Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
BOSCO

bosco
Novice

Jan 2, 2003, 7:31 PM

Post #1 of 13 (1526 views)
Shortcut
BOSCO Can't Post

SmileHi!My name is Sandra and my better half is Bryan. We are the proud parents of Bosco, an 8 week old purebred German Shepherd, who's father served as a police dog. Bosco was the runt of the litter . We named him Bosco from the tv series Third Watch. Bryan is a police officer here in Montreal (Canada), and I work with children who have special needs. We love animals.Wink We are enjoying our new role into puppyhood, as challenging as it may beCrazy, along side keeping up with our pet rabbit TannerUnsure and cat Mystic.Shocked We want to ensure a well rounded german shepherd, being that they need lots of new and continuos stimulation and socialization. Please share any insight pertaining to the gsd. Hope to hear from you soon. BTW Happy new Year.Tongue

wkser
ALPHA

Jan 2, 2003, 7:37 PM

Post #2 of 13 (1524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bosco] BOSCO [In reply to] Can't Post

hi bosco,

welcome to the forum.........SmileWink

happy new year
regards
ser and nous

cdmoo
ALPHA

Jan 2, 2003, 7:59 PM

Post #3 of 13 (1522 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

freakism
Novice

Jan 2, 2003, 8:20 PM

Post #4 of 13 (1518 views)
Shortcut

Happy New Year Sandra, Bryan, Bosco, Tanner and Mystic, and welcome to the forum!

My first love is cats then dogs then rabbits. I had a bunny for nearly 2 years then somehow developed an allergy to the critter and had to give him away. *sob* His name was Snifflez but he answered to "Boy". Tongue Sweet little thing, him. I took care of stray cats alot, most of my pocket money went to feeding them and vet visits once in a while; my granny never allowed me to take any of them home. Unnecessary rambling here. Ok bye. Blush

f ® ê å k ï § M 

lulugurl
ALPHA

Jan 2, 2003, 10:50 PM

Post #5 of 13 (1508 views)
Shortcut

helo~
welcome hereSmile
looking forward to knowing u betterTongue
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

cyphang
Canine Addict

Jan 3, 2003, 8:09 AM

Post #6 of 13 (1496 views)
Shortcut

Welcome on board Smile Looks like our locally bred forum is going more and more international hehe...I was in Toronto July last year and was so excited to find so many dogs on the street and to be allowed to pat them. It's a nice country you are living in, where dogs possess animal rights and are allowed in much more places compared to here.

Hope you will enjoy this forum as much as I am Laugh
With warm regards,
CY Phang

Mummy of Sunnie, the happy, cheeky and naughty female shih tzu pup

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2003, 8:31 AM

Post #7 of 13 (1494 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cyphang] BOSCO [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Bosco!

Welcome to the forum! Smile

Was in Toronto during the winter of 1998 to take delivery of an airplane my company bought. Drove to Niagara Falls..it was cold for us tropical climate guys! Did not get to see too many doggies then. Probably the weather was too cold. Drove on Young Street..I was told it's the longest street in the world! Smile

Enjoy your visit here in the puppy.com.my forum.. We have some excellent GSD dogs here..both local bred and imported (mostly from Germany). The President of our Malaysian Kennel Association is an avid fan of the GSD breed himself. His dog was the Malaysian Dog of the Year 2001.

Rdgs Arthur

luckey
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2003, 8:39 AM

Post #8 of 13 (1491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] BOSCO [In reply to] Can't Post

Is the president dr Fonseka? My parents knew him back in the 70's when they kept and showed GSD's. They said they learnt quite a bit from him. Is he still active in the show world? i guess so if he is president.

arthur
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2003, 8:48 AM

Post #9 of 13 (1489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] BOSCO [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jennifer,

Yup that's him. He's still kinda active in the show ring through his daughter who's been handling and showing the GSDs. There's also a GSD chapter in the to promote this breed in Malaysia.

Rdgs Arthur

luckey
ALPHA

Jan 3, 2003, 9:01 AM

Post #10 of 13 (1487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] BOSCO [In reply to] Can't Post

pity we didnt train our gsd from young... Venus is so beautiful but rather wild. She loves to jump up at you and is sooo frisky. Cant imagine her standing still for a judge!

but she also has some hip probs though, so maybe wouldn't have made it in the showring, but i think she would've enjoyed those activites.

boon
Doggyman

Jan 3, 2003, 11:24 AM

Post #11 of 13 (1484 views)
Shortcut

Hi Sandra, Bryan,

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have some one in Toronto to join us. Hope you get much fun as i do in this forum. Looking forward to see the 8 weeks old picsof Bosco.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

bosco
Novice

Jan 3, 2003, 11:25 AM

Post #12 of 13 (1484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] BOSCO [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileIt's so great to be able to talk to people so far away yet we all have one thing in common...we love our dogs/pets.Looking at the pictures you all have beautiful pets.We will have picture of Bosco soon.

cy phang, if you have time, in brief what rights or regulations are set out for dogs in Malasia? Here, in Montreal,Quebec the rules are the same everywhere but depending if you live in the city or outskirts they are applied and regarded differently. For example in the city you will almost never see a dog being walked off a leash. It is a must and is enforced, for his safety and that of others. however wher I live on the outskirts country side,nobody has a fence and you rarely see a dog on a leash. Unless somebody complains about you and your dog no one will go further. We are getting our fence in May when it warms up and they can dig the holes. For now Bosco always goes out on his leash for several reasons.

cyphang
Canine Addict

Jan 3, 2003, 9:20 PM

Post #13 of 13 (1476 views)
Shortcut

Malaysia is a Moslem country, and as one, it is not very dog friendly. I haven't come across any official rules and regulations on dogs myself, but in general, dogs are not allowed in public parks or restaurants in the cities, doesn't matter off or on leash. You will not see dogs being walked in the street by their owners, except for stray dogs, which are sent to the pounds by the city council when spotted. I think maybe other local members of the forum can help to clarify this matter as I am not very well-versed in this subject myself.
With warm regards,
CY Phang

Mummy of Sunnie, the happy, cheeky and naughty female shih tzu pup

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my