Post #1 of 19 (3364 views)
Shortcut
Watchout 4 coming attraction<Cinderella'schewedupslipper> Can't Post

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 13, 2002, 3:17 AM

Post #2 of 19 (3361 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Watchout 4 coming attraction<Cinderella'schewedupslipper> [In reply to] Can't Post

lol. Advertisment already began eh? Blockbuster of the year... a MUST see movie...

-= Tisha =-

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 13, 2002, 3:46 AM

Post #3 of 19 (3360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Watchout 4 coming attraction<Cinderella'schewedupslipper> [In reply to] Can't Post

mesti lah! otherwise how to get awdance.
Wait till they see black and white peaches and no sound one like the 3 stooges. Then they want refund, I run road Oh.
Where to hide?

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 14, 2002, 1:16 AM

Post #4 of 19 (3352 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Watchout 4 coming attraction<Cinderella'schewedupslipper> [In reply to] Can't Post

No need to hide.. Just get your loyal dogs to guard you! Wink

-= Tisha =-

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 14, 2002, 1:54 AM

Post #5 of 19 (3351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PyRoMaNiAc] Watchout 4 coming attraction<Cinderella'schewedupslipper> [In reply to] Can't Post

My loyal dogs to guard me? It's the other way round, I have to keep a watchful eyes on them so that they won't get pinched.
You may not believe it but it is true. With 8 Dalmatians in my household, yet 4 months ago a burglar could come through the back gate and carted away a canister of cooking gas.
This indeed is insult added onto injuries.

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 14, 2002, 8:27 AM

Post #6 of 19 (3347 views)
Shortcut

Aiyo! You should ask leopui to train your dogs! hehe. Or build higher walls...Wink

-= Tisha =-

Pat

Feb 14, 2002, 6:56 PM

Post #7 of 19 (3343 views)
Shortcut

Sad to hear that Derrick...but even more peculiar why they chose the heavy cooking gas? May be they had no choice coz your dogs barricaded the back entrance to the house!

There is always one fear on my mind. Most dogs are glutton and dog poisoning is quite common. I wonder if there is a way to train your dog not to take food from strangers?
Pat, David
parents to Kiki-nicole choa

PyRoMaNiAc
Canine Addict

Feb 14, 2002, 8:08 PM

Post #8 of 19 (3338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat] Watchout 4 coming attraction<Cinderella'schewedupslipper> [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the same fear I have! My dogs look fierce and they can most definitely guard the house, but once someone throws in poison meat, they're sure to eat it! I know a few methods to stop dogs from taking food unless you gave it to them, but I haven't tried it yet..

-= Tisha =-

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 14, 2002, 8:09 PM

Post #9 of 19 (3338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat] Watchout 4 coming attraction<Cinderella'schewedupslipper> [In reply to] Can't Post

Obviously you are not familiar with house-wife's chaos yet. A cannister of cooking gas if empty can fetch RM50.00 and a cannister with gas is RM68.50
A pair of chewed up slippers is but a work of art to some people.
It is extremely difficult to train a dog from accepting food from strangers, let alone a piece of well seasoned meat thrown into the back yard.
Fortunately, in Malaysia, lethal and instant death poisons are not so easily available in the market. The common type of poison used are rat-poison are it takes a large quantity to knock a dog out and there is antidote, provided detection is made in early stages.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Feb 15, 2002, 2:59 AM

Post #10 of 19 (3332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat] Watchout 4 coming attraction <Cinderella's chewedupslipper> [In reply to] Can't Post

Try the MOST original way to train your dog not to accept any food from stranger as below:

Step 1: Throw the "dry-pork" to his feeding bowl and let him enjoy the small piece (one to two times a day for about a week).

Step 2: Use choke chain with long lease on your dog and throw one piece of "dry-pork" anywhere except his feeding bowl. If you dog go and pick up, choke him immediately and word with "NO" (practice this for two to three times a day. Get assistance from your family member too).

Step 3: Let run freely on your dog and throw him the "dry-pork" with-in your reach. If he go and pick up, catch him immediately with "hard-core" action to his mouth and word with "NO" (practice this for two to three times a day. Get assistance from your family member too)

Step 4: Repeat the step 1 to step 3 again.

