Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Canine Hip Dysplasia:
Hips X-ray Vs Traditional Test???

leopui
K9 Maniac

Feb 14, 2002, 12:13 AM

Post #1 of 20 (9254 views)
Shortcut
Hips X-ray Vs Traditional Test??? Can't Post

Just like to find out if any forum member could assist to provide any method to test on hip rate instead of using the x-ray!??!

Any point of view, suggestion, the traditional method advice would be appreciated gladly.
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 14, 2002, 1:32 AM

Post #2 of 20 (9251 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] Hips X-ray Vs Traditional Test??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Anyone have any comments? I just went to see my uncle's new 4month-old German Shepherd puppy. She was imported from Australia a month ago. Her hindlegs look very weak to me (compared to my previous GSD), so I'm interested in finding out about this 'traditional' method. Other than that she's a nice sable... leopui-You'd like her! hehe. But her face is not as attractive as I would like.

-= Tisha =-

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 14, 2002, 2:00 AM

Post #3 of 20 (9249 views)
Shortcut

Got to go CNY open house to-nite. Wait till my stomach is full and made some money from 3 cards then I shall maybe advise.
Knowledge on traditional HD tests got plenty. Wanna? How much per sentence?
See you.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Feb 14, 2002, 2:05 AM

Post #4 of 20 (9249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Hips X-ray Vs Traditional Test??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Tisha,

Send me the photo since you have mentioned that she have the nice sable colour ... by the way, if she from Working line?

My understanding is working line GSD doesn't produce "many" weak hindlegs nor HD when compared to show line!!!
LEO PUI

(This post was edited by leopui on Feb 14, 2002, 2:08 AM)

leopui
K9 Maniac

Feb 14, 2002, 2:13 AM

Post #5 of 20 (9246 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Hips X-ray Vs Traditional Test??? [In reply to] Can't Post

$$$??? I wish all the best good luck to win more in 3 cards so that we would have FREE advice!!!
LEO PUI

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 14, 2002, 2:34 AM

Post #6 of 20 (9244 views)
Shortcut

with your 101, how lucky do you think or how far could I go?
Therefore, I am changing your 101 to 0l0.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Feb 14, 2002, 5:09 AM

Post #7 of 20 (9242 views)
Shortcut

101??? or 010??? Those who think they are going to fail without confident, they have already fail ... I just don't believe you belong to that kind of people!!! By the way, "010" look familiar!!! Don't you think so???
LEO PUI

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 14, 2002, 10:29 AM

Post #8 of 20 (9240 views)
Shortcut

We are in the dog show business and we cetainly do have the knowledge on some of the breeds as how they should gait. For example, a Min Pin in tiptop condition and has the correct conformation and is well balanced should perform the hackney gait. A GSD with correct shoulders and hind quarters with good topline should produce the kind of strike that is well stretched,fluent and powerful. Some breeds, because of their peculiar shapes e.g. A Dachshund, a Basset, a Schnauzer all have their style of gaiting as per standard set and endorsed by The Kennel Club in UK or by AKC (American Kennel Club).
This is as far as I shall go, because it is irrelevant in detecting HD.

HD involves three parts; the ball joint in the thigh bone, the socket of the hip bone and the muscles that holds this joint together.
To be continued/

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 14, 2002, 7:23 PM

Post #9 of 20 (9235 views)
Shortcut

Get on with it, Leopui is waiting for your answer!!
Ok! Ok! let me finished my breakfast.

Part 2.
As the puppy grows, funny bones will begin to develop. That is why, puppies are sold at 8-10 weeks old when they are most adorable and cute.
At this age, even if you send it to a clinic with all the high tech equipment, you won't be able to detect any faults be they minor or major in the puppy.
At 4-6 months old, your puppy will start to develop, into adulthood -start to develop- and this is the time when adulteration begins to take place. By the 8th month, you will have HD, SD, Overshot, Undershot, Temperamental problems and all the undesirable qualities that you hated to have.

With a pair of trained and experienced eyes? -cockeyed breeder- one look at the puppy doing the triangle will tell the lot. If the movement is not 'sound' and there are reasons to believe that something is missing or hiding, next step to take is to gait your dog in a straight line, left or right of you doesn't matter, as it is travelling slightly in front of you place your palm gently on its A fifty-five, and in severe cases, you can feel a 'clicking' signal coming through.

Any remedy or cure? The san-lok recipe is one such I could think of. Mr. Leopui, since this post is originated from you, Please keep and guard my recipe with your life and under no circumstances must you reveal the secret of this recipe even though you are under threat!

