BARF Vs holistic Kibbles

clangan
K9 Maniac

Apr 19, 2004, 10:23 PM

Post #1 of 1 (470 views)
Shortcut
BARF Vs holistic Kibbles Can't Post

Hi All,
I am a firm believer of BARF diet, we discussed this topics in forum from the States, Canada, Australian and UK and it all boils down to two things... TIME and MONEY.
Human consume fresh food and that is the healthiest way, all animal in the animal kingdom should consume what is available to them in the wild and they are fresh too but....
Dr. Ian Billinghurst theory goes well with me through the rotation of raw food feeding daily, lets see how many of us out there can keep up to that. Raw food like bone, carcasses, necks, cheese, blended vegetables and fruits, etc... if not consume immediately can turn bad and becomes smelly which will lead MPSJ, MPPJ, DBKL and not forgeting flies to our door steps...neighbours who do not enjoy dogs and smelly stuff start asking for a fist fight and so on. We should also not neglect the bacteria reservoir in humid areas where our country enjoys the whole year round, Salmonella and other bacteria are so dog friendly today.
Please don't misunderstand me that my opinion seems one sided towards dry holistic kibbles and about being the distributor of Canidae and all that, as Canidae exist in Malaysia because I want to feed that food to my dogs as it resembles the nearest to BARF diet and it is convenient. Also, I am too busy to follow the BARF diet's way and it is more expensive to keep up to it. I am an owner who owns more than 15 Champion Golden Retrievers and if I practise this diet, my cost will be 5 folds compared to feeding them holistic dry kibbles, when I say BARF diet, I am refering to Dr. Ian's menu and not as some peoples meaning of BARF, left overs and table scraps. Mind you, Canidae is selling the cheapest here in Malaysia as compared to the whole world, why? So everyone gets the best at the cheapest price. Try comparing Canidae prices with Innova, Eagle Holistic and California Natural...
Breeds like Shih Tzu, Maltese, Min Schnauzer, Poodle, Cocker Spaniel, Golden Retriever, Pappilon, Cavalier, Pekingese and other coated dogs and also those long ears, it is impossible to feed them raw food as it sticks all over their coat and ears, if you out there own coated dogs and long ears ones, try giving some rice to your dogs and see what happens...the total shave down ones excluded.
Lastly, if one could afford the time i.e. cleaning up your dogs after a meal, discard the left overs immediately once they refuse to consume the raw food, beat the jams and go to the market daily to buy the raw food so as to ensure freshness, and have some extra money to throw in some virgin olive oil and cheese to spice up the food, by all means, please feed your dogs raw as it is the best for them. Thank you.

GAN WY
Golden Retrievers.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my