Step 5: Following week, use "liver" instead of "dry-pork", repeat the step 1 to step 3.

Step 6: The third week, use "Your Favorite food", repeat the step 1 to step 3.

You should see great result as you go into fourth week!!!

In-order to speed up the learning experience, NEVER feed your dog with your hand!!! And always provide sufficient portion of food per feeding with the same feeding bowl at the same place ... possible at the same time!!!

Practice this training every now and then to keep your dog "alert"
LEO PUI
Get REAL, Train REAL & Be REAL! Do RIGHT and FEAR No One!

leopui
K9 Maniac

Feb 15, 2002, 3:05 AM

Post #11 of 19 (3331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Watchout 4 coming attraction <Cinderella's chewedupslipper> [In reply to] Can't Post

... The common type of poison used are rat-poison...

Just to add in a bit from Sarawak, people here may use one needle inserted to one hard boiled egg / char-siow-pau!!!

Sometime, using liver that have snake's poision in it too.
LEO PUI

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 15, 2002, 3:36 AM

Post #12 of 19 (3330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leopui] Watchout 4 coming attraction <Cinderella's chewedupslipper> [In reply to] Can't Post

It is so amateurish to use rat poison, needle and pins, sounds more like witchcraft than anything else. Of course in our urban Selangor, snakes may not be so abundance as compared to rural area, so I won't comment on that.
The best and still the most effective method is the use of carbide. One small lump about the size of a peanut will send your dog to rainbow bridge for certain.

leopui
K9 Maniac

Feb 15, 2002, 5:59 AM

Post #13 of 19 (3327 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Derrickok] Watchout 4 coming attraction <Cinderella's chewedupslipper> [In reply to] Can't Post

Derrick,

Welcome to Sarawak!!! Indeed, that's what happened here in Sarawak. If my recall is correctly right ... I have lost four dogs into this!!! Sad but that's the fact!!!
LEO PUI

Pat

Feb 15, 2002, 8:08 PM

Post #14 of 19 (3321 views)
Shortcut

Aiyo, you guys are disclosing too much!
Pat, David

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 15, 2002, 8:35 PM

Post #15 of 19 (3319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat] Watchout 4 coming attraction <Cinderella's chewedupslipper> [In reply to] Can't Post

Not yet, we still have plenty on. Not in birthday suite, far from being exposed and disclosed EVERYTHING!!!

jason
Enthusiast

Feb 23, 2002, 12:48 AM

Post #16 of 19 (3312 views)
Shortcut

I don't think so, Pat. Derrick and leopui should share their precious experiences with us especially for some real cases like this, so that we can beware ofShocked.

Regards

ear;docked tail;born 11/2001.

Pat

Feb 23, 2002, 2:04 AM

Post #17 of 19 (3309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jason] Watchout 4 coming attraction <Cinderella's chewedupslipper> [In reply to] Can't Post

What I meant at that point was the focus should be on how to train dogs not to eat anything from strangers and precautionary methods rather than ways to administer the poison. In summary, the dog must be trained not to receive ANYTHING from strangers (which is so very difficult). I believe there is much development on state-of-the-art and creative poisoning which is probably non-exhaustive.
Regards,
Pat
Pat, David

Derrickok
Novice

Feb 23, 2002, 6:15 AM

Post #18 of 19 (3303 views)
Shortcut

OIC, you meant don't give some more ideas to those bad people how to poison dogs?
It is not really that difficult to train a dog not to accept food from strangers. But it is difficult to train a dog from picking up a piece of juicy chicken laced with poison being thrown into your garden deliberately. That is why, I did suggest, if you are staying in a neighbourhood that these type of people are around, best is to have your dog indoor and be a bugular alarm, rather than guarding your house outside.
There is state of the art on both -poisoning as well as preventive poisoning. But for the time being, poisoning has not reached an alarming level. So I shall skip it.

Derrickok
Novice

Mar 14, 2002, 9:30 PM

Post #19 of 19 (3291 views)
Shortcut

Now showing @ members' introduction section.
Admission: Free.
Rating: XxXxxx category (Adults Only)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my