The cause of HD?
90% comes from heredity. If the sire & dam is HD free, the puppies produced by this pair will be 100% HD free. Yet, in a litter of say 8 puppies, 6 are perfect, but 2 had developed HD. What/where then is my explanation? The 2 puppies that had contracted HD is due to nutritional deficiencies/excessive dosage of vitamins & minerals, thus forcing growth not proportionally healthy for the puppy. As a result, the ball-joints grow faster than the sockets or vice-versa, or perhaps the sinus/muscles holding this joint are not developing fast enough to cope up with the rate of growth of the joints.

Having said what are the reasons, causes, and testing through experience, without the use of X-ray.
The bottom line is still experience that counts.
This is something difficult to impart, unless at a later stage perhaps wawasan 2020, hi-tech could transfer knowledge from one brain box to another then we can truely say 'picking your mind'. So meanwhile, Mr.Leopui, keep waiting and dream on, I shall still be around waiting for you!

Regards.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Feb 14, 2002, 7:41 PM

Post #10 of 20 (9233 views)
Shortcut

Thank you for the prompt reply Derrick. I will surely keep that in mind!!!
LEO PUI

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 2, 2002, 3:56 PM

Post #11 of 20 (9214 views)
Shortcut

I thought GSD got ggoodd memory? How come you have forgotten about this discussion?
No wonder you forgot to pick up your handphone after making security delivery. (You will hate me for this remark)~~@Crazy@~~

leopui
K9 Maniac

Apr 2, 2002, 4:48 PM

Post #12 of 20 (9212 views)
Shortcut

Oh My Goodness Shocked ... you are making a head line onto it Unsure !!! People make mistake-bah!!! Still trying to hope for the best!!!
LEO PUI

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 2, 2002, 5:03 PM

Post #13 of 20 (9211 views)
Shortcut

Crazy Indeed I am not trying to tell the world that you have lost your handphone.Sly I am doing my part to helpSly It is just like some one lost a dog and advertise in the newspaperSmile
More people know more people will help to findCrazy especially meCool
I am now thinking of swimming the 7 seas to reach my destination to seek your phone, as you know Dalmatian has got ggoodd nose and ggoodd at sniffing mahCrazy

leopui
K9 Maniac

Apr 2, 2002, 7:38 PM

Post #14 of 20 (9205 views)
Shortcut

Oh boy ... something strenght happened to you lately?? All of the sudden with so many "funny-faces" around your text???

I appreciate your initiative ... otherwise I will need to get one replacement ... anybody care to provide a FREE "quality" cell-phone for me to "adopt"??? Cool Cool Cool
LEO PUI

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 2, 2002, 8:38 PM

Post #15 of 20 (9201 views)
Shortcut

Jokes aside, I got 1/2 dozen lying everywhere cos I don't believe in thoseShockedMad useless things that will ring when you are in the toilet, in the bath, having dinner and worst of all when making LOVE! The ringing tone gives me the shivers~~~~**~~~~~. Pay for packing and postage in US $ and you can have them for free.
I hope you won't ask me to deliver the 1/2 dozen and sit at your door step and wait for U to select the pick of the litter.Crazy

ginl
ALPHA

Apr 2, 2002, 8:39 PM

Post #16 of 20 (9201 views)
Shortcut

Leopui if u can't afford to buy a cell phone how do u expect to afford to pay for the monthly charges? Tongue

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 2, 2002, 8:52 PM

Post #17 of 20 (9198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Hips X-ray Vs Traditional Test??? [In reply to] Can't Post

It is a valid question.Shocked It takes a person of your intelligent to prevent people like me nearly got con!Sly I suppose next he will say make sure got sim card lah and starter pack lahCool and in the end I will have to maintain the phone for himCrazy

leopui
K9 Maniac

Apr 2, 2002, 9:28 PM

Post #18 of 20 (9195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Hips X-ray Vs Traditional Test??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh LOL Sly ... I guess we are talking too much way un-related to this subject ... Hip X-ray Vs Traditional Test!!!

I am still laughing ... almost rolling over the floor from the replies by JRT & Dal!!!
LEO PUI

Derrickok
Novice

Apr 2, 2002, 10:48 PM

Post #19 of 20 (9187 views)
Shortcut

Frown There is enough material posted to 'educate' the members on hip and shoulder dysplasia in larger breeds of dogs.
Objection over ruled.
Make sure U roll on floor only and not on putty tat and please don't ask what is putty tat, cos you will get the same answer as Andrew.

(This post was edited by Derrickok on Apr 2, 2002, 10:50 PM)

leopui
K9 Maniac

Apr 2, 2002, 11:40 PM

Post #20 of 20 (9184 views)
Shortcut

Cool Hahahah

Cool ... what's a putty tat Crazy???

Nevermind Smile ... I guess I know what is that although I am not so sure ... anyway, I choose to remain silent Unimpressed !!!

Why not you come back to me toward the following link and provide some supports .... please ... looking forward to "hear" from you.

http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread
LEO PUI

(This post was edited by leopui on Apr 2, 2002, 11:44 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my