Home: Dog & Puppy Health: Vaccination:
Vaccinations, Booster, Rabies, & Microchip

mic
Novice

Apr 16, 2004, 8:04 AM

Post #1 of 2 (2119 views)
Shortcut
Vaccinations, Booster, Rabies, & Microchip Can't Post

I have a 8 weeks old pup and I'm going to take him for his first vaccination in next few days.
1) How many vaccines should I pup get? I heard that some gave 3 and some gave it 4 jabs and following by annual booster.
2)What's the difference between vaccination and booster? Which one is stronger?
3) Is rabies a must for a pup? When should a pup receive his first rabies vaccination?
3) Which type of rabies vaccines is good for our pup? The killed (inactive) one or the non-killed?
4) At what age should a pup microchipped? Does it hurt? I heard that not all the scanners at vet or shelters could read ALL types of microchips. Does anyone have any advice on which is the best company of microchip to choose from?
5) Will the chip migrate inside the body once it's been injected? Which part of the body will it be placed?

Thanks.

(This post was edited by mic on Apr 16, 2004, 8:06 AM)

May
Old Hand

Apr 16, 2004, 6:19 PM

Post #2 of 2 (2115 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mic] Vaccinations, Booster, Rabies, & Microchip [In reply to] Can't Post

Your pup would need 3 vaccination starting from 8 weeks onwards with a monthly intervals. The annual booster would be 1 year after your pup received the 3rd vaccination.

Please refer to this link for more information on microchipping and its procedures.
www.pubaa.com/info/microchip/microchip_1.htm

(This post was edited by May on Apr 16, 2004, 6:34 PM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my