First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

kesuke
Doggyman

Mar 25, 2004, 8:47 PM

Post #1 of 399 (4744 views)
Shortcut
Northern Dog Breeds Fan Club Can't Post

hi all! Cool

welcome to the northern dog breeds fan club, open to all who are interested and crazy about northern dog breeds, no matter if you already have one or are planning to get one or is drooling over one. Tongue we welcome any discussion on these beautiful dogs and you are welcome to post articles/views/opinions...blah blah... here to share.

let me start with an introduction of the northern breeds:
(quoted from http://www.pethelp.net/breeds.html)

The Northern dogs (Huskies, Samoyed, Spitz) are also working dogs but are not as territorial as guard dogs. They also show very low levels of aggression toward strangers. They can be more predatory toward small animals than other breeds and are comfortable spending time alone. In fact, Northern dogs often take off on their own if allowed to escape.
They usually have a double coat with straight hair over a fluffy undercoat that sheds twice each year. Most northern breeds have upright ears and curled fluffy tails.

and here is the complete list of northern dog breeds:

Akita
Alaskan Husky
Alaskan Klee Kai
Alaskan Malamute
American Eskimo Dog
Black Russian Terrier
Canadian Eskimo Dog
Caucasian Ovcharka
Chinook
Chow Chow
Eurasier
Finnish Hound
Finnish Lapphund
Finnish Spitz
Iceland Sheepdog
Inuit Dog
Jindo
Karelian Bear Dog
Kugsha Dog
Laika
Lapponian Herder (Reindeer Dog)
Mackenzie River Husky
Mud Husky
Norwegian Buhund
Norwegian Elkhound
Norwegian Lundehund
Poongsan
Samoyed
Scandinavian Hound
Shiba Inu
Siberian Husky
Swedish Lapphund
Swedish Molosser
Swedish Vallhund
Tahltan Bear Dog
Wolf-Dog Hybrids

go to www.everythinghusky.com/ for anything and everything on these dogs...a very informative site.

so tell us your fave northern dog breed!! Cool

and calling lovedoggies, vicfion, kcys, xyne, hunter, mitch...for support and practically anyone who loves them.

Sorely missed and always remembered - Beloved Billy
Penang lang? Click here!!

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Mar 26, 2004, 4:43 PM

Post #2 of 399 (4731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke] Northern Dog Breeds Fan Club [In reply to] Can't Post

ehhehee yea they are friendly to strangers... especially huskies in general

eh i think they all also dunno u posted it here Tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pets~
http://www.geocities.com/cherrryspets/petz.htm

In Loving Memories,
Rex(10May08) & Benji(20Feb08)
http://cherryonacherrytree.multiply.com/photos/album/42/Pets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

kesuke
Doggyman

Mar 26, 2004, 8:33 PM

Post #3 of 399 (4728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] Northern Dog Breeds Fan Club [In reply to] Can't Post

ahhh...finally you came here...ehhehe...you're the first!!! good lah....hehehe....Cool

what to do lah...they are friendly dogs...love everybody...even the burglars...hehehe....CrazyLaugh

ya lah...they all haven't check then dunno lahhh....

calling all the monkeys....need support here.....hehehehehe......SlyLaughCrazy (*sure they won come one since i call them monkeys....ehhehe.....*)

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Mar 26, 2004, 11:49 PM

Post #4 of 399 (4727 views)
Shortcut

ehheheeh they probably dunno its here so they didnt come here and tok tok lor

u call them monkey also they will come kakakaka Wink

shhhhhhhhhhhh

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

kesuke
Doggyman

Mar 27, 2004, 8:38 PM

Post #5 of 399 (4720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] Northern Dog Breeds Fan Club [In reply to] Can't Post

ya lah..some more i put the link liao...how come ah??? MadMad

hehhehe....call them monkey then they'll sure come and scold me one mah....ahhahaha......so must keep calling them monkey until they cannot tahan....ehhehe...

ehhhh......MONKEYS!!!!! come and talk about your fave huskies!!!!!!!!! CoolTongueCoolTongue

kcsy
K9 Maniac

Mar 29, 2004, 8:52 PM

Post #6 of 399 (4714 views)
Shortcut

kcsy is in the thread! Wink

what lah...be patient a bit lah u two....we all sure come and support u guys here wan. tat means we can chat here and stop terrorizing the adoption thread already ah? hahahaha....Cool

magic monkey calling all other monkeys. hahhaha...wah...some more must keep on calling monkeys until we cannot tahan ah. what is this? psychology? Tongue

i am here to express myself...I LOVEEEEEE HUSKIES! Laugh so does my bf and mom. hahahaa....

