PERIOD".
Laugh

4. Regarding to the health certificate, when is the appropriate time to apply for it?
- HEALTH CERT VALIDS FOR ONLY 7-10 DAYS IN US DEPENDS ON EACH STATE'S REQUIREMENT.
- HOWEVER, THE IMPORT PERMIT (TO APPLY FROM MSIA) VALIDS FOR ONE MONTH.
- SO.... WOULD SUGGEST YOU TO HAVE YOUR FAMILY/FRIEND TO GET THE "IMPORT PERMIT" IN KL, RM5, NEED VACCINATION RECORD WHICH YOU MAY FAX TO THEM.
- THEN CONSULT AND MAKE APPOINMENT WITH YOUR VET TO HAVE THE HEALTH TEST & REQUIRED VACCINATIONS DOEN ABOUT 10 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE. *THE VET HAS TO SEND THE TEST RESULT TO FEDERAL OR STATE DEPARTMENT (FORGOT WHICH ONE) TO CERTIFY THE HEALTH TEST AND SEND BACK THE CERT TO THE VET. SO.... ALL THESE TAKE TIME, EVEN IF YOU FEDEX/UPS, MAKE SURE THE PROCEDURES HAVE NO CONFLICT WITH PUBLIC HOLIDAYS.*Smile

5. Does it have a validation period?
- ANSWERED.Smile 7-10 DAYS.

6. Besides, do I need to prepare a description cert of Bibi?
- IF THIS IS FOR APPLYING THE IMPORT PERMIT, ASK YOUR FAMILY/FRIEND TO GET THE FORM AND FAX TO YOU. FILL UP THE PARTICULARS OF YOUR DOG AND ALSO SENDER'S DETAILS THEN FAX IT TO THE "HAIWAN XXX DEPARTENT" (NOT SURETongue)

7. Just in case I might wanted to bring him back to M'sia in May or August this year, does he need to be fully vaccinated, rabies to apply for the import permit?
- IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, THERE'S A CHECKLIST OF WHICH VACCINES HAVE TO BE TAKEN DURING THE HEALTH TEST, INCLUDES RABBIES & BORDERTELLA (?)=KENNEL COUGH.
- SINCE YOU ARE PLANNING TO SEND HIM BACK DURING SUMMER TIME, PLEASE CHECK WITH THE AIRLINES IF THEY HAVE DIFFERENT POLICY DURING SUMMER SEASON. AS WHAT I KNOW.... LIVE ANIMAL CAN ONLY BE IN THE CARGO UNDER CERTAIN CONDITION, SUCH AS "GOOD WEATHER". TOO COLD, NO. TOO WARM, NO.Crazy

8. What is the rabies validation period?
- FOR PUPPY, THE FIRST TIME RABBIES JAB LAST FOR ONE YEAR, THEN YOU NEED THE SECOND RABBIES VACCINE IN THE FOLLOWING YEAR, AND THIS 2ND ONE CAN LAST FOR 3 YEARS. IF YOU'VE ALREADY HAD BIBI TAKEN RABBIES VACCINE, THEN SHOW THE AUTHORITY OF THE VACCINATION-RECORD.... THEN SHOULD BE "OKAY".Smile

9. Does he require any special (additional) vaccinations or whatever inspection to enter Malaysia?
- ONLY THE HEALTH TEST. BUT YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE THE VET THE LIST OF "TO DO THINGS..,.,.. (TO IMPORT DOGS INTO MALAYSIA)", CAN GET IT FROM INTERNET.Smile JUST OD A SEARCH ON THE SUBJECT.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

lovemybibi
Novice

Mar 30, 2004, 8:02 AM

Post #203 of 216 (72814 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

Thanks for your time and effort for answering all of my questions!

As for 4) Regarding to the health certificate, when is the appropriate time to apply for it?
- HEALTH CERT VALIDS FOR ONLY 7-10 DAYS IN US DEPENDS ON EACH STATE'S REQUIREMENT.

I am residing in San Francisco, California. Which state did you apply the health cert for Mack?

Cheers...
Wink

"He's your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" ~unknown~

(This post was edited by lovemybibi on Mar 30, 2004, 8:07 AM)

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 31, 2004, 4:18 AM

Post #204 of 216 (72806 views)
Shortcut

's from MI.Smile

sent him from MI to MN(road trip_, then from MN to LA by Frontier.
and MAS from LA to KL.
for MI state, it was 10 days validation. But that time, i was facing time conflict with Xmas and NewYear holidays. also... due to bad weather (winter storm) from the northern, almost cannot make it .... lucky lucky!