Wink Krystle & Oki Wink

xyne
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2004, 6:47 PM

Post #7 of 399 (4710 views)
Shortcut

I AM HERE!!!!!

wow.. i never knew there are so many other breeds around.. hardly find such variety here horr...

i heard tat huskies wont get dirty u know.. they can dig the dirt n play in the mud and all.. shake shake and clean again.. one member has one n swears by it.. heheheee.. so nice la.. if for my dogs ah.. aisehh... paiseh oso lerrr... hehehee

kesuke
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2004, 9:08 PM

Post #8 of 399 (4708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kcsy] Northern Dog Breeds Fan Club [In reply to] Can't Post

kakakaka....OR we can chit chat here and ALSO terrorise the adoption thread......ehheheheehhe......LaughLaughLaugh

ya lah...psychology mah....if you don admit you are a monkey, sure you'll be mad at me for calling you a monkey right? hehehehe...so you'll want to bomb me for calling you names and so you'll be replying my post.....kakakakakkkaka......CrazyCoolTongueLaughSly

aiseh....your mom also loves husky? must be you who influence her lah....ahhahahaha......

kesuke
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2004, 9:11 PM

Post #9 of 399 (4708 views)
Shortcut
Re: [xyne] Northern Dog Breeds Fan Club [In reply to] Can't Post

ahhh....finally you and krystle are here....eh i waited very long oooh.....Laugh

yeah...i also never knew there were so many northern breeds....some like the chow chow....i din knew it was also considered a northern breed....wah.....still have much to learn about them.....Cool

hahaha....are you talking about lovedoggies?? coz she's the only here who has a husky....*we think*....Tongue the coat is necessary for the survival of the husky...just think, if the coat is like a GR and it gets wet, sure the husky will freeze to death in the cold weather...so how can they survive right? Crazy

xyne
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2004, 11:26 PM

Post #10 of 399 (4706 views)
Shortcut

soodesne... i didnt think abt tat worr.. so if u bring your GR to skii??? they mah freeze??? or they repel the snow oso???

hahaha.. ya hor.. so far i think rex is the only husky here... asked her to bring out rex to gathering so we can all go .oooh- ahh... -waaahhhhh.. heheheee.. saw a white husky at the training field the other day.. wah.. so nice... so big.. so furry...so elegant.. sooo chhhuunnn.....ShockedShockedShocked

kesuke
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2004, 11:46 PM

Post #11 of 399 (4705 views)
Shortcut

ahhaha....dogs' coat are very amazing one...hehe....husky can tolerate extreme temperatures lah....GRs also can stand the cold but not as good as huskies...don think the GR's coat could also repel snow but the dog would be alright. Cool

heheheh...yeah...we'd all go ooooohhh....waaaaahhh....niceeeeee...over rex boy...ehhehehe.... ahh you are making me drool over husky ler...Unsure and i want one soooo badly.......FrownFrown

xyne
Doggyman

Mar 31, 2004, 1:55 AM

Post #12 of 399 (4703 views)
Shortcut

don worry la.. u will get your soon... hehehe.. then u make us here soooo jealous lorrr.... Cool .. some more 2!!! wahh.. double impact...

kesuke
Doggyman

Mar 31, 2004, 3:48 AM

Post #13 of 399 (4701 views)
Shortcut

kakakakak.....now you're making me dreaming....hehehehe.....AngelicAngelicAngelic double impact some more....hahahahah!!! Laugh

kcsy
K9 Maniac

Mar 31, 2004, 5:10 AM

Post #14 of 399 (4700 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kesuke, xyne] Northern Dog Breeds Fan Club [In reply to] Can't Post

wah.....u very greedy, ping! want this thread and the adoption thread as well. eh, did u notice that there are more and more dogs up for adoption?

like that also can ah? ok loh....anyway, u got me and amy here already. hahaha...

no lah, my mom went to the petshop with me and she also fell in love with the husky and some more mentioning that if she wins 4d, she will 100% get one husky for oki. for oki y'know, not me! Mad

me also saw husky at the tepi jln in ampang. cute! cute! and amy, u give a try to convince lovedoggies to bring rex out. i have already tried. me failed lah! u have more persuasion power than me. Tongue yr turn to try!

Wink Krystle & Oki Wink

xyne
Doggyman

Mar 31, 2004, 11:39 PM

Post #15 of 399 (4689 views)
Shortcut

hehehhee.. now tat u r saying it.. i am oso drrroooooolllliiinngggggg....Tongue

2 huskies worr... but me here change of taste.. hahaha.. want my westie!!!!!!!.... and this time i want a female la.. so many masculinity around me ah.. aiseeehh.. and prob by then i wont have prob with pee on my tyres.. kekekekeeee LaughLaughTongue

xyne
Doggyman

Mar 31, 2004, 11:43 PM

Post #16 of 399 (4688 views)
Shortcut

ssoooo u r getting a husky??? yipppeeee!!!!! hahaha belum dapat the husky oredi jealous ... LaughLaughLaughLaughSly
if u get i get a male or female???