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 31, 2004, 4:21 AM

Post #205 of 216 (72805 views)
Shortcut

Ah~
so which part are u in SF now?? i have a friend who is also puppycom member, she is Strawhoney, also residing in SF now.Smile
before i came back to KL, i stayed in SanJose for a few months too.
so......
you are the friend that VJ mentioned to me??Wink

lovemybibi
Novice

Jun 4, 2004, 5:27 AM

Post #206 of 216 (72102 views)
Shortcut

Hi...Wink

Sorry...MIA for a while~

wow...seems that Mack has had a busy and long traveling time back to M'sia. Why not just has him traveled from MI to KL?

btw, what is the cost for applying a health cert in MI? I'll be going to apply it in CA two months later. Is there any details that I need to tell my vet to include in that health cert?

I'm residing in downtown of SF currently. oh....you have a friend from SF? I'd like to know herWink Sorry ne...I don't think I'm the one that your friend mentionedBlush

Cheers...
Wink

mackmack
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 6:38 AM

Post #207 of 216 (72099 views)
Shortcut

oh yes~ strawhoney also a forum member, she's having a hobby shop in SF town too. at quite border to china town.
why not from MI to KL directly?
there's no flight for (large breed) in my town. the way i sent him back was already the most "efficient" and enocomical~Smile
health cer... i forgot how much i paid for it.
not sure about SF's policy on pet travelling.
u may ask Meme (strawhoney@hotmail.com), since u both stay so near.

lovemybibi
Novice

Jun 4, 2004, 7:01 AM

Post #208 of 216 (72094 views)
Shortcut

HiWink

Thanks for your reply. How's your now? How many dogs do you have currently? and thanks for giving me Meme's contactSmileWink
Wink

mackmack
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 7:47 AM

Post #209 of 216 (72091 views)
Shortcut

I have 3 dogs. One is GR, , one is Beagle, BeanBean, the 3rd one belongs to my dad (same house la~), he's a mastiff & pitbull mix, MAX.
Meme is a very sweet gal, it's nice to know her from the net and later become good frens. She has GR too, Odie, very cute fella~Wink you should meet them!!

strawhoney
K9 Maniac

Jun 4, 2004, 1:01 PM

Post #210 of 216 (72085 views)
Shortcut

Hello dear,

This is Meme...Wink Was reading and came across my name...haha..Feel free to email me whenever you have time strawhoney@hotmail.com...I have a golden retriever..he's 3 and notti..Cool me and my bf usually bring him to Marina..I'm currently working for my bf in his hobby store..and will be going back to school in September...you here studying or working?

Hope to talk to you soon..Cool
Meme

odie moves MY world!

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 6:51 PM

Post #211 of 216 (72072 views)
Shortcut

WAWWW this forum since 2002 ah!! soo long life! sure interesting place.... can i join?

hehe.. i got a english bulldog only for 1 1/2 mth. now he is 3mths +,named Taro. he is my 1st puppy, hmmm.... don't scold me to get a bulldog as my 1st doggie...Frown .. i did do my study b4 i get Taro... will take good care for him....and hope can get more advise from u guys..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

mackmack
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 7:06 PM

Post #212 of 216 (72068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi FOO,

Have read a bit about u and taro over another threads too. Nice Bulldog u have there.Wink

I personally like Bulldog a lot too. I loves dog with silly face.Tongueliks boxer, pugs, bulldogs, bull terrier, boston terrier, mastiff. But i'm keeping a Golden Retriever and Beagle. they always gimme their silly dumdum looks!!!Laugh I just love to see droopy ears with those silly greedy eyes~~~~~

and yes, u've reminded me,
this thread was started since 2002!!!!

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Jun 4, 2004, 7:24 PM)

mackmack
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 7:09 PM

Post #213 of 216 (72067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi meme,

thought it's not easy to meet up with M'sian in SF mah...somemore who loves dogs wor....
then u can find a "replacement" laTongue (since u've been missing me SoooOOoooo much after i'm back in KLTongue)

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Jun 4, 2004, 8:55 PM

Post #214 of 216 (72057 views)
Shortcut

hi,

u have Beagle!!! WAWWW i love beagle!! they r very very smart doggie right.. did they bark alot? but i am not able to have a 2nd kids now...Frown see how, few years later ler..

i love basset hound and pembroke corgi.. hehe...

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

lovemybibi
Novice

Jun 5, 2004, 5:57 PM

Post #215 of 216 (72034 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile
wow...you have 3 doggies at home~ it's great to have so many dogs around...How old are they?
Thanks for introducing me to Meme and Odie. I'll write e-mail to herWink
Wink

lovemybibi
Novice

Jun 5, 2004, 6:06 PM

Post #216 of 216 (72033 views)
Shortcut
Re: [strawhoney] Super Dog Lover here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi MemeWink
Nice to meet you in this forum..It's hard to find someone from M'sia and located in Sf...I have a Yorkie named BiBi, he's 5 months old now. We went to Marina yesterday and BiBi loves it so much as he can run freely on the beach...hehe...I take Bibi with me everywhere we go. I'd added you in MSN, hope to see you onlineWink
Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my