oooh.. i tried to persuade her.. see how it goes.. hehehe.. when got gathering maybe will 'tau' her along.. but i worry they cant get along with my dogs then fight in the car i mampus... PiratePiratePiratePirate

or next time.. we both go over to subang and kidnap her n husky together..... muuaahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!LaughLaughSly

kesuke
Doggyman

Apr 1, 2004, 10:46 PM

Post #17 of 399 (4684 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kcsy, xyne] Northern Dog Breeds Fan Club [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah....lots of dogs are up for adoption now...sigh....what is happening?? Pirate

ahhahaha.....when your mom wins 4d then you mah have to wait very long?? ehehe......unless your mom has extremely good luck lah...ehhee....wahhh....maybe you'll get yours sooner than me lah...ehhehe....then amy can get one also....waaaahhh.......AngelicAngelicAngelicAngelic

kakaka...you two trying to kidnap rex ah?? ehhehe....ya lah must be careful lah...GR and labbie no worries but boxer....might be a bit suspcious of new dogs loh....so amy...hehee...got big problem!! and amy you need a big van or lorry lah....ahhahaa....to put 5 dogs or 6 (plus oki) in a vehicle.....see you got 3 dogs, cheryl has 2 (must bring together or rex will cry) and then krystle has oki........waaaaaaahhh.......so much chaos!!!!! heheheheheh......LaughSlyLaugh

kesuke
Doggyman

Apr 1, 2004, 10:48 PM

Post #18 of 399 (4684 views)
Shortcut

see lah......hehehehe....both of us gila already.....kakakaaka.......LaughSlyLaugh

eh so you will have 5 dogs later.....hahahah.....sure pening and pengsan man......1 boxer 1 GR 1 MS 1 husky and 1 westie.....hahhahahah......doggy paradise.....hehehehe....LaughLaugh

kakaka...ya ya...about time you get a female dog lah....hehehehe.....

xyne
Doggyman

Apr 1, 2004, 11:16 PM

Post #19 of 399 (4683 views)
Shortcut

LaughLaughLaugh pity the female dog la then.. pops n harvey oways horniy.. kesian her lor... heheheee..

i want westie only after they are all in heaven lor... want to train her properly, then when she is more adult, i think abt getting another dog abt her size cos no conflict like pops n harvey now...

o if i want husky i go look for u n dognap for awhile la... LaughLaughSly

kesuke
Doggyman

Apr 2, 2004, 12:06 AM

Post #20 of 399 (4682 views)
Shortcut

hahahahah!!!! then you'll have to run around like mad woman protecting the female westie.....ehhehhe.....harvey cannot "get" her lah....too big size...eheh...but pops sure can.....hahahaha......LaughSly

yeah...good idea also.....but you must tahan for like 10 more years loh.....Cool but i think it's fun to have big and small dogs together like your pops and harvey...ehehe.....parrrrttttttyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! LaughLaughCoolTongue

muahahahaha...now you want to kidnap me ah???? ehhehehe.....

kcsy
K9 Maniac

Apr 2, 2004, 12:46 AM

Post #21 of 399 (4682 views)
Shortcut

no lah....tat is if my mom strike 4D lah. what do u think are the possibility of my mom kena 4D? sigh.....so, therefore bye bye husky.

hahaha...what yr dogs? talk about yr dog and my dog getting along first lah. later my oki sniffs everyone's backside and popeye sure get angry wan. Blush

kidnap! kidnap! Tongue look out for us, lovedoggies!

Wink Krystle & Oki Wink

xyne
Doggyman

Apr 2, 2004, 12:55 AM

Post #22 of 399 (4680 views)
Shortcut

of course u oso la.. comes with the whole package isint it?? hheeheheeeeLaughLaughSly

but hor.. if got 2 diff size tat is prominent.. they develop this attitude.. big one more lansi cos get away easy.. small one more desperate n all.. last tim ei had a spitz n pug oso like tat.. forever can not live in peacePiratePirate ...

maybe i will get a pair of the same.. and have a small westie family??? have the mom, dad and westie juniors!!! i got my mom a really cute westie keychain.. sooo adorable... looks like a bleached popeye cos pops face look more like westie than MS.. heheee....

kesuke
Doggyman

Apr 2, 2004, 1:02 AM

Post #23 of 399 (4679 views)
Shortcut

hahahaha.....then you go "lelong lelong!!!" is it....ehhehehe....LaughSly

oh really ah?? i never had diff size dogs before....oh no wait, there was one time we had a doberman and a mixed breed...like spitz mixed....and the spitz mixed was medium sized...actually quite big lah... and then our dobe was tall loh coz large breed mah....but then not too much problem also...maybe our spitz mix was bigger than our dobe cannot bully her..hahaha....

aiseh..later you become westie momma...ehheheh..... eiks....pops looks more like westie?? Crazy eh the westie head bigger ler....and ears also....and then shorter and longer also lah.....Crazy

xyne
Doggyman

Apr 2, 2004, 1:37 AM

Post #24 of 399 (4678 views)
Shortcut

haahahaaaa.. yala.. looks like our easiest way to get a huskly now is kidnap rex.. hahahahaaaa.. come.. lets operate!!!! LaughLaughLaughSly

no worries.. if the dog sniff sniff means they wanna know each other... its better tat way than them stare at each other.. wahh,.then better run...

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Apr 2, 2004, 9:45 AM

Post #25 of 399 (4677 views)
Shortcut

wahhhhhh u saw a white husky ahhh eeeeeeeee eeehhehe

i saw one in pet safari at ikano there there other day Cool

My pets~

In Loving Memories,

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my